04' S2000 vs. altima SE R

Altima SE R

big bird check stats. altima se r runs low 14's. I took my car to moroso and ran a 14.6 and my launching was bad. plus my car is automatic. So yes, they do run low 14's with good driver. in the street however is way different and the launching is alot better.

How exactly can you launch bad with an automatic? It doesn't even matter if it's on the street or track with an automatic. All you do is press the gas, plus you would have better traction at a track than on the street.

aye, thought you were talkin about a sentra.. anywho with correct hp and weight figures you're power to weight ratio jumps to 0.17 which is still less then the s2000. with the s2000's closer gear ratios and you're drivetrain loss with the automatic i'm still impressed that you took down an s2000

and if the s2k guy learned to drive... you wouldnt touch him.

i wouldnt be so sure of that. while on paper the s2000 should be quicker one must also examine things such as effective powerband. the effective power band is much stronger with the vq35de. while the s2000 is lighter the SE-R has more power which helps in top speed. with the SE-R already having a significant torque advantage, the extra power the SE-R has will likely keep it ahead of the s2000 on any type of short (light to light) or longer (1/4 mile) drags.

i would also like info on the transmission, is it more of a SMG/tiptronic type of transmission? if so this could also work to his advantage. the minimal shift times would negate any power loss through the drivetrain.

s14 silva. yes it is tiptronic. I do the shifting manually

b16vtec - shearch again SE R does come in both manual and automatic(tiptronic) trans.

let me point out-- I like both Honda and Acura. I did not come here to put down any cars, just wanted to know what I was getting into before racing my friend.

I was shocked that I could beat an s2000 but, now after talking to other SE R drivers in other forums and learning that they too have beaten s2000's in races, I am pretty sure it was not the driver but the lack of tourque that car has.

you guys that own s2000's try racing against an Altima SE R and then tell me the results. you will see that i am not lying. (I am going to race him again on friday and this time I will record the races, for you guys that think im lying.)

**note** I live in Miami, FL anyone who drives a stock s2000 that lives in Miami and thinks that im lying could challange me 2 a race.

You still didn't answer my question as to how you can have a bad launch with an automatic. If you are running a 14.6 or even a 14.2 and you are beating an '04 S2000 then the S2000 isn't a very good driver. I've seen 01 S2000's run high 13's stock and the '04 is a tenth quicker than that. A good driver can run the S2000 in high 13's with no problem.

b16- Im used to driving manual, so when i take off on an automatic i get alot of wheel spin which means that i cant take off anymore than 2500rpms and even then i have to first engage the accelerator about half way and not give it a full throttle inorder for the wheels to get grip then apply full throttle. (for me it is more complicating.) manual i just double clutch and no problems. It's all about timing.

difference in road and track? ive been practicing my launch in the road and i take off at 2500rpms with minimal wheel spin. At the track i tried the same and had hell of a wheel spin so I had to bring my rpms down to about 2000rpms.unless you go properly prepared ie: (tires, tire press. ect.) your performance will be totally different. Also i dont know if you have ever been to Moroso? but, they are known for producing very bad 1/8 mile times because of their road condition.

civicgirl- lol, why u say that?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Okay i have been reading this forum all the way through... even though its probably a dead thread ill still post... Even though im a strong supporter of Honda, the Nissan Altima SeR should and did take the S2K... The Altima SeR hangs with the new GTO... the Altima has a 0-60mph time of 5.9 seconds... and yes the quarter mile times on a Altima SeR are around the mid to low 14's...I love Honda but never underestimate Nissan, they can be tricky sometimes...Oh yeah the only Nissan that sucks is the 2000+ Sentra SeR Spec-V them things are soo slow...:thumbsup:

Do you even realize what the S2000 runs. The S2000 runs 0-60 in 5.4-5.6 (depending on driver) both of which are faster than the 5.9 you posted for the Nissan. S2000 runs a 13.9 qm compared to the "low 14's" you posted for the Nissan. So based on the numbers you posted, you proved yourself wrong.

Do you even realize what the S2000 runs. The S2000 runs 0-60 in 5.4-5.6 (depending on driver) both of which are faster than the 5.9 you posted for the Nissan. S2000 runs a 13.9 qm compared to the "low 14's" you posted for the Nissan. So based on the numbers you posted, you proved yourself wrong.

Nope i just got on Honda.com and here is the real 0-60 and qm time... 2006 Honda S2000 0-60 time is 5.8, quater-mile time is 14.2.... so in fact the SeR will win...Oh and the SeR has 250lbsft of torque not 240 (10 more lbs make a big difference...):thumbsup:

So how is the 5.9 0-60 time quicker from your SER faster than a 5.8 you found on the S2000? Good at math aren't you. I have personally seen bone stock S2000's hit 13.9x's in the qm. Car and driver, or road and track (one of the car testing magazines) also hit a 13.9 on a stock S2000. Not only is this a dead thread, it's already been established that by numbers alone, the S2000 is quicker. flip.gif

So how is the 5.9 0-60 time quicker from your SER faster than a 5.8 you found on the S2000? Good at math aren't you. I have personally seen bone stock S2000's hit 13.9x's in the qm. Car and driver, or road and track (one of the car testing magazines) also hit a 13.9 on a stock S2000. Not only is this a dead thread, it's already been established that by numbers alone, the S2000 is quicker. flip.gif

Like i have said before what in the fukk is you f*cking problem? i havent done a damn thing to you, you're just pushing yourself into another fight and im not trying to start one... For one i have seen plenty of S2K and Altima SeR races and the SeR and S2K's are pretty much even... I've seen SeR's win alot and the same with the S2K's... so really this there is no point on arguing about 2 cars that are almost even... and i also seen a GTO and SeR race and the SeR got him by a car and a half... then later that night i saw a S2K and a GTO run it and the GTO got him by half a car legnth... thats why i favored the SeR... and the stats you and I read are made by professional drivers... also road and track had a article on the SeR and GTO and they are almost perfectly even...dont get me wrong if i had a choice I'd rather have a S2K than a SeR or a GTO...:thumbsup:

:laugh: You're the one who brought a dead thread back to life to argue a point which had already been concluded. Don't bring an argument back to life if you don't want to start up another argument. I don't have a problem with you, just stating that 5.9 is not faster than 5.8 on 0-60 so even based on your own statements, the S2000 is quicker. You constantly contradict yourself. argue.gif

That's nothing. There are much better smilies to come. This entire topic is stupid anyway. I garuntee I could beat my dad's S2000 with my del sol......if my mom drove the S2k. If my dad drove the S2K I would get stomped. Driver quality plays an even bigger part than the performance of the car. That's why these types of posts are suppossed to be banned to begin with.

Not only that, but you have seen many S2K and SER races ? Do you go out looking for races ?

And honestly, sorry but no SER is going to beat a GTO stock for stock.

And this is bad ass >> argue.gif

No i just have 3 friends that have S2000's... i rode with Tho(yes his name is Tho) and he raced a Nissan Altima SeR and won 2 and lost 1, all of the races were really close... The 2 he won he beat him by a half a car legnth and the loss he had he lost by a few feet... he also drives 2 acura integra GSR and 1 integra LS-vtec...:thumbsup:

Archived