intake question

i bought a sri form where im not sayin (ebay) and it does not clear my hood. i have a 2001 civic which if you are unfamiliar has a vertical plenum as opposed to the normal horizontal from years prior im wonderin if i got the wrong tho i made sure it fit (trim level, doors, engine size, so on) soooo wtf.

your running a d16y7, to make it fit your going to have to cut the part that mates to your TB and make it angular.

My advise, put your stock airbox back on, take the filter out, and run the SRI off the airbox.

ok. but another motive of the aftermarket intake is to bring in the air flow from a funnel or bell shape, to a more dense straight flow which helps in the atomization of gas molecules making ignition more efficient and thus gaining a more powerful combustion. or something like that lol.

Whether its a race car or dd, the purpose is to make an already efficient system slightly better. turbos if im not mistaken, also have the same concept only in a much higher fashion as its job is to add more pressure to the combustion chamber. adding pressure to atomized gas molecules make higher power gains correct.

• 1 month later...

Archived