lastresort576's build thread

lastresort576

Alright i think this is the right section to post this. but since i dont formally have abuild thread to update my sol so here it is..

Current as of 4/3/08

Year and Model: 1994 civic del sol S

Motor: d16z6. bored .020 over,

je 9-1 pistons,

block gaurd,

balanced rotating assembly,

commetic .051 HG,

ARP head studs,

iceman Sr-cai,

megan racing style header,

2-1/4 cat-back exhaust,

test pipe,

clevite bearings.

Suspension/Brakes: KYB agx adjustables with omni-power sleeve overs,-- Corner Weighted,

del sol 15mm rear sway bar,

teg rear lca's,

Password JDM 3pt. front strut bar,

eg6 rear disc conv.,

brembo blanks(all 4 wheels),

Hawk HP+ pads(all 4 wheels),

ATE super blue brake fluid,

Exterior: LS Mesh wheels 2 wrapped in toyo proxes4 tires. and 2 in Nexen N2000's

Interior:... dstuning.com custom fit del sol floor mats.

glow shift 3-gauge pod for del sol,

aem uego wideband o2,

auto meter pro-comp ultra light vacuum/boost,

auto meter carbon fiber series ultra light oil pressure gauge

I.C.E.= In Car Entertainment: alpine type s 6-1/2" door speakers,

apline type s 5x7" rear speakers,

alpine cda-9827 reciever.

Soon to come: (All parts i currently own waiting to go in) HF manifold(opened up a bit) mated up to a DSM T-25 turbo, via BMC Race adapter plate ,

dsm Blue top 450's, dsm 1G bov,

walbro 255lph fuel pump,

2.5" charge pipes,

28x7x2.5 FMIC,

xenocron.com custom base map,

tuned w/crome...

Once i get money: Ostrich V2.0, Hulog cable, Moates Burn1--->> (some time this summer i will have acquired this),

build my head up thats in pieces-

crower retainers/springs,

crower stage2 turbo cam,

ferrea intake/exhaust valves,

3/5 angle valve job,

some porting done,

opening up the intake manifold,

GT28rs,

and a new turbo manifold...possibly a mini-ram horn

0926071522a.jpg

DSCF0316.jpg

img-resized.png Reduced: 80% of original size [ 799 x 600 ] - Click to view full imageMysolleavingmeet.jpg

Mysol.jpg

1121072029a.jpg

DSCF0413.jpg

was below 30* when i did my swap on thanksgiving night.

DSCF0412.jpg

DSCF0415.jpg

0203081346.jpg

0319081818a.jpg

DSCF0422.jpg

DSCF0435.jpg

DSCF0439.jpg

10-20-2007114116PM.jpg

All for now.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really?

They use baking soda instead of glass beads, or sand, and walnut shells! Will dissolve in water or other liquid, so as not to score anything, if all of it is not removed! Also soft so will not cause pitting!

Really?

They use baking soda instead of glass beads, or sand, and walnut shells! Will dissolve in water or other liquid, so as not to score anything, if all of it is not removed! Also soft so will not cause pitting!

yup what ^^ said. it is also alot more enviromentally friendly.

you make it to the track yet? now that you have wheel bearings? lol

eh nope. next race is tomorrow...BUT it is my gf's graduation as well as our anniv. i have a feeling it would be a very bad idea if i went racing instead!

so the next one is june 7th or 8th. i believe the 7th is the points race day(locals) and the 8th is the scca national solo tour's stop in our new england region. im hoping to make it and i should.

my brakes still need a lil work though...

Who needs brakes man, they just slow you down! If you really need to slow down cut holes in floor and Flintstone your ass! :thumbsup:

unfortunately brakes allow you to go as deep into the corner as possible. which is partly a reason why you shouldnt solely rely on engine braking to slow you down. essentially you use the brakes to slow yourself down and the engine to prevent the tires from locking up. as well as preparing to exit the corner in the correct power band.

unfortunately brakes allow you to go as deep into the corner as possible. which is partly a reason why you shouldnt solely rely on engine braking to slow you down. essentially you use the brakes to slow yourself down and the engine to prevent the tires from locking up. as well as preparing to exit the corner in the correct power band.

I stand corrected MR WIZARD! :laugh:

I beg your forgiveness! :p

Just cut a hole in your floor and stick your feet down ...... it should work :thumbsup:

JW....megan racing style header? Where'd you get it? I would like a ceramic black header myself.

its a $50 ebay header that i traded audio for it along with the wheels. it was originally the stainless/polished color but i got wd-40 on it when it was hot and it got all discolored.

so when i did my engine swap i painted it with dupli-color high temp primer and black paint. w/o any prep work of the metal surface itself. and today it doesnt look as good in the pick but still alot better than i thought it would be.

the only issue ive had with the header so far is that after like 1k miles the #1 runner cracked, i had a buddy re-weld it up and i havent had a problem since...its been like 2.5 years aswell since then.

• 3 weeks later...

Well i had some time and motivation this afternoon, since i want the car boosted by like the 20th of june so i installed the FMIC today. didnt go to too bad but i should have mounted it a bit further back on the bumper support so i wouldnt need to trim off so much plastic from the cover like i did...ohwell

unfortunately i dont have any pix of what it looks like under the bumper cover, but i can tell you that it is about 87% invisible, even more so if i do end up reinstalling my front plate..

and for the pix:

DSCF0462.jpg

DSCF0464.jpg

DSCF0465.jpg

Wheel Gap anyone?

DSCF0466.jpg

friday i shall be working on the charge pipes and sat the down pipe. once all that is kosher the car is off the road til i chip the ecu and wire in some dsm 450's.

Nice build man, Can't believe I missed this. So yeah I really like the teggy rims on the sol. I was thinking about doing that.

So how hard does that sol pull?

well it hooks and handles very well, in the way of 'pull' i guess basically how a stock z6 would be for now at least. i am running a bit rich as a result of the engine build. at WOT im around 12-13 afr on my wide band.

Nice Build man, i just dont like the fly catcher grill you have/had in the front bumper... but the car looks really great!!! :thumbsup:

yea grill is goin to be staying to hide the fmic and protect it also the radiator hitting big june beettles like to remove the cooling fins.

Why not just get the stock grill insert? should hide it better... plus isnt your front mount powder coated black?

Also, where in the hell are you guys getting those sig pics? I want one for my evo >_<

Why not just get the stock grill insert? should hide it better... plus isnt your front mount powder coated black?

Also, where in the hell are you guys getting those sig pics? I want one for my evo >_<

the fmic is just a thin layer of dull black paint that is only on one side so if i wanted to i could flip it around and have the shiny side out.

stock grill insert? im afraid idk of what your talking about to the best of my knowledge there isnt an insert...there is some 'grill work' on the bumper cover but not much and wouldnt do a thing for protection...so if there is a insert that you speak of enlighten me because im curious.

and for the pixel car sig, i have know idea about how to make one. somebody on jdmcoupecouncil.com made a thread saying the ones hes seen are pathetic and offered to make them for people, so i told him to make one for myself. i think it came out pretty good too.

Archived