D-series question

d-block97

you need to watch your mouth kid. thats not the way you make frieends or get help around here. any time you're building a car for performance why would you aver half ass it? im 18 and i make crapy money. but my car is 9months in the making and i payed for it all myself. why do someithing crapty to have to go back and fix it later. you came here for opinions and thats what i gave you, my opinion. thats what i get for trying to help someone who doesnt know what there doing. them to get all defensive and tell me that he knows people who know people who know people who might have a faster car than me.... good job pal.

Thats cool man. I'm not some little bitch, when i know ';m wrong, i'll say so. So sexyh22, sorry for talkin like that.Like i said, it looked like what u typed was an insult, so i called u on it. my bad bro. thanx for all the help guys.

peace!

no man, i'm cool. like i said, i have no problem with you guys, i was wrong, and i'm sorry.

I have an offer for a b18a1, and tranny for like $600 for both from one of my friends. would that be worth it? i know they go for aroun 1500, at the least. just wondering what you guys think

b18a's are older..less hp

and 600 is a little expensive for that

i would rebuilt your motor "the right way" especially since you wanna boost....people cry(my friends) when they blow their heads, or pistons, or rods on their stock engine...imagine how you would feel if you blow your Rebuilt motor..all that work and time for just another rebuilt...not worth it bro.....

BTW..im slammin my car to the floor this weekend (4 inch drop)... ill post sum pics later

:ph34r: i noticed you guyz talkin about how much you make an hour..lol...i dont' even kno...i get salary :ph34r:

yea, its from an older integra. i just sold a '95 ranger on air ride. it was tight, but after my mustang, i wanted something faster, and a project. i traded my mustang for it, then traded the truck for this civic.

Off topic but if you want to figure out your hourly wage from a salary, just take the salary divide by 2 and drop three of the zeros off the end and that's a close estimate of what you make an hour. For example my salary is 34k/year divide by 2 and youve got 17,000, drop the 3 zeros and you've got around $17.00/hour.

b18a1 is a great engine just watch piston rings later on..

fully rebuild that engine before you use it just make it to sound condition. my friends b18a1 ef just cracked his piston rings just bought another one and is turboing the one he just bought.

good luck i like that engine i have driven it and its very decent for 600 bucks.

My friend really likes it. He had it in something else before he got his integra. but i think it will work out pretty well. $600 for motor and trans. will i need a new wires harness. Should i get a new fuel pump( even if i dont turbo it)? i know i need some new motor mounts, but else should i get?

if your going to rebuild it, you should save up and rebuild it strong, then build a good turbo kit for it. if done right, it will cost about $5k for everything and be able to push alot of power through it.

ur talking about the b series, or my d series? that sounds about right though, for the turbo fully installed. Is that turbo kit, with everything installed. i am going to do it myself, and ask one of my buddies if he will help me. That should drastically drop the price of that turbo dont u think? and it most definately will be done right. i am very anal about my cars, sounds weird, but thats how i am. Took me 5 months to do the body on my mustang. My boss had like 30hours in just buffing and wet sanding, so it will deinately be done right.

We'll

I'm based on a 22k a year

Bur I make comission on top of dat

Watz dat? 10$ an hour

But I would b makin roughly 45-75k a yr dependin on how good business is

To answer al ur questions..NO

I'm not a drug dealer

I quit that a while back

ok well its really hard to say totla numbers. basically, on my h22, i did a full build, sleeved, pistons rods rings, bearings, valve job, turbo, fmic, wasateagate,...... the list goes on and on. pretty much i think i've spent around $5k and i have done all of the labor myself. i will try to get a bettr tally of total costs and make a thread about it.

Archived