Finally got my Prelude!

rexcellent

wow, I just read all this and ryu, your an idiot. If non-vtec is better than vtec for turbo, then why are all the professional drivers at nopi running vtec motors? Oh, and they run high boost with their 1000whp 4cyl VTEC motors. Not a one of them is running non-vtec.

And BBS would rape your car w/o vasoline

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In fininte let me break it down for u the way I see it if anybody wants to add something feel free.

When you turbo a vtec its fine to run a fast spooling street turbo, beacuse there is less lag, the turbo reaches full boost at lower rpms. But if u put a large turbo wich takes longer to spool up ( Turbo Lag). Then u may run into problems. For instance a vtec is hihger compression thena normal motor because of the VVTS. So what Im trying to say is when you reach peak rpms the bigger turbo is only going to be useing half of its potential because it only spooling up half way before u have to shift. In some cases building you head can iliminate this problem because then your car can handle higher revs.

You should really ask Big Bird about turboing a vtec because I know more about DSMs then hondas to be quite honest.:thumbsup:

"Its not turbo lag its foreplay" :devil:

B16vtec Im not gonna argue with u either I had said that lower compression engines are better for froced induction its a proven fact.

I know his car will rape my lude, My lude is stock it doesnt take a genius to do the math.

And if u would have read the posts carefully u would have seen that my friend and I formerly owned one of the fastest DSMs in my state.

These forums SUCK all people do is hate on each other.

I bet half of you have never raced a 1/4 mile, Im just sick of everyones crap.

Im not one of those dbags who looks crap up on the interneat Im speaking from experiance so gro up.

With the right internals and a good tune, a high compression engine can handle the same amount of boost. It's a proven fact because all the professional teams are doing it.....with their vtec motors. Oh, and a vtec will spool a large turbo just as fast as a non-vtec engine. Vtec will not effect a turbo spooling. If you don't believe me, do some searches of these 500whp vtec motors and look at their power curves. Oh and the pros run seriously huge turbos on their vtec setups. Most are bigger than a 60 trim. You can also spool the turbo with nitrous which would completely end this debate.

In fininte let me break it down for u the way I see it if anybody wants to add something feel free.

When you turbo a vtec its fine to run a fast spooling street turbo, beacuse there is less lag, the turbo reaches full boost at lower rpms. But if u put a large turbo wich takes longer to spool up ( Turbo Lag). Then u may run into problems. For instance a vtec is hihger compression thena normal motor because of the VVTS. So what Im trying to say is when you reach peak rpms the bigger turbo is only going to be useing half of its potential because it only spooling up half way before u have to shift. In some cases building you head can iliminate this problem because then your car can handle higher revs.

You should really ask Big Bird about turboing a vtec because I know more about DSMs then hondas to be quite honest.:thumbsup:

"Its not turbo lag its foreplay" :devil:

arrr ok.. think is i though that when you put a turbo in your engine you should make the sufficiant changes to it to compensate for those problems? an i think before 5500revs its a normal engine? an i thought that hondas vtec system was designed as an alternative to fitting turbo? can you not have a twin turbo system that alows you to get the benifits of both lower revs and higher revs? i.e smal turbo for lower rpms an big turbo for higher rpms. i also been reading on some other prelude sites some seem to think that a supercharger works better for the prelude??? i don't really know the difference.... :crazy:

just for the record im not arguing im asking ive done my own threads but im being ignored!

A turbo is spooled by the exhaust coming out of the engine so how do u figure u spool it with nitrous. Obviously if u shoot nitrous into the motor theres going to be a great increase in exhaust prssure. Bigger turbos are designed to hit full boost at higher rpms thus when the turbo spools it hits harder3 but there is lag leading up to it. I know high compression motors can spool a trurbo u dumbass. You want the lower compression so that when its fully boosted or like I said before only half boosted your engine is not tacked out.

And unless u own a 1000whp forced induction vtec I dont understand where u are comeing from I have experimented with many forced induction cars I was in a DSM group for a few years, and did I not mention I dont care what u think u prob have never owned a forced induction car. This makes u ignorent. I did not start anyhting with u and BBS and I resolved are conflick so u seriously need to get a life.

If it wasnt for the weather where I live I wouldent be bored enough to post on this half assed, poor excuse for a forum

Infininte you are right thats how most twin turbo cars work to the exact tear.

Superchargers spool like a turbo but off the engine so when the enigne revs it spools so in some cases its better then turbo like for instance autos that can not maintain boost witha turbo will the tranny shifts through geras or even a vtec motor in some casses. There is less tunning with a supercharger but its still a large task to supercharge a car. And vtec was created as a forced induction alternative. Lower rpms you save gas and when u want the power to pass a car its there.

Im not argueing about that its just the change the compression ratio in the vtec motor to run high psi. I dont want to fight with u guys were all automotive enthusiets and we shouldent fight but help each other. This is not what forums are meant for. :)

Archived