Clutch

HondaCivGirl

personaly if your not pushing more than 20hp over stock just stick with an oe clutch, it will last 10X longer than a "stage 1" clutch.

How so? A kevlar stage 2 clutch will last way longer than sh*tty OE. I personally have a Competition Clutch stage 2 clutch. It's real nice.

if you are stock and just want something that is more grabby for aggressive driving, an exedy stage 1 will work. they can be found on ebay for a very very good price. if you want something a bit more, then competition clutch will suffice. stage 1.

How so? A kevlar stage 2 clutch will last way longer than sh*tty OE. I personally have a Competition Clutch stage 2 clutch. It's real nice.

then you sir dont know how to shift correctly. I have had a honda OE clutch last for 5 years with very spirited driving and dragging on a motor w/ bolt ons. Hell the clutch that is on my solvic was put on it in 2002 and it still engages like its new, and it puts down 50hp over stock, which is a 50% increase over stock ratings. Then again maybe accord clutches suck donkey balls to begin with.

then you sir dont know how to shift correctly. I have had a honda OE clutch last for 5 years with very spirited driving and dragging on a motor w/ bolt ons. Hell the clutch that is on my solvic was put on it in 2002 and it still engages like its new, and it puts down 50hp over stock, which is a 50% increase over stock ratings. Then again maybe accord clutches suck donkey balls to begin with.

Actually I do and I dont see what that has to do with my statement. Kevlar is a longer lasting material than OE. That's not really an argument.

depending on the application yes, however in this application a well used OE clutch will last longer than a kevlar composite compound, mainly because the KVC degrades in moisture, and if you live in a semi humid to humid area a KVC tends to degrade on the heating and cooling cycles alot quicker. For instance, the tail rotor brake on a s-92 is a semi-organic resin coper wire faced material, much like a stock OE clutch, they stop and engage a shaft spinning at 15Krpm at 1080 shaftHP. They typicaly last 10 years. However the longest lasting material is ceramic, however its friction coeffecient is quite a bit less than the SOFC, hence why its not use in a stock clamping force clutch.

depending on the application yes, however in this application a well used OE clutch will last longer than a kevlar composite compound, mainly because the KVC degrades in moisture, and if you live in a semi humid to humid area a KVC tends to degrade on the heating and cooling cycles alot quicker. For instance, the tail rotor brake on a s-92 is a semi-organic resin coper wire faced material, much like a stock OE clutch, they stop and engage a shaft spinning at 15Krpm at 1080 shaftHP. They typicaly last 10 years. However the longest lasting material is ceramic, however its friction coeffecient is quite a bit less than the SOFC, hence why its not use in a stock clamping force clutch.

That is assuming you drive like a grandma, let's be honest here. Most of us who go for the after market are going to drive spiritedly, hence why an after market clutch will always always last longer than OE. Besides, no corrosion should really build up on the surface of a clutch if used regularly since it will be "cleaned" when used, similar to brake rotors.

That is assuming you drive like a grandma, let's be honest here. Most of us who go for the after market are going to drive spiritedly, hence why an after market clutch will always always last longer than OE. Besides, no corrosion should really build up on the surface of a clutch if used regularly since it will be "cleaned" when used, similar to brake rotors.

Honestly the best cheapest way you can go for a stage 2 is e-bay you can find good keep exedy, ACT, and Center force clutches on there.......That's just to give an answer to your question instead of getting into a fight or in between the 2 other guys....but me I would prefer a stage 2

Honestly the best cheapest way you can go for a stage 2 is e-bay you can find good keep exedy, ACT, and Center force clutches on there.......That's just to give an answer to your question instead of getting into a fight or in between the 2 other guys....but me I would prefer a stage 2

Actually the best prices are found on forums if you know where to look. That's where I found mine. Still in the plastic, the guy just never installed it. It was almost half the normal price and cheaper than ebay by a considerable amount.

Archived