92 Si hatch brake problems

SpeedDemon

to help your search, ex civic eg's had the same prop as his si. the brake systems were identical and quite possibly lx's were too. but right now I can't remember if the lx''s came with rear discs or not.... bah, damn headache....

im pretty sure the integra one will work just fine.

just pay shipping plus like $5 and its yours.

ok cool find me a price and let me know.

dave has much yet to learn. He keeps spending ridiculous amounts of money buying new parts for his 15 year old car. I told him weeks ago to grab a used prop valve from a salvage yard, ebay or one of the guys on here. I guessed it was going to run him the same at two trips to chipotle and I was pretty close.

i like knowing that my parts are brand new :D

lol o well, live and learn.

i havent paid the dealer yet :p

i didnt find one today, they were all different which kinda got me confused.

ill keep looking though.

ok thats cool. ill try and get a pic up of what shape and specs on it. the numbers have to match on the valve

to help your search, ex civic eg's had the same prop as his si. the brake systems were identical and quite possibly lx's were too. but right now I can't remember if the lx''s came with rear discs or not.... bah, damn headache....

well thats the thing, each chassis is different. and each chassis is kind of matched to that chassis.

ill get a pic up in a bit

each chassis is the same. all civics with 4 wheel disc have the same prop valve, some years the even ones with rear drums still used the same prop valve as four wheel discs. For all practical purposes under the hood all 90's d series civics were the same aside from engine power output.

you don't have a new car, so all of your parts are already used, what the hell is the difference besides wasting money that you don't make?

each chassis is the same. all civics with 4 wheel disc have the same prop valve, some years the even ones with rear drums still used the same prop valve as four wheel discs. For all practical purposes under the hood all 90's d series civics were the same aside from engine power output.

you don't have a new car, so all of your parts are already used, what the hell is the difference besides wasting money that you don't make?

if i dont make money then how do you think im paying for all this. and as far as im concerned they prop valves are not the same. and the dealer will stand and say the same thing. the part numbers are not the same, the proportion numbers are not the same. the tech at the dealer said that each vavle is based on that vehicles weight and whether it uses rear disc/drum brakes.

BS, hatchback, sedan, coupe and del sol were within 200 pounds of each other. the brakes are functionally the same.

you have been complaining about spending money on parts to fix this, that tells me menards doesn't pay you enough.:crazy:

the dealer told us no. because any proportion that isnt right can cause the rear wheels to lock up from too much pressure. idk this is just what they told us.

i dont mind spending money on my car, i would jsut rather be spending it on something else...say tokico blues and megan racing coilovers. and a full es kit. stuff like that

i make 11.25 an hour. but i just have to get enough hours to make money. sometimes we dont make payroll so i get sent home halfway though a 10 hour shft

megan - barf

worthless post.

anywho, the prop valves arent the same on the sedans and hatchs. the sedans that i saw that had rear discs were not 40/40, more like 60/30 i believe.

and there was only one sedan that didnt have abs, but did have rear discs. i didnt wanna pull it for nothing, so i just left it.

if the ones from the sedan will work then i can get it today. just find out for sure, and let me know.

the dealer told us no. because any proportion that isnt right can cause the rear wheels to lock up from too much pressure. idk this is just what they told us.

i dont mind spending money on my car, i would jsut rather be spending it on something else...say tokico blues and megan racing coilovers. and a full es kit. stuff like that

i make 11.25 an hour. but i just have to get enough hours to make money. sometimes we dont make payroll so i get sent home halfway though a 10 hour shft

Dude your lucky I make minim wage witch is 8.25 here in illinois sux sometimes I get over time and sometimes I don't on 8 hour maybe 9 hour days so rejoice for those 11 bucks I do landscaping try that for a week and let me know how you do rain or shine I'm out there and tomorrow is soppos to be 98 degrees out :( On another note sell the car man or part it out save up get something were you spend money on the things you want for your car not for the things you have to spend on it just my thought.

Dude your lucky I make minim wage witch is 8.25 here in illinois sux sometimes I get over time and sometimes I don't on 8 hour maybe 9 hour days so rejoice for those 11 bucks I do landscaping try that for a week and let me know how you do rain or shine I'm out there and tomorrow is soppos to be 98 degrees out :( On another note sell the car man or part it out save up get something were you spend money on the things you want for your car not for the things you have to spend on it just my thought.

yeah ive done landscaping. my hat goes off to you, its rough work. especially when trying to do mulch in the rain. sh1t gets heavy.

i kinda want to sell the car, but i kinda dont. if i do sell it im going to wait until i get all of the body work fixed first. and when i sell it i really dont know what i want. any v8 is out of the question. dont have the constant income to keep gas in it.

i dont want to part it out. nobody is really buying anything atm around here and if they are they want to "bargain" with you....like $100 for a motor and head. fk that man. i may rebuild it and find someone that wants a nice gas saver and sell it for twice the blue book value :D...or this one guy tha tkeeps offering $5...

the only real mechanical problems is low brake pedal...and its buggin me because we cant figure out what it is. if adam sends me a prop valve and it doesnt work then it will be time to look into selling.

yeah ive done landscaping. my hat goes off to you, its rough work. especially when trying to do mulch in the rain. sh1t gets heavy.

i kinda want to sell the car, but i kinda dont. if i do sell it im going to wait until i get all of the body work fixed first. and when i sell it i really dont know what i want. any v8 is out of the question. dont have the constant income to keep gas in it.

i dont want to part it out. nobody is really buying anything atm around here and if they are they want to "bargain" with you....like $100 for a motor and head. fk that man. i may rebuild it and find someone that wants a nice gas saver and sell it for twice the blue book value :D...or this one guy tha tkeeps offering $5...

the only real mechanical problems is low brake pedal...and its buggin me because we cant figure out what it is. if adam sends me a prop valve and it doesnt work then it will be time to look into selling.

Yeah sux man nothings easy.

And yeah I here ya but after all that work that you have done to it and are doing would you rly just want to get rid of that if you do do all that keep it man let it be your ultimate restoration build and than just drive and enjoy it or spend some money and make it a beastly eg :) and yes you could sell it for twice the blue book value it is an si eg those things sell like hot cakes on craigslist lol.

yeah but its salvaged and the rear bumper wont line up with the body. i think im going to shave down the spare rear bumper i have for a test fit and see if that works. the car tracks straight just looks like shat. the interior is amazing aside from door panels:dry:

i wish adam would get back on here lol. that way i would know if the prop valve would work that he found

he might have figured it out. I think he noted something about the shop helping him screwed up the bleeding and it was fine now.

ill look today when i go back down there. there was an EG sedan with rear discs, so if you want me to pull it i can.

yeah go ahead and pull it for me. ill try to get you money asap. im gonna be swamped most of theweekend with work so ill keep in touch

he might have figured it out. I think he noted something about the shop helping him screwed up the bleeding and it was fine now.

well the pedal never got any better until we bench bled the master cylinder on our own the second time here at the house(after the shop had it) it gave us more pedal, and we pressure bled each wheel and that helped a bit more. but its still not a lot of pedal to work with.

ill try the prop valve from adam. and then go from ther, because my back left wheel barely stops at all but the back right wheel keeps dragging

dude im still looking for a prop valve, sorry its taking so long. they keep moving sh1t around at the yard, so its kind of frustrating.

buuut i bought one off a crx si for my friend today, only cost 5 dollars, so if you are patient, ill find one and will just charge you for what i pay plus shipping.

Archived