Buying an S2K

Use2Boost

Hey everyone, Im currently driving around in my 02 VW GTI 1.8T, although it has a chip, boost controller, downpipe, diverter valve, bla bla, its just no fun to drive. My friend just got an S2K and I took it for the ride and all I can say is im sold. Even though in 6'2 Im willing to sacrifice a bit of comfort for an awesome balanced car. My car would beat it on a straight line, but I dont really care any longer, the over all feeling of this car is amazing and Im about to call VW Credit right now to find out how much money I owe. My question is, is there much of a difference between the 2000, and 2001's? Besides the little window in the back I heard about?Oh and do all S2000's come with HID's and leather seats? TIA

Rear window is glass, interior differences such as trim, etc. All have HID, all have leather. S2000's are slow as crap so don't expect anything out of it. Road course or autocross material.

they arent fast but they arent slow. if you can drive it you beat most basic hybrids on the road.

get the car. dont let ssr talk down about the car hes the one who wanted the car so bad back in the day heh..

anyway the car isnt a drag car jus wasnt made for it. but it can hold its own with a good driver.

i recomend the s2k i still get people asking me wat kinda car it. its a nice car. just dont get caught in the snow. and make sure you get good tires. also make sure you dont spin the car out. it can get tail happy.

I'm not talking him down, only if he wants to drag race it. I still want one but I'd rather have the insurance payments for a Civic vs. a sports car right now. My parents still might buy me one sometime next year.

My GTI is going on ebay tomorrow. I dont care about drag racing, its all goooooooood. I love the car overal, even if its not all that fast. I drove SilverS2K's car and its what Im getting. Only mod for a while will be a intake, gotta hear that vtec. Is it true to take traction control off you pull the e brake up 2 clicks or something??

My GTI is going on ebay tomorrow. I dont care about drag racing, its all goooooooood. I love the car overal, even if its not all that fast. I drove SilverS2K's car and its what Im getting. Only mod for a while will be a intake, gotta hear that vtec. Is it true to take traction control off you pull the e brake up 2 clicks or something??

Is'nt that click feature for volkswagon, stupid $hit like that traction control trick is stupid , honda's s2000 got a 2.0 way or a 1.5 ( I think) LSD no need for a TCS

pontiac's have a traction control button on the center consol behind the shifter.

same with my mom's Cadillac Seville, it also turns on by itself when the road is slippery

Guys any idea on what my finance charge will be on this s2k? I got my 02 gti on my own name, and credit, i put down 5k, I belive my finance charge on it was 9%. On this s2k ill probably put down 3500. Any ideas? The S2k will total probably around $23000 with taxes and all. Thanks.

Archived