Loss of throttle

I did a simple swap. A D15B vtec in a CRX. Come to find out the ECU that I got from an idiot was a PO6 not a P28. Can this kill my throttle response?

Also I want to start tuning my own car. Can anyone tell me where to get the program and a place to teach myself? Thanks.

I did a simple swap. A D15B vtec in a CRX. Come to find out the ECU that I got from an idiot was a PO6 not a P28. Can this kill my throttle response?

Also I want to start tuning my own car. Can anyone tell me where to get the program and a place to teach myself? Thanks.

if youre just using a stock engine just use a stock base map, they can be found all over google.. as for the program im unsure but my neighbor knows how to do quick basemap tunes.. ill ask him when he gets home for what program he uses

D15b7 uses a p06 ecu.... you need a bunch to tune... and that motor wont tune very well if stock...

D15B7 isnt vtec.. im thinking he has a ZC

someone tuning at their house will NEVER be as good as a professional

and i'm going to assume since you didnt check the ecu before buying it you don't know much.. and you asked if the wrong ecu will hurt the car.. i wouldnt try tuning it yourself.. it'll run like ass and be a waste of time

he doesnt have a zc otherwise he'd have a soch non vtec 1.6, sohc vtec 1.6, or a dohc

anywhoo he could have a d15b if he swapped it.. which he said he did a swap

wiki says he needs a:

ECU : P08 or P2J

or p28 as you thought

to answer question:

yes the incorrect ecu would hurt the car in many ways.. very possibly including throttle... but if you just mean 'i dont go fast enough' by throttle response you have a 1.5 liter single cam.. don't expect much?

• 1 month later...

Archived