locked my keys in a 90 civic hatchback

kuczwara

lol.. i wonder if it's a scam to get an extra $5 out of everyone

Naa..the dumbasses didn't listen to me when I told them my alarm locked the doors itself and they put my keys on my dash...and well the alarm locked the doors....Came to me asking me for my spare key and I didn't have it with me..So they charged me $5. I refused to pay it but they wouldn't give me my car keys..so I said what the hell $5 bucks and another spare key. Needless to say..never took it back to that dealer.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

i did that once when i was installing some speakers. i lock my door and my keys were inside. and worst of all is my loud ass radio wuz on too. if u have the back windows open there is a clip or have circle between the washer and the knob to open the window. get a flat scwer drive and try to push it out. when u do the knob to the window will detach. now u have a bigger opening into the car. if u have a little brother or sister they could climb in. if u dont u could use a hanger or poll to open the door!!!!!

wait wait wait...the key for a 92 prelude worked on a 88 crx??? this raises two flags. 1. is that how some butthead opened up my car at school (didn't take anything...caught him just in time) 2. will it work on the trunk, cause if so i'm gonna play some tricks on a few friends. lol

• 1 month later...

if the window is slightly open, you can just push down on it, and it'll go down for you. my bro used to have a 90 hatch si, and i've got a 90 rex.

anyway, all honda keys will fit in the keyholes and ignitions, but only the key for that car will operate them. i don't know how some kid used a prelude key to unlock a civic, that's a little questionable.

also, while i still don't see the key unlocking the door, i really don't see it unlocking the trunk. my second key for the sol won't even lock or unlock the trunk for the car, or the compartments inside the car.

• 1 month later...

At the mall last week, an older lady faced the same predicament. As I was walking by, she asked if I could do anything to help. While she was walking over to talk to mall security, I smashed her window in with the Stanley Fiberglass Hammer I just bought (wonderful hammer BTW). I fled after that because, me being the humble type, I get uncomfortable receiving a lot of praise and thank yous. I could hear the lady behind me screaming at me, over and over, "thank you, thank you" (or something to that manner) as I ran through the parking lot, weaving in and out of rows. Soon, the mall security guard joined in her efforts to thank you, but luckily, I was able to avoid his adulation by speeding away in my trusty Civic. Another reason that I love Hondas. :heart::)

Get the VIN number form the VIN palte on your dash and go to the dealership. They should ask for your id, then cut you a new key ofr free or a mall cost, just depends on the dealership.

Archived