93 del sol front conversion

orangedelight0220

that guy is on the first page of cardomain, he has all the progess of it, its pretty sweet. if you want to get a kit like that, i hope you have several grand stored away. dont quote me on this, but i think he payed around 8 grand for all of that, but im not positive

Nuhh ugh.... haha j/k i wanted to mess with ya! :laugh:

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nuhh ugh.... haha j/k i wanted to mess with ya! :laugh:

What was the point of that post ?

By the way, a true ME body kit costs 9000 on its own. I know someone who has talked to that guy on cardomain, and his whole project of the paint and body cost $23000. Then he bought those wheels, redid the interior, and swapped in a B16a, and is turboing it. It is going to be about 50K invested, easily.

What kind of wheels are those? i would like to buy some, do they make them for Toyota Trueno's (latest addition to my driveway) because i'm thinking that they might actually look good on a trueno but im thinking Work wheels would look better?!? :crazy:

Of course I don't have that kind of money right now, but eventually I would like to have my del sol to that point. It's been my favorite car since I can remember, and now that I have one I'm never letting go of that baby.

So it's an ME body kit? I'll try to remember that in my searches (starting with cardomain). Any recommended places to start after that?

Of course I don't have that kind of money right now, but eventually I would like to have my del sol to that point. It's been my favorite car since I can remember, and now that I have one I'm never letting go of that baby.

So it's an ME body kit? I'll try to remember that in my searches (starting with cardomain). Any recommended places to start after that?

yup its a me body kit. im surprised as to why someone hasnt bought one yet and replicated it and sold it. i mean crap if i ever came across 10 or so thousand bucks id hell buy one and copy it and sell it for 800 bucks.

I think he might have just meant "in general." But, in case he wasn't, will someone please point me in the direction of one?

haha fawk yah, even if it is garbage, im sure that a lil extra fiberglass and bondo can fix it to make it look that the real crap.

Hell yeah, man. Until you said anything, I didn't even know that people made copies of body kits. This makes me more seriously consider getting one, since I can prolly do it on the cheap (although true del sol gurus will probably frown upon from on high). Then again, it also makes me more wary of things purchased from any place that is not a fully reputable dealer.

i think i could be just as happy with a fresh paint job and some chrome rims.then again mine doesnt look bad now.in fact with gas as high as it is its lookin better all the time...will be on the road to daytona beach tomorrow morning,nothing like a short road trip to clear the mind.

nothing like a short road trip to clear the mind.

Amen to that, brother.

But... chrome rims? On a del sol? I dunno, man. I'm gonna put some non-shiny motegis on mine and even with that I'm thinking of having them powder-coated. I'm not really a fan of the bling, personally. It may be due to my skin color.

Amen to that, brother.

But... chrome rims? On a del sol? I dunno, man. I'm gonna put some non-shiny motegis on mine and even with that I'm thinking of having them powder-coated. I'm not really a fan of the bling, personally. It may be due to my skin color.

haha yah, im thinking motegi tracklites and powdercoating them black. im not sure yet if i want 15's to save money and get better acceleration, or if i wanna get 17s to have more of a stabile top end going on. there soo damn expensive les schwab told me 2120 for the 17s + toyo proxes and installation. i forgot how much the 15's would cost me. idk tho i might get 15s because im going to drop my car so 15's on a dropped car wont look too bad but 17's would look better.

Yeah, sonny, motegi's are freakin' expensive. I got a set of four mr7s (17x7s) that I'll sell to you. Some of them have slight curb scuffs on them (trust me, I didn't do it) but that won't be a problem if you plan on powdercoating them. Make me an offer?

Racing Hart, Volk, Enkei--some...those are the sh*t!!

ive found that most of those wheels are strictly designed with performance in mind and not looks. i mean hell id love to have a 10 pound 17 inch rim, but i dont wantna pay thousands of dollars for a 4 spoke bright ass red rim. thats why i like the track lites by motegi its a simple 5 or 6 spoke pattern that light weight and cheap comparatively speaking

ive found that most of those wheels are strictly designed with performance in mind and not looks. i mean hell id love to have a 10 pound 17 inch rim, but i dont wantna pay thousands of dollars for a 4 spoke bright ass red rim. thats why i like the track lites by motegi its a simple 5 or 6 spoke pattern that light weight and cheap comparatively speaking

i was thinking more along the lines of the Racing Hart C5 or C2, Volk SF winning, or the Enkei RS-7's :thumbsup:

the 5zigen 5ZR's are sweet a*s too!!

Archived