s2k vs wrx?

TLontheDL

the S2000 is a lot smaller and lighter than the WRX.

i dont know the 1/4 mi for the s2K, but the WRX is 14.4 seconds @94.3 MPH stock. there are a lot of inexpensive upgrades for the WRX also. and the cheapest mod of all is to take off the muffler. since it's a turbo, backpressure isnt an issue. you could run a 3" dia. straight pipe on the WRX and see some nice hp gains.

specs for the S2000

Horse power=240 @ 8300

LBS. torque =153 @ 7500

0-60 MPH=5.8sec

1/4 mile time=14.2@98.1mph

Specs for the WRX

Horse power=227 @ 6000 rpm

LBS. torque =217 @ 4000 rpm

0-60 MPH=5.6sec

1/4 mile time=14.1@96mph

hope thats what you need it

so basically, stock, they're both head to head.

question for all: if we all were at an illegal street race at night...and saw an s2k vs wrx, who would you place your money on?? and yes i know "it all depends on what mods they had" but lets say we dont know...and its a surprise? its a hard decision but i'd probably place my bet on the s2k... dont ask me why... i guess its probably b/c there are more mod's available for hondas than wrx... but don't quote me on that

I just edited I meant to write 0-60MPH

Oh and by the way I will put my money on the WRX (all Wheel drive)because he has fewer chances of loosing traction at the take off, and as far as bolt-ons they both have about the same the WRX all it needs is an upgraded intercooler. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Ok boys, I know this is a Honda forum and you guys are all for the Hondas but let me lay it down for ya. My friend has an S2000, with a Mugen exhaust and an injen intake. I currently have on my WRX an uppipe and a boost contoller. We raced from a roll on the highway doing about 60. Lets just say I got him by about a car length. From a dead dig I would have stomped him bad. My 1/4 mile times are in the 13's. My best being a 13.5. Oh and the WRX is a more upgradeable car than the S2000 for this one reason, it's a turbo vehicle. A boost controller gives you 15hp for every 1psi you bump it up. I won't argue on one aspect though, the S2000 is a sexy ride. :wub:

ok...here's where my money's going:

street: the s2k would kill (more than likely in my opinion.)

looks: s2k...much better lookin, especially with a body kit

road course: wrx...all wheel drive, better traction for the turns. although it would be very close

rally: omfg...of course the wrx would kill

show car: s2k, i love s2k show cars

thats just my 10 cents (my 2 cents is free)

I won't argue with the fact the S2000 is a sexy car. It is, I want one, bad, but against the WRX stock they hang close. Within a tenth of a second of one another on the strip. After they are modded though, game over. WRX ownz the s2000 after about 500 dollars worth of mods. I just kill my friend from a dead dig, we raced today by the way. You just can't beat a 5 grand AWD launch.....

This is getting totally of topic but I got ya beat. :D The world's fastest WRX belongs to a shop called ESX. They were in the latest issue of Turbo magazine, the Scoobie ran a 10.45 with no nitrous. They tried to run it again with the juice but the axels both broke simultaneously, sucks bad but they were shooting for the nines with the nitrous. I'll post the article on here when I find it online, I got the mag right here but that doesn't help......

damn!!! 10.45 :o thats tight. but the fastest 3kgt's pull nines sprayin. i just used matt monetts stealth as a reference cause i have the webpage memorized. lol

wrx = 8)

3000gt vr4 = :rockon:

what about a wrx vs. a lancer? both pretty much equal right? i'm gonna have to say the wrx would probably kill (more aftermarket tunability), but the lancer would be a tight ride (lancer 5 that is...i don't like the new ones).

The WRX versus the Lancer overseas is a close, close battle. The STi WRX tends to be the better speed car in a straight line but the Lancer has a better suspension and active differentials which help it pull out of the turns with more power. Both cars are amazing to drive I have heard. The comparison over here though to the WRX and the Lancer is weak. The WRX kills it. The current Lancer is only FF and no turbo. Slow, very slow. Next year though Mitsu is bringing the real Lancer over here. In short, may the rally wars begin.............

• 2 weeks later...

my boys got a black wrx , hes got HKS full titanium exhaust, HKS titanium mid pipe , aem cold air intake, and a hks BVO and ill tell u this much, a s2000 with similar mods wont touch it in the mid or lower end, but top end the WRX is sluggish due to its AWD the arguement is whos faster? plane and simple a WRX will be superior on mid and low end, s2000 will be superior on top end, unless if its a STI wich...comes with variable valve timing heads and alot much more other goodies but .... we all know we dont have that in the state side( did you know the TYPE R does a 0-60 faster then the WRX , and runs a faster 1/4 mile time?

Archived