Finally got my Prelude!

rexcellent

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got Rice

Do-Luck is the only company that actually makes kits for cars that make the car more aerodynamic. They are also actually polyerthane instead of that crapty ass fiberglass that if you bottom out with shatters. I dont even think they make a kit for a lude.

If yer going to spend money buy mods, build your block, build your head and turbo it. Get some boost!

You have the h23 its perfect for turboing lower compression then the h22. Vtec was made for passing cars and saving gas not for racing. Theres only one exception. The 3L and 3.2L found in the NSX. So if you want an impressive prelude trubo it. You will find you will get a lot more respect from people when you dont rice out your car and buy bodykits and put rediculous wings on FWD cars.

Im actually going to be turboing my h23 if I can save up enough money by the end of summer.

Good luck with your new lude.

Got Rice

Do-Luck is the only company that actually makes kits for cars that make the car more aerodynamic. They are also actually polyerthane instead of that crapty ass fiberglass that if you bottom out with shatters. I dont even think they make a kit for a lude.

If yer going to spend money buy mods, build your block, build your head and turbo it. Get some boost!

You have the h23 its perfect for turboing lower compression then the h22. Vtec was made for passing cars and saving gas not for racing. Theres only one exception. The 3L and 3.2L found in the NSX. So if you want an impressive prelude trubo it. You will find you will get a lot more respect from people when you dont rice out your car and buy bodykits and put rediculous wings on FWD cars.

Im actually going to be turboing my h23 if I can save up enough money by the end of summer.

Good luck with your new lude.

hey man the h22 ain't exactly slow vtec isn't just about savin gas

Vtec was made for passing cars and saving gas not for racing. Theres only one exception. The 3L and 3.2L found in the NSX.

you forgot about the S2000, Integra Type R, Civic Type R, RSX-S, del Sol VTEC, Civic Si, Integra GS-R, 4th gen Civic SiR, Prelude VTEC, Prelude Type SH.....

other than that though, you're right.

Im comparing NA to forced induction.

Obviously NA cars are going to be faster with variable valve timeing but theres nothing like boost.

Variable valve timing is for saving gas and passing cars. Think about it it only engages at higher rpms if you want the power all the way through the rpms you obviously just put huge cams in your car. But with Vtec you have the power of bigger cams in higher rpms with the gas mileage at lower rpms this is what variable valve timing systems are for. So they are for saveing gas.

SNAP!

Im comparing NA to forced induction.

Obviously NA cars are going to be faster with variable valve timeing but theres nothing like boost.

Variable valve timing is for saving gas and passing cars. Think about it it only engages at higher rpms if you want the power all the way through the rpms you obviously just put huge cams in your car. But with Vtec you have the power of bigger cams in higher rpms with the gas mileage at lower rpms this is what variable valve timing systems are for. So they are for saveing gas.

SNAP!

if VTEC was about saving gas, it would only be in SOHC engines. DOHC VTEC engines are geared more towards performance.

the you have me. I don't get good gas mileage in or out of VTEC.

As for your earlier comment about the body kits. A lot of the japanese manufacturers design their kits to improve aerodynamics. For one, authentic Veilside is designed for aerodynamics, first and appearance second. And that's directly quoted from them. A lot of the cars listed by BBS were designed by honda strictly for racing with road production as a requirement for racing the car. Integra and Civic type R for example, not to mention the NSX. There are some vtec cars that are set for gas mileage and some for performance. The setup is definately different on the cars for one or the other.

Infiniteprelude do u relize what happens when u turbo a vtec enigine. by the time u hit peak boost it tacks out because vtec needs high compression in the cylinder to works thus turboing a vtec is pointless. If u want horespower out of a honda the perfect engine to turbo is the B18 1.8. 1.8s and 2.0s have the perfect compression ratios to turbo. The fastest NA honda I have drivin was an NSX it was the only one that has impressed me. Believe me I know what Im talking about. Im not crapting on anyone, I am a huge honda fan. Im just merely talking from experiance. I have seen pretty much every car from bone stock to heavily modified at the track. Hell Ive driven many. A friend and I built a 450 WHP Tsi. That thing was impressive we had a PTE60 trim in that bad boy and it moved, but it was not reliable. The 3.0L accord 6speed ivtec was impressive stock Ill be honest but other than that u need boost.

