My new ek 4 door

r1rider6686

So I finally got a new car last week. I havent done anything to it other than re-painting the rims that came with it. It's a 97 EK 4 door with a B16 swap in it. Its got a lot of things that I need to do but it was a very clean car for $3200. Once money is right, Im gonna start on the suspension since I hate the stance of it now and then im going to get a set of Mugen's for it. Check out the pics and let me know what you think. Im also looking for a backyard racing front bumper for it now too

IMG_0075.jpg

IMG_0076.jpg

dash.jpg

engine.jpg

IMG_0079.jpg

not bad but not a fan of the white window visors, or wheels. if the visors were black they would be ok. what ecu are you running. also drop that bitch. there is also alot of wiring that you can take out or hide

Thnx im thinking about doing a slate gray paint job on it along with buying new black visors. Im not sure what ecu it is. it came with the car. as far as dropping it goes, it has cut springs in it so the suspension is going to be the first area I hit. I was looking into some form function 2 coil overs or a set of buddy clubs. The white rims were jacked up bad so thats why i painted them. But all in all the B16 runs hard. it only has like 75k on it. Im gonna do a wire tuck once I address the engine. But like i said, suspensions gonna be first. I already have rear discs from a teggy gsr on it now. Plus i only paid $3000 for that whole set up. so I cant complain.

if its not a show car, dont do a wire tuck. it is pointless and creates problems. because if something goes bad, you have to tear it all apart. it also leaves the chance for the wires to heat each other up inside the loom leaving a dangerous potential for a fire

+1 on getting that suspension fixed asap. F&F is a great brand too, cant go wrong. and the slate grey is going to look great on that car.

if its not a show car, dont do a wire tuck. it is pointless and creates problems. because if something goes bad, you have to tear it all apart. it also leaves the chance for the wires to heat each other up inside the loom leaving a dangerous potential for a fire

+1 on getting that suspension fixed asap. F&F is a great brand too, cant go wrong. and the slate grey is going to look great on that car.

Thanks for the input. a friend of mine has buddy clubs on his 99 ek coupe and they are close but not quiet as nice.

fuuuck him tuck that crap! tuck wires and wheels

I dont want to do a full tuck. I just wanna clean up the bay a little. Its a mess right now. But ive got some plans for it so ill continue posting. I actually just got a rear lip for it thats been painted black. ill be posting new pics soon.

i am disappointed. steering wheel is on the left. it is not an ek. i was hoping to see something interesting and instead see a normal us domestic turd.

i am disappointed. steering wheel is on the left. it is not an ek. i was hoping to see something interesting and instead see a normal us domestic turd.

Actually sir, it is an EK. its a 97. Plus its got headlights, grill, front bumper and dash from a 2000 SI.

Stop being a ricer and get your crap straight before you speak again. 1997 chassis code possibilities for a sedan were ej6, ej8 or en1 depending on if you had a dx, lx, ex, vp or gx.

Stop being a ricer and get your crap straight before you speak again. 1997 chassis code possibilities for a sedan were ej6, ej8 or en1 depending on if you had a dx, lx, ex, vp or gx.

Thanks for the info, but next time u could be a little less of a douche. This is why I hated Honda forums before. People like you who would rather talk crap instead of informing. Yea, I an kinda new to the Honda scene, but you didnt need to come off as an butthead.

Nothing to do with Honda's, I'm just an ass.

By the way, now that you can correctly identify the chassis code for your car: it looks good.

I got it mostly as is. Im waiting to repaint it slate gray and got new visors on the way. I have some new wheels for it on the way. Then im gonna start working on the suspension.

I also have an 04 sedan that im about to start on. Its green and is my wifes daily so its an auto. Im thinking about throwin a d17a1 vtec head on the ls block. mostly want to stick to the rest of the car since that years engines were so slow. Prolly rims, coilovers, strut bars, LCA's, and maybe some clean body mods. any ideas?

this is the exact car. http://www.buyop.net/26976/index.htm

a j swap is delightful, but not for the feint of heart. does require a fair bit of custom work to pull it off. there are a number of how-to articles starting to turn up on the internet about how to do this. it's become much more popular in the last year since Honda Tuning did a big article on it. you can buy already made axles and wiring harnesses instead of having to make them yourself.

just make sure if you buy his motor and trans you also need his harness, ecu, immobilizer ring from the column and his key.

a j swap is delightful, but not for the feint of heart. does require a fair bit of custom work to pull it off. there are a number of how-to articles starting to turn up on the internet about how to do this. it's become much more popular in the last year since Honda Tuning did a big article on it. you can buy already made axles and wiring harnesses instead of having to make them yourself.

just make sure if you buy his motor and trans you also need his harness, ecu, immobilizer ring from the column and his key.

I think what im gonna do is buy what I can from him and then just save and finish it tax time in Feb. I know his harness, ecu and column are still good. So thats a plus. My b16a2 is quick and all but after checking out vids of j swapped civics on youtube, it looks like a lot more torque.

Archived