parking light help

OTiS

previous owner replaced the parking/turn signal light socket with one that didnt fit in the houseing. i had a spare socket that did fit and wired it up but now my parking lights dont work. the fuse diagram dosent have anything about a turn signal fuse or parking light fuse. does anyone know which fuse it is or what i could have done wrong?

there were three wires. red, black and green. if im right red and black should be parking lights and the green is turn signal.

check your flasher relay, could be stuck in off.

as far as wiring, I think your right on the colors. any chance the signal filament is burnt out?

both turn signals work. but the parking lights arent coming on. the parking lights worked before i did this but idk what went wrong to make them not work. as far as i know none of the wires were exposed and touched each other. wrapped them in heat shrink tubing.

would the flasher relay make the parking lights not work? and where is that located at?

• 2 months later...

dont mean to bring it back from the dead but you guys never put down if u figured what happen to the parking lights,,,,,,

i have the same problem, and i was searching on how to fix it and i ended up here on site post,

so please my driver side parking lights dont come on when i turn it 1 click

i did get my turn signals working. guess my bulb burned out.

another question so i dont make a new thread. i just installed edm sidemarkers. the harness comes with a two wire connector. is there a way to add a third wire so the sidemarkers do the same thing as the parking lights? meaning have them on as parking lights, and stay on while blinking for turn signals?

You would need 2 filament(sp?) Bulbs...

i have two filament bulbs in the sockets. but i think id need a third wire to cut into all three on the parking/blinker lights.

your stock turn signals should have 3 wires and your 2 filliment bulbs should have 3 wires, a turn power, constant power, and ground.

im talkin about the edm fender sidemarkers. i have duel filament bulbs in those. and the socket has two wires that you splice into the parking/turnsignal lights connected to the headlights. is there any way to make the fender sidemarkers 3 wires so i can have them do the samne as the front turnsignal/parking lights?

sorry for the confusion

no, we are still confused.

so the side marker bulb is 2 filament but the socket/wiring is for single filament... to get them to work like the corner lights you will have to replace that socket with a 3 wire (turn power, running power, and ground) so that it has a filament dedicated to each operation of the bulb.

no, we are still confused.

so the side marker bulb is 2 filament but the socket/wiring is for single filament... to get them to work like the corner lights you will have to replace that socket with a 3 wire (turn power, running power, and ground) so that it has a filament dedicated to each operation of the bulb.

thats what i want to do. but i dont know how to make a two wire socket into a three wire socket. i wouldent even know where to google it.

It would be hell, id go to autozone and get some 3 wire sockets and retrofit them into the housings.

autozone didnt have them. but he did say i could take and add a third wire to the connecter and quick clip it to the third wire and itd work. would it?

You're talking about some massive ghetto-rigging, and i've done my fair share of that, technically it would work, try the shack or advanced up near Yokohama Otis for the retro-fit way first

Archived