#%^$@ NOW WHAT

slamtrack

First the story then the Problem.....

ok so i took some advice from here and went to a 1.6 D z6a i think cant rember exactly and its to late to go look at it (Vtec) in replacement of my 1.5 non vtec in my 95 civic DX hatchback wich i got from a place here in FL that came from a wreck ( the guy buys from either insurance auctions or regular auctions and parts the cars out . Feeling shady when i talked to the guy wich was suggested to me buy my local speed shop, i went to get the motor and tranny combo for $500 witch he claimed only had 23k on the clock i walked into a Plethora of every thing that is Honda or Acura in a small shop just out side of Palatica FL in a very unsuspecting building.

A very cheerful Britt answered the door i walked in and introduced my self we immediately hit it off (both of us carrying thick British accents ) i quickly looked around and saw nothing of interest until ... through a small doorway i ducked through and there my breath stopped .. FUK JDM good ol'e American rejects being brought back to life piece from people like him from people like US! I thought to my self omg a gem a pure fken gem he had every thing from full front clips to trannys , engines to axles, Door skinns to door panels , B series , D series, RSX motors (ya you all are gonna get me i dont know the engine numbers for the new RSX engines ) TL motors , and more trannys galore enough to keep a "learn to drive a manual school" up and running. Anxiousness to see my set up i quickly changed the conversation from MANNY UN to the matter at hand. "So wheres my girl" i asked trying to keep the drule from running down my face like a hungry vagrant staring at a 5 course dinner, "ahh mate this way shes all ready for ya" passing every kind of RSX"S , accords , integras , even a heartbreaking NSX just stetting in a corner like a scorned child just waiting to be hugged again and told that shes loved and will be fixed. Eagerly my new mate showed me my future heart to transplant , not as glamorous as i had hoped but he assured me that i only had 23k even pulling out a carfax on the car it came from ( wich sat Directly next to it ) to showing me the clock and the surrounding area to assure me that it has not be tampered with , he even showed me that the marks on the engine corresponded with the act of removing this particular engine from this car (inc vin), In other works i was convinced he was legit , but i had one last question that was poking at my mind " why so incognito" imean a place like this should be crawling with people picking and prodding every inch of his shop with a line of gasoline filled veins Gear heads like my self itching to find new parts so they can customize there ride with out the risk of effecting there only part if all goes bad. "Ebay" he replied the only reason im lettting you see this is because (Vtec) as we refer to the speed shops head Tek told me to hook you up, "usually all my business comes from the internet my wife is a Dr. and i dont need the money i do this for fun and i cant stand to see these cars go to the crusher" .... im in love.. (Meteorically) So we load her up i pay the man and off i go with in 3 hours i have the compleet car torn down axles out , engine/tranny out and just for good measure new lower balljoints in, also fuel rail swapped and intake (dident have a OBD1-2 jumper so i cant use the ECM so no vtec for the moment 95 body 96 engine and comp also previously the car was non vtec NOW on to the problem

THE PROBLEM

So the last motor mount bolt goes in and the last harness pigtail connection is snapped "SHES READY TO FIRE" exausted but adrinelin keeping me going i crank her up ... VROOMMMMM (wow that was almost to easy) so i put it in gear and off we go down the drive way, i stop put it in first easly let the clutch out and away we go. "omg THIS IS UNREAL" ... POPPPP " WTF WAS THAT with my hear sinking lower and lower i roll to a stop engine still running but going no where so i push the clutch in thinking that the gear was striped in 1st or maybe poped out of gear ... nothing , so i try second noting third and so forth . I push the clutch in and out , shes fine no looseness i put it in every gear ... just fine like a new one actually but WTF was that pop so i roll her back and clean up for the night. The only thing i did notice is that when in gear there is a small noise from underneath the car "not like a exploded clutch but a odd sound also when i put it in gear and let the clutch out and push the gass the speedo goes up as if i was moving..(wich i assume they get the speed from a tranny sensor ) wich tells me my trannys moving jsut the cars not so folks what do ya got did i pull the axles out of joint in my rush to remove them and the pop was them giving way ? or is there somthing more sinister in the works here?

as always ty for any help i receive and sry for the long ass story ya after all that work and let down i dipped into the liquor cabinet so im a bit chatty just didn't want to make it the same old "omg MY CARS BROKE FIX IT "

did you set the axles all the way?

If the speedo says your moving XX miles an hour but your wheels arent moving odds are you didnt push the axles all the way into the trans.

did you set the axles all the way?

If the speedo says your moving XX miles an hour but your wheels arent moving odds are you didnt push the axles all the way into the trans.

What ^^^ said.

AND THE WINNER IS.... AXLES... rofl thats right in my haste to get her back together to see how she ran i guess i forgot to bump the axles back in all the way. The local master Tec at my nearest honda dealership said that the center imput shaft ring (where the clutch slides on the imput shaft) he said that if that came loose as he as seen before that could caues the same issues. Luckiley on my way to pull the tranny out i noticed all the space between the axles and the tranny were WAY to far (a inch and a half ) and i was like WAITT AA DAMMMNN minute .... 5 minutes later i had the spindles off and the shafts beat in and off i went

Archived