fav bands

stuckmofo

Haven't been here in awhile.

I have a Crate amp. Don't know the model name (at friends house) but it's a 12 inch speaker. The axe is an Ibanez RG220. Sounds pretty good. I'm a huge Offspring fan. Love all of the early albums.

Ya man I play an ibanez electric

the offsprings first 4 cds are awsome!

You should check out some of AFI's arly crap as well

Dexter holand singas back up on alot of afi's crap!

Download >>"god called in sick today" off> black sails in the sunset<.

Oh ..about NIN.. Industrial is a joke man, it is used to diguise techno in harder bands

notice how only a few are their songs have that computer generated crap in em!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
industrial has a completely different sound

*not really*

Techno is considered computer generated....any sound not made by the actual instruments is techno excluding voice crap.

I guess I could see how you would think that because techno is completly comp generated..but they are basicaly the same

I hate labelling NIN as Industrial, I thin they have their own sound that doesn't classify them in one certain genre. When I think Industrial, I think Front 242 or Libach.

And no, I wouldn't consider anything with computer generated instruments as Techno. There's Trance (and it's many genres: Acid, Ambient, Goa, Progressive, etc.), then there's House (and it's many genres: Hard, Disco, Progressive, Deep, etc.), Hardcore, Happycore, Gabber, Drum n' Bass, Jungle, and the list goes on. There's different styles and it's not all techno.

I hate labelling NIN as Industrial, I thin they have their own sound that doesn't classify them in one certain genre. When I think Industrial, I think Front 242 or Libach.

And no, I wouldn't consider anything with computer generated instruments as Techno. There's Trance (and it's many genres: Acid, Ambient, Goa, Progressive, etc.), then there's House (and it's many genres: Hard, Disco, Progressive, Deep, etc.), Hardcore, Happycore, Gabber, Drum n' Bass, Jungle, and the list goes on. There's different styles and it's not all techno.

:crazy: maybe.... but thoes all sound like sub-generes..I think all thoes are bull man, people want to get so techy with that crap..like 10 different names for 1 type of music.

its all the same

not really, they all pretty much have a different sound...

but that's kinda like saying all pop is the same, all rock is the same, all rap is the same, all punk is the same, etc etc etc

not really, they all pretty much have a different sound...

but that's kinda like saying all pop is the same, all rock is the same, all rap is the same, all punk is the same, etc etc etc

there is different types of rock? rap? punk? I didn't know that! explain

classic rock

hard rock

alternative rock

slow rock

modern rock

I'll let someone else explain rap and punk, those aren't my fields

classic rock

hard rock

alternative rock

slow rock

modern rock

I'll let someone else explain rap and punk, those aren't my fields

Christian Rap

East Coast

Experimental Rap

Gangsta & Hardcore

Latin Rap

Old School

Pop Rap

Rap Rock

Southern Rap

West Coast

dont know punk..

thoes sub-genres are not practical...people just use thoes "titles" so they can explain their preference better. When you ask someone.."do you like rock" do you think that they automatically (in their minds) divide that up into 7 possible sub categories? Then place the corresponding band with their labled genere? or do you think when you say rock they think about one band that most people consider rock? I guess in a technical way I could believe the category with in a category thing.But most of us don't narrow things down that much

you can't ask someone if they like rock and leave it at that. you have to be more specific. *most* people don't like all genres of rock, they like one or a few.

asking someone if they like "rock" is like asking if they like elvis, the beatles, queen, the sex pistols, twisted sister, nirvana, rage against the machine, creed, and puddle of mudd. (*most* teens/twenty-somethings would not agree to liking ALL of those artists, so therefore saying "i like rock" doesn't quite cut it...)

as for punk, here are the basics:

old school punk

punk (harder)

pop punk

emotional punk (emo)

Techno may have been the forefather to many of the genres out today, but to say you like TECHNO, when in actuality your listening Trance, House, Hardcore, or Drum n' Bass, shows how little you appreciate such things. All those sound way different than techno, from the variations of BPM and the type of sounds used. Each has their own sub-genre, but those are the main types of music. The only reason everything gets clumped together as Techno or Electronica is because American mainstream is just ignorant and thinks anyone who listens to such music is a raving druggie.

