D16Z6 mods

trojan

hi there! i own a civic eg with a stock D16Z6. i would like to start some mods on this engine! was told that to start with its better from changing the header or intake manifold..what do u think pls? anyone can help? thanks in advance

The three first basic bolt on mods that people usually do are intake, header, and exhaust. This will probably end up costing you around a grand and maybe net you 5-10 hp.

If you want to get a noticeable difference with your money, get a turbo.

like he said, theres not much to come from i/h/e, swap it or build the piss outta it, or turbo it

cheers guys for the reply. yep they told me something for the turbo. if i leave stock pistons on turbo, is it true i can boost 5psi? what do u tell me about changing the ECU? any brands pls?

true on an older motor id run 5-7 just to be safe, but for instance on mine im running 9-12 on stock internals, but then again there is about 7k on the motor.

thinking about getting a a d16z6 and doing this and seeing how much i like it and just putting together a little kit and seeing so iam going to ask bc i dont konw anything about boost so hope you can help me out what all would i need to buy if i do this d16z6 and boost on stock internals

Stock block d16z6, freshly rebuilt with ~6k miles mated to an EX tranny

AEM Fuel Pressure regulator

Walbro fuel pump

Garrett 50trim .42/.63 t3 turbo, freshly rebuilt with ~3k miles (note the turbine size)

Earls SS oil feed line

Turbosmart 38mm Racegate external wastegate

Underground Racing cast turbo manifold

custom 3" full turbo back exhaust, 3" CARB legal cat, and dual (inline) 3" high flow Magnaflow mufflers

PLX M300 wideband as primary o2 sensor

Apexi AVCR digital boost controller

HKS SSQV BOV

Very large GodSpeed FMIC

3" oversized aluminum radiator

reinforced silicone couplers with T-clamps

MSD External ignition coil

MSD Dist cap

MSD 8mm plug wires

0/1ga main batt ground, all other grounds bumped to 4ga

Alt wire upgraded to 4ga also

ACT streetlight flywheel (11lb)

ACT heavy duty pressure plate

ACT SS street disk

not on that one, need to get a diff mani then ill reinstall the AC, either that or im going to run a side mount condenser. I still have AC on the solvic tho. and ill be keeping AC on it after it gets boosted.

not on that one, need to get a diff mani then ill reinstall the AC, either that or im going to run a side mount condenser. I still have AC on the solvic tho. and ill be keeping AC on it after it gets boosted.

stay away from side mount. they trap hot air and are sh1t. what manifold are you going to run/have now? log?

thanks for the info guys...it seems that its better to install a turbo then..how much bhp i will gain with 6 psi? and do i need to change the electronic control aswel for the turbo? they told me about hondata..any clues pls? thanks

Archived