S2000 one of my favorite cars. They are slow stock but the are incredible fun to drive!!! Incredibly fun!!

Theres a lot of honda tuners at the track I go to and they run low 11s and one broke into the 10s with street legal HB civics. They had 71trim turbos under the hoods and were performing 550WHP on the dyno. Now thats impressive

I saw a del sol run a high 11 it also was turboed and heavily modified. I Beleave it was around 400WHP.

I am not trying to crap on anyone I am just stating my opinion, and opinions are like buttheads evrybody has them and nobody wants to hear them. I am sorry if I offended anyone Im just speaking from my personnal experiences with automotives.

Do u have a friend with a dsm like a 3000gt or eclipse, talon that is actually turbo??

well If u do ask to drive it.

Its a whole diff world man seriously its insane. U feel the turbo spool and and u creme your pants especially if the car is modded and has a large hard hitting turbo.

bigbird they obviosly built the motor with lower compression pistons or put stroker kits in them!!

Im talking if u want to run turbo on the stock internals which u would only run no more then 8 psi and it would be pointless on a vtec motor.

Why dont u think the would put VVTS in turboed cars for more HP to begin with.

Its cheaper to build a non-vtec motor because u can run stock compression with a good piston and some good forged rods. Then all u need to do is build the head for high revs and crank up the boost.

If u do run a smaller faster spooling turbo u will be tractionless its better to have a bigger harder hitting turbo that spools up at around 5000-6500rpm range that way u can actually get going b4 the turbo kits in so building honda is for 1/4 mile seeing as the would not get enough traction for 1/8 mile.

yes because its higher compression and at 10 psi the turbo doesnt have to work the engine as hard so u will get more HP but Im talking massive amounts of boost like 20-35 psi. Stock internals can not handle this and u need the lower compression pistons so that the motor doesnt tack out when the turbo is only half boosted. Come on dont talk to me like I dont know my crap. Your better off to start with a non vtec. And when im talking about building a motor Im not talking about the sleeves Im talking about internals. Pistons and Rods.

Im not talking yer little street turbos either Im talking hard hitting turbos that start to spool around 5000-6000 rpms.

Have you ever built a car? JW

My friend and I built a 98 AWD TSI 450 on the dyno! @28psi

6 bolt swap

Ross pistons

scat rods

PTE 60 Trim

Greddy Front mount intercooler

Shep Tranny

Exteral wastegate

Greddy type rs

750cc injecters

acfc 2

Apex'integration downpipe

3" Greddy catback

When it ran it was unreal fast!

yes because its higher compression and at 10 psi the turbo doesnt have to work the engine as hard so u will get more HP but Im talking massive amounts of boost like 20-35 psi. Stock internals can not handle this and u need the lower compression pistons so that the motor doesnt tack out when the turbo is only half boosted. Come on dont talk to me like I dont know my crap. Your better off to start with a non vtec. And when im talking about building a motor Im not talking about the sleeves Im talking about internals. Pistons and Rods.

no crap! so, you're trying to compare built non-VTEC motors to non built VTEC motors....you apparently DON'T know your crap. show me one non-VTEC DOHC Honda motor that's over 400whp.

you're asking me if I've ever personally built a motor? no, not personally. though I did help quite a bit in building my own motor and have helped various friends build their motors and have helped a couple people on this site with their engine builds.

450whp? who cares? like I said, I have a friend with a 500whp integra. I did forget to mention the guy who actually built my engine has a 600+whp CRX....with a VTEC motor.

I do know one thing and its the point I am trying to get acroos is u cannot run stock compression in a vtec when u want to run a hadr hitting turbo its POINTLESS the trubo only spools half to its potential b4 u need to to shift.

Your changing the point

what do u run in the 1/4 and what do u have done to your car Im curious

Archived