Replacing the weenie horn

OSOLMIO

Has anyone changed out the cartoon horn on their Del Sols? I want to do this after being run off the road and into another lane by semis and 4X4's. At least I want to let them know I am there before I hit the shoulder. Looking for something loud and intimidating to get their attention.

Oh and for starters where is the horn? I have stared over and under the engine compartment and my Haynes manual is no help at all. Sure I can lay in the horn and try to locate where the sound is coming from but that did not work. Does it look like a conventional horn? Round, flat with a mounting bracket? Or is it about the size of a quarter because that is about as loud as it sounds and hidden behind the catalytic converter?

Has anyone changed out the cartoon horn on their Del Sols? I want to do this after being run off the road and into another lane by semis and 4X4's. At least I want to let them know I am there before I hit the shoulder. Looking for something loud and intimidating to get their attention.

Oh and for starters where is the horn? I have stared over and under the engine compartment and my Haynes manual is no help at all. Sure I can lay in the horn and try to locate where the sound is coming from but that did not work. Does it look like a conventional horn? Round, flat with a mounting bracket? Or is it about the size of a quarter because that is about as loud as it sounds and hidden behind the catalytic converter?

lol cartoon horn. Mine is just behind the bumper cover, in front of the radiator. They look like discs, about 3 of them.

lol cartoon horn. Mine is just behind the bumper cover, in front of the radiator. They look like discs, about 3 of them.

There are three and the horn sounds that anemic??? Thanks. I'll get out my two most effective tools a crowbar and framing hammer and get rid of them today. I could do a better job yelling out the window. You live in Arlington? I used to live on Glebe road in Arlington across the bridge from Alexandria. I went to Gunston Middle School. Those were the best years of my life.

You can buy a train horn online. That should get the job done.

I was looking in the best car parts catalog, J.C. Whitney and saw some semi horns and there is not enough room under the hood for something that long. I suppose a train horn is even bigger and I could get it chromed and mounted on the hood. Actually if I could get one to fit I would not mind a train horn. I wonder if they are legal in my state? I thought some states ban certain decibel level horns.

kragen auto parts (oreillys) sells a PA system that has all kinds of noises and you can download different sounds to it and use it as a horn LOL!

im going to do that since my intercooler for my turbo hits where the horn was..

I've seen them mounted sideways behind the bumpers

Oh that will look reeeeeal nice! After that suggestion you made me think mounting the horn on the roof along with red, yellow and green truckers running lights, running boards and diamond plate...now where do I put the confederate flag?

There are three and the horn sounds that anemic??? Thanks. I'll get out my two most effective tools a crowbar and framing hammer and get rid of them today. I could do a better job yelling out the window. You live in Arlington? I used to live on Glebe road in Arlington across the bridge from Alexandria. I went to Gunston Middle School. Those were the best years of my life.

Nah mine dont sound weak at all. Though horns can sound weak if you lay on it, but they should return to their normal sound eventually. I just moved to Arlington last week. I'm just off Glebe actually, off 26th street/Army Navy Dr. in the apartments. I like it here so far.

Oh that will look reeeeeal nice! After that suggestion you made me think mounting the horn on the roof along with red, yellow and green truckers running lights, running boards and diamond plate...now where do I put the confederate flag?

red, yellow, green.. rastafarian much?

kragen auto parts (oreillys) sells a PA system that has all kinds of noises and you can download different sounds to it and use it as a horn LOL!

im going to do that since my intercooler for my turbo hits where the horn was..

I would love that if it had a PA mike system so I could hold conversations with other drivers but fortunately for me they are illegal here. If I had a PA I would get beat down so often I would be in a permanent body cast. I can imagine what I would say.."HEY you stupid mother f-----er, Charger license number CEF-189 I see you survived your mother's abortion only to grow up as a f----ng 'tard and change lanes without signalling? Where the "F" did you get your license you piece of feces sucking ^%$^#)(%*&$...anyway you can imagine how I would practice my FREE SPEECH amendment on the roadway. No more yelling in the car and upsetting my passengers, I get to p--- off road users. I can only dream.

red, yellow, green.. rastafarian much?

Can't say why those colors come to mind so easily mon. But I had tree job. I was da door mon, da elevator man, da police mon, ya, all at one time mon! I could aress dem mon while open da door for da ladies mon and go up and down wit da ladies mon...I had tree job. Now I have no job mon,,,dem Mexicons mon dey taking all my tree job, so all I can do is smoke dem ganja all day mon until I get tree job. Maybe next week I be a doctah, a lawyah and da chief of police afta I shoot da sheriff mon. Where my Bob Marley cassette mon, you take it??? Dat okay but don' touch my Musical Youth 8 track,mon.

the horn is down on the core support infront of the AC condenser. What i ended up doing is getting the horns off an old land yacht (tbird) and using them.

Archived