04' S2000 vs. altima SE R

Altima SE R

My friend just got a 2004 S2000 and he is dying to race me. I want to know if I stand a chance with my SE R or would I hands down get my ass kicked? I know its a honda forum, but please give honest opinions. Only mods I have is a NISMO CAI. His car is new , so no mods yet.

well, we will be racing from stand still. about a quarter mile length. Would the lack of tourque benefit me any. (close race or kill?)

only cars ive raced were:

friends 350z - I won twice and lost one

RSX type s - I killed him

WRX sti - he killed me (not even close)

never seen a s2000 race before, so i want to know what 2 expect.

You'd probably get him off the line but once his Vtec kicks in he'd start pulling on you. I think your torque advantage will only help you off the line. With the length of a QM, his high end power will outweight your torque. Also, an S2000 is quite a bit lighter than your car.

ok everyone, I finally raced my friend and I am very happy to say, I won all 3 races. First race I beat him by about 1 and 1/2 and the other two I beat him by a car length. My other friends that went with me, were shocked cuz they thought I would get my ass kicked. Next time we will try racing from rolling. But after racing those 3 times, I think I have a good chance from a roll also. I'll let everyone know the outcome when it happens.

:D

I knew that was coming. being that I am in a honda forum. My friend drives good, those cars are top-end wonders but slow from launch. after the lead I got from him in the start, it was pretty even. He would not get closer and I would not pull from him. Also, I have read that the stock clutch on those cars really suck.

I knew that was coming. being that I am in a honda forum. My friend drives good, those cars are top-end wonders but slow from launch. after the lead I got from him in the start, it was pretty even. He would not get closer and I would not pull from him. Also, I have read that the stock clutch on those cars really suck.

I'll say it again. YOU'RE FRIEND NEEDS TO LEARN HOW TO DRIVE.

I'm not saying that because this is a honda forum. I'm saying that because an altima just doesn't run a low 14-high 13 second 1/4 mile.

yeah your friend can't drive period. lets look at stats shall we? as you have an automatic, you obviously dont have the spec-v.

HP

S2000 240hp

SE-R 165hp

Torque

S2000 162lb-ft

SE-R 175lb-ft

Curb Weight

S2000 2835lbs ->1286kg

SE-R 2761lbs ->1252kg

HP/kg

S2000 0.19

SE-R 0.13

Thusly you should take him initially off a line due to your higher torque, but he should pull on you for 4 reasons. 1) a better power to weight ratio. 2) better gearing. 3) your automatic trans, while it shifts fairly fast it also robs extra horsepower which is not lost in manual transmissions. and finally his car is more aerodynamic, and although this will not play a huge roll in low speeds, if you took the race to 80+ mph his lower coefficient of drag will be advantagous to him, assuming he has the top up, if the tops down the coefficient of drag gets much larger and that reason can thusly be dropped from the list. that being said good work on beating up on a S2000 :thumbsup: just don't try to take him in the twisties!

let me correct u on that

SER-260hp

tourque- 240

silva thanks for coments. yeah rolling the results should be different. i'll let u guys know when it happens.

Another thing has anyone here actually raced against an ser? cuz in the nissan forum, others say they have raced against s2000 and also came out on top. guess it's just not me. those other drivers might not have known how to drive as well.

Archived