considering a 450whp del sol

black350z

i have a 2000 v6 mustang with 102k miles and am considering trading it for a 93 del sol with a new built engine with a garrett gt40 turbo making 450whp with 2-3k miles on the new engine. so honestly would you do the trade? about two years ago i put 10k into fixing up the mustang and it really stands out but i just want something else. i also have a 350z that's blacked out that i only drive on the weekends and when its nice outside. so what kind of problems would i run into with the car and are parts cheap since it is after all a honda? is pushing 450whp on fwd going to be that big of a problem, i've only had rwd cars but i have driven my girlfriends rsx type s. everyone on the mustang forums thinks i should keep the mustang but of course they biased.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

youll run into breaking axle problems unless he actually spent the money on some damn good axles.. tire wear will be a huge issue due to no traction lol..

do you know if he actually got someone to build it right? if not you might run into the problem of blowing the engine lol

id ask for reciepts of the build

Define "stands out" with the Mustang.

'Cause as Brian said -- axles alone would turn me away from a front wheel drive vehicle with that much power. If they halfassed on something as simple as the axles I'd HATE to know what else they skimped on.

I would get every spec of information on who built the motor, what parts were used, who tuned it etc etc. You don't want to end up doing this trade and then in two weeks having your motor eat sh!t and then having it essentially be trading your mustang for a del sol shell + a headache.

Define "stands out" with the Mustang.

'Cause as Brian said -- axles alone would turn me away from a front wheel drive vehicle with that much power. If they halfassed on something as simple as the axles I'd HATE to know what else they skimped on.

im praying to god that he means its loud and fast as sh!t and not riced sleep.gif

i say pass. 450hp in an lsvtec is just going to die sooner or later. even if it was built right. keep your mustang

plus 450hp on the streets is useless. youll have too much wheel spin to be able to use it

the mustang is a v6 which is kinda of fail anyway.. and anyone who mistakes a v6 for a cobra is f'in stupid

a ls 450hp honda WILL die, not to mention the fact that i would want dyno sheet as proof

it wont take a turn, it wont launch, it will wheel hop, it will pop out of gear, it will break crap, etc

basically what everyone has been saying

and you can find parts very cheap.. which is kind of the problem

If i were you i would get a nice kinda stock del sol or civic or something and then play with the 350z

(btw my del is my DD, boyfriends DD/play car is a 350z, and then we have two mkiii supras as the new toys)

Yeah, that car is either a well tuned beast that has been put together well and would be a blast

OR,

much more likely, it's just a BEAST, would ride like a rock and be all wheel hop from the hit of the throttle in the first 3 gears.

It would certainly be interesting to drive in person, ONCE...

i say go test drive it and and run the SH!T out of it... i mean if its a fully built block it should handle it right??? HAHAHA just see what breaks and then look at the guy and say thanks but no thanks... enjoy ur problems cause im not!

i say go test drive it and and run the SH!T out of it... i mean if its a fully built block it should handle it right??? HAHAHA just see what breaks and then look at the guy and say thanks but no thanks... enjoy ur problems cause im not!

win.

I agree that car is probably going to be beast with as light as these cars are combined with front wheel drive. Ragging it out on a test drive would just be wrong though. That poor guy is probably in over his head as it is without having to throw more money into that car to fix it after an over agressive test drive. What goes around comes around.

I agree that car is probably going to be beast with as light as these cars are combined with front wheel drive. Ragging it out on a test drive would just be wrong though. That poor guy is probably in over his head as it is without having to throw more money into that car to fix it after an over agressive test drive. What goes around comes around.

I actually think all of this is really funny! I am the one with the del sol. Yes its a ls v tec. Its fully built! block guard, crank girdle and everything. Its every bit of reliable. I just got it re tuned the past weekend and made 517 at 21 lbs. All of you morons hating on my car can bring your negative comments to yourself. It has full traction bars and drag radials. It doesnt wheel hop at all. It will just spin.

And I havent texted you back because why would i wanna trade my 500hp del sol for a v6 mustang that can "hang" with a gt! please I run off on gt500s all day

Any of you have a problem with that, then bring it

I actually think all of this is really funny! I am the one with the del sol. Yes its a ls v tec. Its fully built! block guard, crank girdle and everything. Its every bit of reliable. I just got it re tuned the past weekend and made 517 at 21 lbs. All of you morons hating on my car can bring your negative comments to yourself. It has full traction bars and drag radials. It doesnt wheel hop at all. It will just spin.

