My new used POS. Oh yes, a POS.

'92 Acura Legend. Body is pretty haggard, no dents..just piss poor paint.

Did come with amp, woofers (alpine, alpine headunit as well) kenwood door speakers..stereo is pretty clear. Overall I can't say it was TOO bad for 800 bucks.. Could have been worse. Gonna' wash it down and clean it up to see what it needs the most. As of now it's lacking a front left blinker and the corner lights don't work.

0b582cb8.jpg

c0f6d0d0.jpg

b77814cc.jpg

65afc058.jpg

Yea, I've got some SERIOUS work ahead of me..firstly..fixing the wiring job numbnuts who had it before me did for the stereo system and everything else. Hack job garbage. I suppose it could have been worse.. Much much worse. But it runs, the air is COOOOOOLD and it pulls pretty good to be 18 years old.. I can't complain. Dunno what kinda' rims or springs or even exhaust (if any, may just be an axleback) it has on it yet.. I do know there is "HP" centercaps on the rims ..that's about the extent of it.

'92 Acura Legend. Body is pretty haggard, no dents..just piss poor paint.

Did come with amp, woofers (alpine, alpine headunit as well) kenwood door speakers..stereo is pretty clear. Overall I can't say it was TOO bad for 800 bucks.. Could have been worse. Gonna' wash it down and clean it up to see what it needs the most. As of now it's lacking a front left blinker and the corner lights don't work.

0b582cb8.jpg

c0f6d0d0.jpg

b77814cc.jpg

65afc058.jpg

Yea, I've got some SERIOUS work ahead of me..firstly..fixing the wiring job numbnuts who had it before me did for the stereo system and everything else. Hack job garbage. I suppose it could have been worse.. Much much worse. But it runs, the air is COOOOOOLD and it pulls pretty good to be 18 years old.. I can't complain. Dunno what kinda' rims or springs or even exhaust (if any, may just be an axleback) it has on it yet.. I do know there is "HP" centercaps on the rims ..that's about the extent of it.

I think my bunny slippers just went running for cover!:laugh:

I see a challenge does not scare you. I say good for you, if you can resurrect that into something great you is da man!8)

With the exception of a horrendous front bumper, GARBAGE paintwork and a few flaws on the body, it's pretty well straight.

Seats either go, or are reupholstered..if I can find a donor car it'll make things a LOT easier. Missing some clips from the dash and whatnot, as well as the front end.. tempted to just ride without a bumper cover.

With my upcoming move I should have plenty of money after my bills are minimized and paid to get this thing going the way I want to.

Is that 4-gauge power wire I see running along the DS? :laugh:

Seriously though, should be nice once you get her sorted out, plus for $800 why the hell not? I've always had a soft spot for the Legends...

Ummmm I ran 4 gauge fo mine!:D

As I said...

Dude jheri rigged the hell otu of it. I'm afraid of what I might find

I say good for you taking on this car, nothing is more satisfying than seeing a Phoenix rise up from the ashes!8)

Any assshole can mod a perfectly stock, unmolested car!:laugh:

I spent 4 hours just putting wire back to stock on Sol #2!!:crazy:

HPIM1680.jpg

HPIM1690.jpg

HPIM1688.jpg

No idea.. Black is such a whore to keep clean. Especially in polleny, hot and nasty Florida.

I need to clean up the bay a little bit before I'm comfortable posting pictures LOL, that and the jackass before me put shocks on the hood rather than the old fashioned prop rod -- so that means one thing.

Shocks for the hood are going bad. Won't hold it open.

No idea.. Black is such a whore to keep clean. Especially in polleny, hot and nasty Florida.

I need to clean up the bay a little bit before I'm comfortable posting pictures LOL, that and the jackass before me put shocks on the hood rather than the old fashioned prop rod -- so that means one thing.

Shocks for the hood are going bad. Won't hold it open.

Got to have a before shot!:D

That'd be why I bought the old bird. Big, wide 2 door coupe that's got something similar to a JDM Integra front on it.. Not to mention some of the factory stuff still works -- like when you don't shut the door all the way the car will do it for you. Apparently when the pin on the door goes into the latch on the body there are motors attached to it that pull the door shut completely. The quarter windows even roll down LOL.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So how about a engine shot?? Are you planing on going back to black??

once you go black you dont go back laugh.gif

cant wait to see what it looks like when you get it finished ben.. you better have a walkthrough thread you nagger sleep.gif

I see potential...needs a little TLC....how many miles are on the car?

i'd estimate around 130K to 150K.. Cluster isn't original.

Motor is pretty stout, tranny acts weird.

Car has been down for a couple months now.. Started with the A/C compressor locking down..snapping the belt, I'm not driving a car without A/C in Florida again..

Parked it in the back yard, bought what I needed to fix it.. Went to start the car and now it doesn't start.

Soooo it's been down for a while now. Tempted to just sell it to a junkyard, was an epic waste of money for me.

You still got this ol hunker?

Didn't see this post but yea, it's been sitting in the backyard for a while now. I haven't invested too much time in it.

I feel kinda' guilty about it, but it just doesn't tickle my fancy anymore -- especially not with the way it started acting after sitting in the backyard for a mere two weeks.

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't see this post but yea, it's been sitting in the backyard for a while now. I haven't invested too much time in it.

I feel kinda' guilty about it, but it just doesn't tickle my fancy anymore -- especially not with the way it started acting after sitting in the backyard for a mere two weeks.

Sell it to meeeeee!

Went to try and start it for craps and giggles today -- battery is dead as hell. LOL

REALLY need to get it running at the very least before I decide if I want to abandon it or invest more time and money into it..

Archived