Stripping aluminum rims for paint?

SpeedDemon

ok so i tried to get some work done today on the rims i just got, well it didnt work out too good. i used a polish wheel on it with polishing compound and it took the clear coat, silver coat, and whatever else was on there completely off before i could react. it went all the way down to being blueish color.

so with that said ill have to paint the rims.

so my question is...what can i use to strip the rest of the clearcoat and silver coat off so i can get these ready for paint. since they look like ass im just going to spray paint with LOTS of clear coat.

ive heard of aircraft stripper, but idk, then there is sanding....that might be what ill do.

what is everyones ideas?

aircraft stripper/ sand blast/ plastic media blast/ hand sand, so many possibilities, although id be partial to the aircraft stripper and plastic media blasting then go get em powdercoated.

show them ya man titties, you'll scare the paint straight off

..i do fit in a B....

^bahahahaha

aircraft strippers are they best.

you saw them in iron man

i did?

well im sitting here sanding them my hand right now. ill get some stripper when i get some funds.....paint stripper that is :D

here is what the polishing did. its just right there on the spoke. i didnt even notice until i stopped and turned the wheel....

000_2152.jpg

000_2153.jpg

And im so poor i tear tires off with a dremel to avoid the tire removal fee :D

000_2156.jpg

000_2157.jpg

000_2159.jpg

the words range from

"MAX WHEEL LOAD 1400LBS"

"MAX MOUNTING INFLATION 60PSI"

"30MM OFFSET"

"14 X 6 J"

"DOT-T"

"IBR TYPE 42"

"MADE IN BRAZIL"

and then on two seperate spokes it looks like it is blank, but they are stamped "24" and "27"

i still dont really know what kind of rim this is. but i need to know so i can order center caps lol

no it really wore down that much. i went over it once and boom thats what showed. i was like "OH YOU MOTHER FUUUCKER!excl.gif!excl.gif!excl.gif!excl.gif!excl.gif!excl.gif!!!"

edit:

if you are talking about the big dip and worn spot on the edge it was like that when i bought it. looked like someone took a file to it, i just didnt see it until i got home and cleaned the massive amount of brake dust and grime off of them

i am referring to the blue spots on the inner part of the spoke.

Yeah they might be out of balance. If you need to do some cosmetic repair to them, this is a pretty good guide:

http://www.audiworld...ech/ext43.shtml

its ok if they are out of balance. i am going to have tires mounted on them and have them balanced. i just skimmed through, but it looks like it would do pretty good. ill have to read more into it

Should of emailed me dumbasss!:sleep2:

i would if you were every online!!!

zomg youre alive?

no kidding where did he come from?!

its ok if they are out of balance. i am going to have tires mounted on them and have them balanced. i just skimmed through, but it looks like it would do pretty good. ill have to read more into it

i would if you were every online!!!

no kidding where did he come from?!

Your moms Vag. I would be on more if I was entertained! AMUSE ME peasant!!!:D

Your moms Vag. I would be on more if I was entertained! AMUSE ME peasant!!!:D

...jklakljLKJSAD';IFGSRU C8VRUUYVTN8ERNP9W8ERGPIUHCVLZUHCLKSJGHFDJD!!!!!1 :MIDDLEFINGER:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

wait if youre from my moms vag, that would make us.....BROTHERS!

BROTHERS DONT SHAKE HANDS

BROTHERS GOTTA HUG!

hahahaha god you guys are homos

we're not homos

we're brothers

didnt you get the vag memo?

yeah i did get the memo. so you must be pretty sore...must of been hell with mike climbing out of you like that

You are the one with his head in his ass!!!

head_up_ass.jpg

i..wow haha

ok so the blue that i was seeing looks to be primer. when i sand it down some more...bare aluminum.

yeah i did get the memo. so you must be pretty sore...must of been hell with mike climbing out of you like that

i..wow haha

ok so the blue that i was seeing looks to be primer. when i sand it down some more...bare aluminum.

Go to walmart get this crap and a brush!!

HPIM3125.jpg

well we got the same stuff for our wood cabinets and it didnt hardly work. had to scrape it off lol. but ill get some when i get paid. im broke atm haha

Dude crap is cheap, and works awesome!! Let sit for 15 min then pressure wash off!

after 15 min

HPIM3054.jpg

After pressure washing!

HPIM3055.jpg

Archived