And I havent texted you back because why would i wanna trade my 500hp del sol for a v6 mustang that can "hang" with a gt! please I run off on gt500s all day

and for the axel and wheel issues

it has driveshop stage 4 axels now and polished rota j mags

You can bring your v6 mustang and your 350z over here and get smoked by plenty of imports!

haha a v6 mustang that "hangs" with gt's... wtf dude seriously? and people "think" its a cobra? dude u suck at life already. And i hate to say it but if that dude would have traded you a 450hp del sol for your mustang, he woulda been dumb. Your mustang is more ricey than half the imports around here. And to everyone else saying it will blow up and die, they obviously have had bad experiences building crap themselves. Anything thats done right will last. And even if your car was a cobra, the power to weight ratio says that cobra would get the doors blown off of its rustang ass by the del sol, sorry to say.

And i do think you should go drive it, cause when you get out your gonna give your car to your grandma or your sister, cause only bitches drive v6 mustangs... And then when you get out and tell that dude no thanks, he will probably drop kick your f#cking ass back to your pussymobile.

good thing thats not in the same sentence.. otherwise i'd say they dont go

and i cant bring negative comments to myself

and how is just spinning any better? obviously its not built right or you suck at driving if it really does have traction bars and drag radials (should be slicks btw)

You can bring your v6 mustang and your 350z over here and get smoked by plenty of imports!

why are you talking like the 350z isnt an import itself?

haha a v6 mustang that "hangs" with gt's... wtf dude seriously? and people "think" its a cobra? dude u suck at life already. And i hate to say it but if that dude would have traded you a 450hp del sol for your mustang, he woulda been dumb. Your mustang is more ricey than half the imports around here. And to everyone else saying it will blow up and die, they obviously have had bad experiences building crap themselves. Anything thats done right will last. And even if your car was a cobra, the power to weight ratio says that cobra would get the doors blown off of its rustang ass by the del sol, sorry to say.

some things are just NOT meant to have a lot of power to them.. so no.. it will not last forever

power to weight... what about suspension, tuning, brakes, tires, FWD vs RWD, weight transfer, engine location, TRACTION etc you thinking its all about power to weight says a lot about you sir

and who the HELL makes 3 posts in a row!?? wtf

and dyno graphs and vids now plz.. track videos would be nice too.. probably only capable of a straight line but if you have and autocross or road course vid that'd be nice too

(now lets see what comments they make about star power hahaha, judging by the above posts it should be funny)

good thing thats not in the same sentence.. otherwise i'd say they dont go

and i cant bring negative comments to myself

and how is just spinning any better? obviously its not built right or you suck at driving if it really does have traction bars and drag radials (should be slicks btw)

why are you talking like the 350z isnt an import itself?

some things are just NOT meant to have a lot of power to them.. so no.. it will not last forever

power to weight... what about suspension, tuning, brakes, tires, FWD vs RWD, weight transfer, engine location, TRACTION etc you thinking its all about power to weight says a lot about you sir

and who the HELL makes 3 posts in a row!?? wtf

and dyno graphs and vids now plz.. track videos would be nice too.. probably only capable of a straight line but if you have and autocross or road course vid that'd be nice too

(now lets see what comments they make about star power hahaha, judging by the above posts it should be funny)

sarah ur my hero lol.

and honestly i dont figure bother arguing with these two guys which seam like they are the same person... its just another kid who thinks his car is fast and can beat anything on the road... which they shouldnt be racing there... but they will be gone as fast as they came... so long asssholes :p

lol i will bet anything they are the same person and i dont race unless i'm on a track. i might pick up a stock del sol for a daily driver in a few months but for the time being i'm keeping my car lol and videos of this car beating gt500's or it didn't happen! :p and nice to meet you delsolsweetie i'm glad not all del sol owners are idiots :) just him. and btw my fiancee' wants a car just like yours now hahaha

lol youll be getting someone to weld together the front end (eg front isnt easy).. stock front with a nice lip wouldnt be bad for her.. paint isnt too hard.. but dont let her get custom white, custom pearl, and custom pink... the back bumper doesnt match after getting hit in the back and it getting repainted

probably going to get the car stripped and painted frost white hopefully in the fall.. if i want the stars on it still i'll get vinyls or something so i can take them off if i feel like it lol

and a stock del would be a good DD.. my boyfriend likes driving mine but he doesnt much cause of the paint of course lol.. stock del sol will get you WAY better milage then that v6 mustang too... and its not such a piece of crap (i can say that cause i looked into a v6 mustang as a DD before the del)

i think they are the same guy also.. do you really deal with people like that.. horrible!!!!

and i'll side with a nissan owner over most people cause most nissan owners are pretty cool

Archived