I quit dominos!

Humphries

And im sooooo happy about it

For the last few months, ive been dreading ever going to work there. Tonight pissed me off more than ever.. So I decided id just quit... I have two other jobs that pay more by far. Sick of everything about it. I don't miss it. That is all.

yeah i delivered for domahoes for a while, mind you I was making 2.50 an hour, decent mileage tho, but the tips sucked (average of a $2 tip each delivery) finaly said fk this and went accross the street and delivered for pizza slut for 6.50 an hour, 1.50 per delivery, and the tips were around $5-7, and usualy delivered 2X the pizzas a night. Mind you this is when i lived in bum fk west virginia tho.

need any help lemme know. worked as an A&P for keystone (sikorsky s-92 modification), dassault falcon, and sheet metal for sino sweriggen and lockheed, as well as was a airframmer (structures, hydraulics, flight controls, landing gear) in the navy for 4 years.

my dad has hired me part time at fulton county airport in atlanta. 20/hr 3.5 hrs a day after i get off daytime job. in 18 months when i get my A&P he said i can be hired by him for 18/hr full time.

he's got 40 years aircraft experience. but if i need anything i'll be sure to let you know.

well not really velo, thing you gotta remember is he has job security, usually when you work for the major players (sikorsky, bell, lockheed, etc) you only have the position for 6mo-2 or 3 years unless its a major fabrication project (new airframes), if your doing modifications or repairs usually they cycle employees based on the time frame of the job. About the only exception to that rule is boeing, but all of their fab work is factory based, and A&Ps usually are not hired for that work since they are "over qualified". With municipal airports they tend to have a wide array of serviceable tenant aircraft as well as the occasional transient repair, and odds are he is going to know 3/4 of the tenant aircraft's owners by the end of the first year, and he will be doing their FAA inspects. A word of advice if you are going to be working there for a while (5+ years) is to get your pilots license so you can go on check rides with the owners to trouble shoot in flight gripes that you can not reproduce on the ground, odds are you will get a pretty hefty pay bump (the pay difference for flying A&Ps and ground A&Ps at a few of the spots i worked was 10-15 an hour.)

well not really velo, thing you gotta remember is he has job security, usually when you work for the major players (sikorsky, bell, lockheed, etc) you only have the position for 6mo-2 or 3 years unless its a major fabrication project (new airframes), if your doing modifications or repairs usually they cycle employees based on the time frame of the job. About the only exception to that rule is boeing, but all of their fab work is factory based, and A&Ps usually are not hired for that work since they are "over qualified". With municipal airports they tend to have a wide array of serviceable tenant aircraft as well as the occasional transient repair, and odds are he is going to know 3/4 of the tenant aircraft's owners by the end of the first year, and he will be doing their FAA inspects. A word of advice if you are going to be working there for a while (5+ years) is to get your pilots license so you can go on check rides with the owners to trouble shoot in flight gripes that you can not reproduce on the ground, odds are you will get a pretty hefty pay bump (the pay difference for flying A&Ps and ground A&Ps at a few of the spots i worked was 10-15 an hour.)

lol I was just playin. I was bored this morning. I was almost A&P certified. Well sorta, I planned on studying and testing for it. I practically have the Propulsion part in the bag from my military stuff.

18 as mechanic. with no experience other than 13 years of working at my dad's hangar.

Right now, i'm working at the old Bellsouth building. Working on a 1996 gulfstream G5. Resealing the body for repaint. the A&P certified guy who works for me makes 50/hr.

gulfstream = $$$$, yeah you should be making bank if your mainly doing gulf stream maint. Beware of their service manuals tho, alot of them say "Take a picture to aid in reassembly, base torque values from removal". Always hated that. If you ever get a chance to work on a SSj30 tho be warned that EVERY rivet, structural or skins is a wet fastner, hell even the hiloks were, ever buck a wet titanium rivet? it sucks! and that 38 was when i was working for sino sweriggen as a sheet metal fabricator on the forward section (raw assembly of all forward structures, that was a asston of raw stock to bend!) But all in all, if you dont mind jacking your back every day, filling out paperwork for 4+ hours on 1 hour worth of work, its worth it, I know i miss parts of it, but I just burnt out from doing the contractor shuffle every 6 months to a year.

lol.. after i quit last saturday, all the other managers and the recently promoted general manager have quit all because i dont work there anymore. they said i was the reason the place did well in the first place.

lol. POS dominos.

and yeah, im not a&p certified, mostly i am just a mechanic's helper. not much full experience, but im learning and i love it.

it's garlic oil butter. it stays at room temperature. it is pretty much just the same "non trans-fat" butter oil we use in the first place but has breadstick seasoning in it all mixed up.

you put it on after the pizza is out of the oven. it goes on like a very nasty paste. then melts into a disgusting butter crap frack all over the pizza.

the cheese smells like crap when it's uncooked.

i've worked in about 9 domino's pizza stores picking up shifts any time i was needed or needed more hours. they all disregard most expiration dates. the no-wait ready-to-go pizzas are disgusting.

thats not all, but i dont want to talk about how i wasted 4 years of my life.

it's garlic oil butter. it stays at room temperature. it is pretty much just the same "non trans-fat" butter oil we use in the first place but has breadstick seasoning in it all mixed up.

you put it on after the pizza is out of the oven. it goes on like a very nasty paste. then melts into a disgusting butter crap frack all over the pizza.

the cheese smells like crap when it's uncooked.

i've worked in about 9 domino's pizza stores picking up shifts any time i was needed or needed more hours. they all disregard most expiration dates. the no-wait ready-to-go pizzas are disgusting.

thats not all, but i dont want to talk about how i wasted 4 years of my life.

Nothing you can say will change how delicious their pizza is. I've seen "Waiting" a bunch of times and i bussed tables for 6 months so I know what goes on. Dominos = pizza goodness.

Archived