97 delsol Engine problem need help NOOB

Demcka

Hello, i have this 97 del sol automatic transmission with 150000 miles on it, i was driving the other day and the engine just shut off, and when i tried to start nothing, i can hear the starter engaging but the motor wont turn over, even with jumper cables i get same problem, i do have a oil leaking problem but i alway check to make sure i have enough oil, i had it towed to my house, ive heard that you can check if the motor siezed without even taking it apart by just trying to turn it by the crank shaft pulley, but do both tires need to be off the ground, im a student and dont have much money to deal with it, so if the motor is a gonner i just have to get rid of this car.. please let me know what i can do or look for,

just slap it in nutrual and try to spin the crank with a wrench. with the litltle info i know about the car it seems odd to have a bad motor at 150k...

i tried to spin it last night with a socket and wrench and i couldnt, could be that i dont have enough leaverage?

Archived