This is why you dont go buy/trade parts when you are in a rush

SpeedDemon

ok so we went and got that valve cover the other day. i traded a b16 4-1 header for it(it was smashed and the welds were busted in several spots). he threw in $15 cash with the cover. well we get out there and we were in a rush because we met him at his work(he works at auto zone) and we had to get back home. well we get there, trade and leave. about 10 miles down the road i flipped the valve cover over and notice that there is paint inside it. so i call him and ask why and he says that the kid before him painted the inside. then its hits me....there isnt a damn shield on the inside! the rivets had been cut/ripped out! never have got another answer from the guy.

so i have to ask, is that shield absolutely necessary? i know it deals with vaccum/crank pressure but other than that i am not sure and cant seem to find any pictures.

000_1980.jpg

yeah pretty much. i hate buying things when im in a hurry. we had to sit and wait on the guy for 15 minutes before he would even come out of the back.

o well he gave me that and $15 for a useless b series header

ill just take it as a lesson learned. but im tired of dealing with buying parts for this car anymore. i bought this and it was junk. i bought a lip the day after(tuesday) and when i get there it was not in perfect condition. so yeah im probably just going to go to harbor freight and buy a nice mig welder and weld the quarter panels on my own.

anyways here is what was suppsoed to come with the valve cover. im just gonna keep calling the guy and texting him until he answeres.

P3030101.jpg

it was nearby and cheap. he said it was perfect condition but when i get there it was still on a bumper that had met a deer and there was 3 holes ripped. so i got it for more or less ashtray change. i can just use gromets and such and it will be fine. all i know is that im about done with craigslist. its getting worse here in ohio. nearly everything ive went to look at is junk or a waste.

finally got the guy to respond to me about the valve cover. he is playing dumb like he didnt know

well ive ran into the occasion of needing a welding too many times to not have one. we have a stick welder but it burns too hot. so im gonna invest in a cheap mig.

the lip is bound to get scratched up and beat up anyways, so i didnt want to spend more than $40

Lesson learned here is that buying used parts from unknown people is a pita.

If you need a valve cover that doesn't suck balls I might have one that you can get in exchange for buying me lunch. pm me, i will driving all the way down to amanda tomorrow and that is at least half way to you.

i work all day tomorrow so thats probably a no go.

i will be going to import faceoff on the 29th so i could stop by on my way back or something. that or ill dedicate a day just to driving up and meeting your ass for lunch haha

but yeah im done with CL. its just too unreliable. idk what im going to do about getting a new car in the future

• 1 month later...

Sorry to hear about the valve cover.

...anyways here is what was suppsoed to come with the valve cover. im just gonna keep calling the guy and texting him until he answeres...

...finally got the guy to respond to me about the valve cover. he is playing dumb like he didnt know...

I don't want to see you get in trouble. You need to leave him alone, he can call the police and turn over your texts as evidence of stalking, depending on the number and frequency of the texts. You can get into some big trouble for this. Depending on the language of the texts, you could be charged with aggravated stalking.

I heard someone in the NFL just got charged with this and I thought it was BS so I looked it up and found the statutes in my state, look into the laws in your state for more info.

Sorry to hear about the valve cover.

I don't want to see you get in trouble. You need to leave him alone, he can call the police and turn over your texts as evidence of stalking, depending on the number and frequency of the texts. You can get into some big trouble for this. Depending on the language of the texts, you could be charged with aggravated stalking.

I heard someone in the NFL just got charged with this and I thought it was BS so I looked it up and found the statutes in my state, look into the laws in your state for more info.

i texted him about once every two hours. just asking him when he was going to answer so i could get my money back for him giving me a junk part.

Kind of sad how horrible people have become just to get something from someone.

yeah man its bs around here. thats like those rims i just bought. guy said no curb rash and no bends. well it did have curb rash when i got it home and got the gunk cleaned off of them. and one rim is bent. im fed up with this. i cant afford to buy things off the shelf so im just going to stop buying sh1t

Archived