Which Head for LS Block

2000LSvtec

Oniman did all the research and built the first LS/VTEC.

Omnimans site

H-T discussion

gees man. i didnt know you jump on bandwagons like that.

anyhow, whats ur deal anyway?

you dont have an ls vtec...and youre sitting around giving advice to ppl as if you do. stop reading those superstreet magazines and thinking that " i know ls vtecs".

i speak from experience, what i had/have and what i do.

yeah.. i know what you mean.. he gose overboarded sometimes :crazy::laugh:

nice sn by the way :laugh:

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Omnimans site

H-T discussion

you dont have an ls vtec...and youre sitting around giving advice to ppl as if you do. stop reading those superstreet magazines and thinking that " i know ls vtecs".

I didn't jump on any bandwagons. It is a known fact Omniman invented LS/VTEC.

I don't get my info from magazines.

Have fun picking up the chunks of your engine when your rod goes through the block.

Omnimans site

H-T discussion

I didn't jump on any bandwagons. It is a known fact Omniman invented LS/VTEC.

I don't get my info from magazines.

Have fun picking up the chunks of your engine when your rod goes through the block.

havent blown any motors and ive had atleast 6 so far so what do u have to say about that?

Bullcrap.

from all motor to turbo..ive done it and still havent blown any motors. how can you talk when you havent even had your first motor? sorry but bolt ons dont count.

youre just sitting around dreaming about this and that and what you would like to do with your motor.

what wrong with you anyway? you didnt like me from the start and youre always trying to put me down. sorry to burst your bubble but youre words are not credible with the amounts of post you put up. its what YOU HAVE DONE AND WHAT YOU KNOW NOT WHAT YOU READ AND SIDE WITH.

btw, why dont you ask youre fav guy in the world, omniman if you can rev your car to 9000rpm with a stock valve terrain. he'll tell you the same..youll subject yourself to valve floats and even dropping a valve.

tell me this one. why did omniman use portflow parts in his head? why dont you suggest that he use the stock valve terrain?

ill be waiting for your reply.

Stock B series VTEC heads CAN handle 9,000RPM. Omniman uses aftermarket parts to get the most horsepower possible.

I know more than you just by talking to people who know what they are talking about. Experience isn't everything. I have already had over 6 engines y0, WTF are you talking about I haven't had an engine yet?

Just because I have a lot of post doesn't mean I don't know what I'm talking about.

Valve terrain, you just took away all credibility you had left.

Stock B series VTEC heads CAN handle 9,000RPM. Omniman uses aftermarket parts to get the most horsepower possible.

I know more than you just by talking to people who know what they are talking about. Experience isn't everything. I have already had over 6 engines y0, WTF are you talking about I haven't had an engine yet?

Just because I have a lot of post doesn't mean I don't know what I'm talking about.

o ok. so you say that omniman uses aftermarket parts to make more hp?? care to explain how after market retainers and springs make more hp?

maybe you can get technical with me and tell me what aftermarket valves do..or even aftermarket valve guides?

why did you attack me from the start?

experience is something you dont have..saying that you talked to this and that person doesnt mean crap.

so i guess you can be a pro engine builder by talking to this or that person?

btw, call honda up and ask them about the valve terrain. better yet ask omniman what it is. maybe he can shed a light on you.

go rev your car to 9000rpm if you say its all good. i made you an offer of buying you a chip for your ecu to take the rev limiter out so you can prove to me wrong. what happened to that deal?

Stock B series VTEC heads CAN handle 9,000RPM.  Omniman uses aftermarket parts to get the most horsepower possible.

I know more than you just by talking to people who know what they are talking about.  Experience isn't everything.  I have already had over 6 engines y0, WTF are you talking about I haven't had an engine yet?

o ok. so you say that omniman uses aftermarket parts to make more hp?? care to explain how after market retainers and springs make more hp?

maybe you can get technical with me and tell me what aftermarket valves do..or even aftermarket valve guides?

experience is something you dont have..saying that you talked to this and that person doesnt mean crap.

btw, call honda up and ask them about the valve terrain. better yet ask omniman what it is. maybe he can shed a light on you.

go rev your car to 9000rpm if you say its all good. i made you an offer of buying you a chip for your ecu to take the rev limiter out so you can prove to me wrong. what happened to that deal?

Retainers and springs don't make power, they simply allow the use of bigger lobed cams.

Aftermarket valves are stronger/lighter/flow better, etc depending on what you get.

Cause you're an idiot who says a stock 89/VTEC is reliable.

I do have experience, unless repairing cars and rebuilding engines doesn't count.

Valve train = cam(s), valves, valve springs, valve retainers, valve seals, valve guides, rockers, rocker arms, roller rockers, etc.

I can't rev my car to 9,000 RPM. An ECU chip still won't allow it to rev to 9,000.. Besides, it is a non-VTEC D series, not a VTEC B series fracktard.

Any VTEC B series can be revved to 9,000 RPM. Maybe not for long periods of time, but it can be done.

Stock B series VTEC heads CAN handle 9,000RPM.  Omniman uses aftermarket parts to get the most horsepower possible.

I know more than you just by talking to people who know what they are talking about.  Experience isn't everything.  I have already had over 6 engines y0, WTF are you talking about I haven't had an engine yet?

Retainers and springs don't make power, they simply allow the use of bigger lobed cams.

Aftermarket valves are stronger/lighter/flow better, etc depending on what you get.