you can't ask someone if they like rock and leave it at that. you have to be more specific. *most* people don't like all genres of rock, they like one or a few.

asking someone if they like "rock" is like asking if they like elvis, the beatles, queen, the sex pistols, twisted sister, nirvana, rage against the machine, creed, and puddle of mudd. (*most* teens/twenty-somethings would not agree to liking ALL of those artists, so therefore saying "i like rock" doesn't quite cut it...)

as for punk, here are the basics:

old school punk

punk (harder)

pop punk

emotional punk (emo)

See maybe I'm old school?

there is rock, rap, punk, country..etc

If you listen to punk then you listen to punk....none of that pop punk ,pootie punk, sky punk, emo..thats all bullcrap. It was created by mainstream to act against popular crap. Kids wanna listen to crap that build an image about them selves..like "oooo that guy is a punk he listens to the misfits oooo" then the f*g will wear a 'fits shirt and a all against authority shirt and BANG hes a punk rocker. there is only one punk. you will NOT see a punk on MTV or MTV2 or even FUSE :mad: punk is underground..all the time there is no sub category for punk, punk is punk

i also think the same about rock...rap etc

but whatever..all i know is that there is only 1 type of punk music

haha, you must not listen to punk music then if you think there's only one kind.

yes, you will not see a lot of punk videos on mtv or any other music television channel. however, you can occasionally see POP punk and with the popularity it received within the past year with the mainstream crowd, EMOTIONAL punk...

BUT, if you consider music to be classified as rock, rap, country, classical... then punk wouldn't even be a category, it'd be considered "rock" to you... and according to a previous post by you, you don't like "rock" (although a portion of the bands you previously listed would not be considered punk)... hell, AFI isn't pop punk or emo, and they're played nowadays... bad religion used to be played a couple of years ago...

AFI was never consdiered punk to thoes that now anything...let me list some bands that are punk......TSOL, 'FITS, op ivey, against all authority, nofx, explotied, unseen, cramps, dag nasty, dead kennedys, stiches, balzac, ..do you want me to go one...yes, I listen to punk. thinking that less then jake, simple plan and other crapTY bands like that are in a punk category,,makes me sick and frankly goes against everything that punk WAS..now in all honesty punk is dying.

not many people actually listen to punk...which should tell you something.

my personal opinion. it doesn't take much talent to be able to hold a guitar and strum the strings up and down while yelling about a girl you can't get like a whiney baby.

i listen to all types of genre's of music...everything from techno (and some of the various sub-genre's), rock (new stuff, pop-rock such as linkin park, older bands like metallica/pantera, and heavier stuff like slipknot), and some hip-hop.

although i think 90% of the stuff on any radio station is crap now-a-days.

you can think that punk is "dying" because of the whole mainstream pop punk wave that hit a few years ago and is still going pretty strong. however, you can't claim that these bands aren't considered punk.

sure, a lot of punk bands these days don't fit into the original definition of what punk was. but in case you haven't noticed, it's 2004, and every genre of music includes many different sounds, and whether you like pop punk or emo or whatever, they'll still be classified under the punk category.

you can claim that all rap sounds the same, that all pop sounds the same, etc etc, but saying that is merely showing ignorance. just because you may not like those genres of music does not mean that you can claim them to all sound the same. but then, like i said previously, you cannot claim that there are no "sub-categories", when if that were true, you wouldn't listen to "punk", you'd listen to "rock".

not many people actually listen to punk...which should tell you something.

my personal opinion. it doesn't take much talent to be able to hold a guitar and strum the strings up and down while yelling about a girl you can't get like a whiney baby.

