fav bands

stuckmofo

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Please go back to page 4 and read up on how "your" bands are "mainstream".

they are not mainstream, dumbass

thats why i asked you to explain....well I'm waiting...... you can't cause they are not.

I can debate till the f*cking cows come home..i take nothing as a personal attack, thats how i reply with swearing..thats how i am sorry i say fawk and crap....I think it is funny!

On the other hand I guess you guys take it on a personal level cause you bring up long ass posts about me...trying to conform and correct me. I like the way my life is, really!

I believe you called me dumb..or something to that extent...so this pertains to my LIFE and me being DUMB, well thats why I asked you what you do for a living..cause surley the DUMB one would not be succsseful...

I am already grown up..you are the one that spends your whole life on the f*cking internet....

Call me ignorant if you want...i guess i wouldn't care since its bliss huh?

again, go back to page 4. if you can't do that, then there really is no point in responding again.

and yeah, i spend a lot of time during the week online... that's what happens when you have a job, you do it.

any band/song that is played on a radio or has a music video is mainstream. it might not be played all the time, or it might only be played late at night when nobodies listening...but its still mainstream.

but why are you so against "mainstream" music?

any band/song that is played on a radio or has a music video is mainstream. it might not be played all the time, or it might only be played late at night when nobodies listening...but its still mainstream.

Los Angeles is the 2nd largest media market in the States, with KROQ often flirting with, or being, #1 in this market for the past decade or so. I remember young NOFX fans were upset that KROQ was playing their "Franco Unamerican" song. NOFX even has supposedly fought against playing their music on KROQ and other mainstream radio stations, but KROQ always has and always will play NOFX. KROQ had always played punk and because so, had inspired and influenced many West-coast punk bands. It's not uncommon to hear NOFX, The Misfits, Dead Kennedys, TSOL, AFI, Sex Pistols, Danzig, Pennywise, Offspring on KROQ...alongside the other not so punk alternative rock in their playlist. Many punk bands perform at their Weenie Roasts and Acoustic Christmas'. They also are responsible for Inland Invasion as well as Punk Rock Prom.

Since everyone seems to think that KROQ went "mainstream" there is now another choice: Indie 103 (KDLD). Indie 103 plays 70s punk mixed in with various other forms of alt-rock that got KROQ started in the first place. They even have Steve Jones, from the Sex Pistols, running the show at mid-day.

but why are you so against "mainstream" music?

BS: good point..I don't mind the radio playing crap..just when kids jump on a train just to be stereotyped on purpose..know what i mean??

anyway...mainstream...its not that I totally against it...just so many bands..or singers really have no talent...a band comes up...record companies santch em up because they know what generes are hot..so that band will make them alot of cash...they don't give a fawk about the music....then the band creates an image for themsleves and get obssedsed over that..its just...fake

Some bands/singers don't really even sing at their concerts...which people have paid money to see! Also some of them don't even write their own songs..remember a band like this back in the day, and when people found out this band went under? Well if that band was alive to day..they would do f*cking great!

there are tons of artists out there who don't write their own lyrics, music, etc. same with lip-synching at performances...

i can't agree with not writing his/her/their own songs, because there are a lot of great songwriters out there who would probably be horrible performers... or just don't choose to be performers.

the lip-synching thing is ridiculous though. i remember when the whole milli vanilli thing went down, but then look at britney spears... hmm...

Archived