Cause you're an idiot who says a stock 89/VTEC is reliable.

I do have experience, unless repairing cars and rebuilding engines doesn't count.

Valve train = cam(s), valves, valve springs, valve retainers, valve seals, valve guides, rockers, rocker arms, roller rockers, etc.

I can't rev my car to 9,000 RPM. An ECU chip still won't allow it to rev to 9,000.. Besides, it is a non-VTEC D series, not a VTEC B series fracktard.

Any VTEC B series can be revved to 9,000 RPM. Maybe not for long periods of time, but it can be done.

hahaha..seems like i got the little boy doing his homework.

nice work using the search options on the internet.

answer this one. you say that the b series can handle 9000rpm..so why doesnt honda use the GSR valves etc for the ITR? the ITR doesnt have a 9000rpm limit so the GSR parts would work right? school me please.

FYI: the ecu chip depending on which one you get off of ebay will take out your rev limiter.

and whats that?? you have a d series nonvtec.??

youre hurting yourself debating with me. :o

I don't understand your points.....

neither a GS-R or ITR make power by revving over their respective redlines. the ITR has a slightly different and stronger valve train because the ITR cams are a bit more aggressive than those of the GS-R.

just because he has a SOHC non-VTEC doesn't mean he doesn't know his stuff. thanks for playing, come again when you know what you're talking about.

I don't understand your points.....

neither a GS-R or ITR make power by revving over their respective redlines. the ITR has a slightly different and stronger valve train because the ITR cams are a bit more aggressive than those of the GS-R.

just because he has a SOHC non-VTEC doesn't mean he doesn't know his stuff. thanks for playing, come again when you know what you're talking about.

i know what im talking about. bigbird..wasnt it you that said the gsr piston can fit in the b20 block?

ssr says that the b series can rev to 9000rpm like its cool. so i want him to answer why doesnt the itr use the gsr parts..??

and who are you bigbird..ssr older brother..??

dont come trying to attack me to like ssr..ill have to school you too.

I said most of the parts change over(see: rods, rod bolts, etc.) to make it stronger.

the ITR in itself is a built up GS-R. everything was made stronger and a bit lighter for better performance. the ITR has beefier cams and pistons in it. both have been tuned from the factory and don't make power above there respective redlines.

no, I have no relationtion with SSR. school me? please, wanna run 'em? what's your setup again?

I said most of the parts change over(see: rods, rod bolts, etc.) to make it stronger.

the ITR in itself is a built up GS-R. everything was made stronger and a bit lighter for better performance. the ITR has beefier cams and pistons in it. both have been tuned from the factory and don't make power above there respective redlines.

no, I have no relationtion with SSR. school me? please, wanna run 'em? what's your setup again?

bigbird..actually its a built up b16. if you notice you can use the itr intake manifold can be used on the b16.

my beef is not with you, its with ssr. he seems to be giving people advice that can harm people motors.

if you wanted to know what i was running before i went to a stock b20 here is my setup:

benson sleeved block

9.1 je pistons

micropolished crank

crower rods

arp bolts etc

head:

full portflow head package

t3/04 turbo.

hondata for fuel management

440cc rc injectors.

theres more..

anything else?

I was referring to internals, which has been the issue. the only things different externally is the intake manifold and header

ok..but dont forget the combustion chamber.

for those who want proof of my motor, please contact importbuilders in california and ask for jerry. he is the one that built my b20 in the classifieds.

importbuilders knows and saw and have dynoed my setup.

I don't need to answer as BBS already did.

IB? IB is f*cking gay. They claim all of these awesome 250whp street motors. Omniman challanges them to a build on pump gas, and they decline and start a huge argument.

Of course a B18C IM will fit on a B16, all B series parts are interchangable.

IB? IB is f*cking gay. They claim all of these awesome 250whp street motors. Omniman challanges them to a build on pump gas, and they decline and start a huge argument.

ssr.

the b18c IM does not fit on the b16.

i wanna see you make it fit..

not all of the b series parts are interchangeable.

why do you put IB down? did they ever do anything for you? ok then.

so your not on omniman's bandwagon? so far it seems like omni this and omni that...have you ever met the guy?

dont praise him like a GOD..the guy doesnt even know you exist!!

ssr ..you can call me an idiot all you want but would you put money down and race me?

IB?  IB is f*cking gay.  They claim all of these awesome 250whp street motors.  Omniman challanges them to a build on pump gas, and they decline and start a huge argument.

ssr.

the b18c IM does not fit on the b16.

i wanna see you make it fit..

not all of the b series parts are interchangeable.

why do you put IB down? did they ever do anything for you? ok then.

so your not on omniman's bandwagon? so far it seems like omni this and omni that...have you ever met the guy?

dont praise him like a GOD..the guy doesnt even know you exist!!

ssr ..you can call me an idiot all you want but would you put money down and race me?

1. Yes, a B18C IM can fit onto a B16 with little modification.

2. IB is f*cking gay. They claim all of this stuff and back otu of what should be a very easy challange for them. Also, they have no videos of any of their "crate" engines on the dyno.

3. No, I just think he is an awesome builder. Omnimans bandwagon? He will love that.

4. I don't praise him like a god. Yes, he does know I xist as I talk to him on a semi regular basis.

5. Pick a road course and I will race you. Whats that? You're a pootie and only do drag racing? Sorry then.

Archived