D-series question

d-block97

turbo ur d16

i dont think you would run 8psi safely

since u goin rebuild it..might as well buy aftermarket internals

or else just swap that thing

So you think i should buy that JDM motor? its a d15b1

i have all the stuff planned out if i did go that route. FOrged pistons, rods, crank, and titanium valves and springs. If i didn't get a forged crank, would it be pointless to get the rest? or could i run more psi thani could on the stock internals. the only reason i ask i because of financial reasons. it would be nice to take that extra 500 bucks and spend it on a decent set of 16's.

First you can't say how much power he will have.

Second, a forged crank is over $2,000 and none are made for the D series.

PM me for a price on a built Y8 longblock.

I have a spare and will build it for you.

I carry CP Pistons, AEBS resleeving, Eagle, Rocket Motorsports, ARP, etc

P.S. titanium valves are over $1,200.

First you can't say how much power he will have.

Second, a forged crank is over $2,000 and none are made for the D series.

PM me for a price on a built Y8 longblock.

I have a spare and will build it for you.

I carry CP Pistons, AEBS resleeving, Eagle, Rocket Motorsports, ARP, etc

P.S. titanium valves are over $1,200.

Yea, didn't know about the crank. i have had american cars, yes i was insulting them, but thats a joke with one of my friends, b/c he has a gtp. I had a '93 mustang and loved it, but it ate gas like it was going out of style. like i said, i am new to the import world, and just had some questions. I didn't have a problem with a part not being made for my mustang, so i figured, honda civic, parts no problem. oh well. are all the d block bottom ends the same? can i use a block from an older car, or not? jus wonderin.

All 92+ D16 blocks are the same dimensionally.

92-95 D16's have a better oil pump.

Pistons are different in all D16 blocks (y7,y8, z6, y5)

P.S. Stock Honda cranks can hold over 1,000whp.

i dont think im gonna swap it. i talked to my guy at Street Scene Auto Works here in indiana. He had a SOHC del sol on stock internals runnin 8psi all day. Not tryin to tell u guys ur wrong or ne thing. but he was tellin me to get a non vtec del sol tranny, cause of the longer gear ratios. LIke i said, im new to this, so any help would be great, i just dont want to bother u guys a whole lot. I was wondering about how much horse per pound would i get if i ran 8psi. i know it determines on alot, but a rough estimate

There is no rough estimate.

Why do people always think you need longer gears to turbo?

If 300whp all motor K's are running 5.0 final drives and the same gearing as an ITR, then why would a 200whp need long gears and a 3.8 final drive?

If your fully built, you can easily push 7 pounds. Are you not turning it up for daily driving purposes, are what ???

Stock D series will hold 7 psi, it will be fine as long as he doesn't dog the crap out of the car.

To SSR, I was wondering the same thing. I hate the way the gears are set up on the DX and LS trannys.

Thats cool, i was just going by what i heard, and figured id get a second opinion. So i could run 7psi easy, thats cool. are there any little quarks to the d series that would help out my times in general without spending a whole lot. like tuning i could do at home? on my mustang, i advanced the timing, and it ran a whole lot quicker, little hotter but definately quicker. just little stuff like that, that makes a difference. Thanks!

this thread is stupid. if you blew up your motor and you have to rebuild it anyway, why not do it right? spend the extra $1g and have SSR build you a motor. especially if your planning to go turbo, n amount of power is too much. do it right or you will regret it.

this thread is stupid. if you blew up your motor and you have to rebuild it anyway, why not do it right? spend the extra $1g and have SSR build you a motor. especially if your planning to go turbo, n amount of power is too much. do it right or you will regret it.

Whoa, man, just asking some questions. if you read earlier, i'm new to imports. How old, are you, and how much do yoo make an hour? B/c i'm 17, and making $8.75 an hour. I paid for everything on my mustang, and did it myself. Body work, Engine work. Mostly anything that went wrong, i either fixed, or asked some one to help me, not do it for me. So if your wondering why i want some smaller, cheaper secrets, there you go. what all is done to your car that makes you think you can talk like that? Im sure my guys will give u a run for your money. u think you can hang my buddy and i's project with a 383 stroker with 100 shot in an s-10, prolly not. What about a 400hp Rex( and thats at lower boost, it'll go for alot more), or if you want to go Honda to Honda, what about an integra gsr on gas, w/ about 300hp? Jus wondering bro. i dont mean to insult you or nething, or talk you down in any way, but damn man. just looked like from what you typed that you were calling me stupid for starting this thread. Later

You really shouldn't just talk crap to people when you don't know. I won't say too much because I don't want to take the joy away from SexyH22, but he's got plenty enough to hold his own with anyone of those cars if he wanted to, so honda for honda, be careful who you talk crap to.

You really shouldn't just talk crap to people when you don't know. I won't say too much because I don't want to take the joy away from SexyH22, but he's got plenty enough to hold his own with anyone of those cars if he wanted to, so honda for honda, be careful who you talk crap to.

i'm realy not talkin crap, just sayin that what he typed looked like an insult to me. if wasn't, then let him tell me so. I know i dont have a fast car, and u dont see me talkin to people like that. all i had was a couple of questions. o-well.

I just turned 18, and I make 10.00 an hour, and I find a way to buy a lot of things. You could easily save up the 1000 bucks if that is what you are talking about. SSR will build you a motor, and build it right. It does make sense though, like sexy said, if it is broken, work a little bit, save some money, and rebuild it with aftermarket stuff, and do it right.:thumbsup:

Archived