20th-Century music

* Ambient/Digital music

* Ancient music

* Band music (including marching bands)

* Barbershop music

* Baroque music

* Bluegrass

* Blues

* Chamber music

* Children's Music

* Choral music

* Country music

* Dance music

* Early music

* Electronic music

* Ethnic and national music

* Film Music

* Flamenco

* Folk music

* Improvisation

* Jazz

* Opera, Opera Companies, and Musical Theatre

* Orchestral music

* Ragtime

* Rap/Hip hop

* Reggae/Ska

* Religious music

* Rock/Pop/Alternative, etc. and Music Charts

* Seasonal and Wedding music

* Tango

* Women composers and women's music

Thats a few of the genres I have found...a FEW! so your telling me this is logical? This is just being overly technical! Its f*cking pointless! There are 1000s of generes then if you wanna believe this crap...

Optional: What are you f*cking retarded? How much talent do you think it takes to push some buttons on a computer to generate gay ass music....f*cking none!

Let me tell you something.....how many bands have your heard of that I listed? Probably only a few...that says something...punk is away of saying "fawk YOU" to this gay society, your f*cking mainstream bands are pathetic...just think about it. Since you probably haven't heard of thoes bands before that means they are not of the radio or your mtv..in fact they very rarely advertise..they remain in the underground..why? Cause they don't care about your f*cking money, they could give a crapless what you think about them or how talented they are..they are doing it for the ones who do care and do like their music...Do you think mainstream bands had to REALLY WORK to get where they are? mabey a handful..but the rest NO. They just cut a demo and send it into a major record label..BAM they get signed go on tv and become million aires!

So when you say punk has no talent you have no idea..Punk band really have put their hearts and souls into their music..i can think of no other type of music like this besides black metal. ALL the other bands are just in it for the cash and pootie.....so even if they were talented..they are f*cking sellouts and are worth nothing!

you can think that punk is "dying" because of the whole mainstream pop punk wave that hit a few years ago and is still going pretty strong. however, you can't claim that these bands aren't considered punk.

sure, a lot of punk bands these days don't fit into the original definition of what punk was. but in case you haven't noticed, it's 2004, and every genre of music includes many different sounds, and whether you like pop punk or emo or whatever, they'll still be classified under the punk category.

you can claim that all rap sounds the same, that all pop sounds the same, etc etc, but saying that is merely showing ignorance. just because you may not like those genres of music does not mean that you can claim them to all sound the same. but then, like i said previously, you cannot claim that there are no "sub-categories", when if that were true, you wouldn't listen to "punk", you'd listen to "rock".

Nevermind..I'm sure if you actually listened to punk, or even knew what the fawk it was you might be able to slightly understand :sad:

i'm sorry, but i just can't stand punk. to me it just screams no talent teens trying to impress girls while skating and randomly doing things on instruments and calling it music.

it takes more talent to mix a techno song or make a rap beat than it does to not even play real cords on your guitar.

it takes more talent to mix a techno song or make a rap beat than it does to not even play real cords on your guitar.

You have never even held a guitar have you?:-"

bbs: a few of thoes bands you listed kick ass...like I said to ssr check out a band called the kidney thieves ..and a song called "zero space"

awsome crap!

there are thousands of genres of music available

you can take your punker than thou attitude and throw it away, stuck, one day you'll actually be able to listen to music because you ENJOY it, not because you think you are better than people for listening to bands that are not in the mainstream... but then, take a look at the godfathers of punk music, pretty well-known mainstream bands.

for the record, a lot of the bands you listed are pretty mainstream. they may not have hit mtv or the radio waves, but they hit hot topic years ago, and that's just as bad as going to the radio for those who are so anti-radio, anti-mtv. at least the bouncing souls, with their anti-mtv campaign, had yet to hit hot topic with their merchandise (last i knew at least, which was years ago, since that store is the craptiest excuse of a "music" store)

me, i listen to everything in punk music from bands that have not been heard of by the mainstream, to bands that are radio/mtv-friendly. i could care less what other people think of what i listen to, it's what i enjoy listening to :rolleyes:

hot topic is the biggest joke...everybody that shops there are posers trying to fit into the goth scene. real metal heads > punk "rockers"

i have held a guitar, my brother plays various instruments...everything from guitar, bass, used to do drums, and now he sings in a local band. out of all rock music punk takes the least amount of talent to perform.

Archived