del sol value? (new guy)

84jeepguy

Hi everyone. New to the forum...kindof new to honda. I am hoping you guys can help me with some value information. My wife inherited a 94 del sol "s" for her grandfathers estate (no kidding), 1.5L, manual, no air, no power steering. All original except for tires, battery, stereo. No crashes, dings or scratches, and just sits in our garage with 19,800 miles on it. It runs great, no problems. Frost white in color. What do you think a del sol like this is worth to the right person? Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

ok well first welcome to the forum im not sure how much it is worth but that is crazy that it has that less of miles that is cool but you should post pics of it. and just to let you know that the 2 didnt come with air or ps

ok well first welcome to the forum im not sure how much it is worth but that is crazy that it has that less of miles that is cool but you should post pics of it. and just to let you know that the 2 didnt come with air or ps

Well, I never said I knew much about these cars...which explains why I ended up here. Thanks for the quick reply. Yeah, the miles are correct, and it's all original, garage kept. If anyone else has any light to shed on this, I would love to hear. By the way, what did you mean by the "2" ? Are there different generations of these cars?

ok i meant to say s thats my bad but the 96-97 have a didnt front end than the 93-95. and they have different trim modles they have the s,si,vtec. im looking up the value for you right now and will let you know something here in a min and what is your zip code and i can tell you a little more bc its going to be different denpend on were you live

ok i meant to say s thats my bad but the 96-97 have a didnt front end than the 93-95. and they have different trim modles they have the s,si,vtec. im looking up the value for you right now and will let you know something here in a min and what is your zip code and i can tell you a little more bc its going to be different denpend on were you live

my zip is 17011. Thanks

ok so i went to KBB and they are say for excellent condition to private party you are looking at 3,220 but that is for i live and that is cali but here is the link that i got all this from

http://www.kbb.com/kbb/UsedCars/PricingReport.aspx?YearId=1993&Mileage=19800&VehicleClass=UsedCar&ManufacturerId=18&ModelId=509&PriceType=Private+Party&VehicleId=10635&SelectionHistory=10635%7c32734%7c92310%7c0%7c0%7c&Condition=Excellent&QuizConditions=

but it does have really low miles but know one really use that engine. but still no miles on the body but wish i could help more. but you can can go to www.kbb.com and try different things and good luck

Trae is slightly off. The S model did come with air as an option. Certain areas of the country you would have had to special order it without air as who would willingly buy a car without AC in FL or TX?

Your car is interesting, although not especially valuable being it is the lowest level trim.

Trae is slightly off. The S model did come with air as an option. Certain areas of the country you would have had to special order it without air as who would willingly buy a car without AC in FL or TX?

Your car is interesting, although not especially valuable being it is the lowest level trim.

Thanks guys. This is all very helpful. I wish it was worth a bit more...

If you are in no hurry, through CL I am positive you would be able to get 4k for it. KBB and NADA do not account for vehicle rarity. No dealer is going to have such a low mileage and clean vehicle in their possession so the vehicle values they report wouldn't show it.

ok so i went to KBB and they are say for excellent condition to private party you are looking at 3,220 but that is for i live and that is cali but here is the link that i got all this from

http://www.kbb.com/k...QuizConditions=

but it does have really low miles but know one really use that engine. but still no miles on the body but wish i could help more. but you can can go to www.kbb.com and try different things and good luck

Kelley Blue Book can suck my ballz! I wouldn't wipe asss with that rag when finding a value of a Honda!:laugh: I have sold a billion Hondas all for WAY above what that POS states they are worth! So please dont use that as your only measuring stick! Every time I go to sell a Honda some one will call up quoting KBB and I tell them not to even start!:laugh:

Kelley Blue Book can suck my ballz! I wouldn't wipe asss with that rag when finding a value of a Honda!:laugh: I have sold a billion Hondas all for WAY above what that POS states they are worth! So please dont use that as your only measuring stick! Every time I go to sell a Honda some one will call up quoting KBB and I tell them not to even start!:laugh:

^^ This. When it comes to Hondas (especially del sols) KBB/NADA values don't mean much at all.

Have any detailed pics of the car? I'm pretty sure you can get more than $4,000 for it, unless you're in a huge rush to sell.

Agreed never listen to KBB you can get good money for that del sol there not my style at all but when it comes to del sol and EG's (92-95 Hatches) There is a huge following so put that thing on CL and I"m sure you'll get your moneys worth specially with it being in such good condition and those miles are crazy low. post pics plz :)

for that which is mint with no miles, I'd say ask for $6k..I'd pay that. I'd pay more if it was actually a VTEC model with mileage that low but yea....

Like Pearce said KBB is BS!! Put it on CL and youll get a del sol fan who will pay top dollar for it.

Thanks guys for all the input. I will try and get some pics for you...never did that before, but there is a learning curve to everything. I'm not in a rush to sell, we have 5 cars and there is only the two of us, excluding the four legged critters. I (we) just want to make some room for a new project I want to start. The point is, she drives this car maybe 100 miles a year, and it isn't worth keeping, to us. I'm sure someone out there will give it a good home. It would make a perfect starting platform for a buildup for someone into these cars. I agree that this car should be worth more than KBB claims. Try and find one with these miles, and this condition. Thanks again for all the comments.

honestly the last sol i saw that had that kinda milage on it (and this was 3 years ago, and it too was an S) went for 8900. Trust me, you have a diamond right there, and if i had the cash, I would go pick it up tommarow (even though I just got back from a 3 day road trip from NM to pick up yet another del sol. 2 in the driveway YAY!)

honestly the last sol i saw that had that kinda milage on it (and this was 3 years ago, and it too was an S) went for 8900. Trust me, you have a diamond right there, and if i had the cash, I would go pick it up tommarow (even though I just got back from a 3 day road trip from NM to pick up yet another del sol. 2 in the driveway YAY!)

Feel free to go F-yourself!:mad:

hey, i didnt sell mine then down grade to a civic, you did. You can only blame yourself mike. you should go get the minty S and build a motor for it. I mean come on, fresh canvas, alot of time to stock pile parts for it.... you know you want to.

hey, i didnt sell mine then down grade to a civic, you did. You can only blame yourself mike. you should go get the minty S and build a motor for it. I mean come on, fresh canvas, alot of time to stock pile parts for it.... you know you want to.

I'll try and get some pics on here this weekend. This car still has the manufacturer stickers under the mirrors...we just found those.

I'll try and get some pics on here this weekend. This car still has the manufacturer stickers under the mirrors...we just found those.

Don't listen to any of these guys. That car is nothing but grief and you should just let me take that misery off your hands for a dollar.................blush.gif

Ok, I had to try. So far everyone seems to be giving you plenty of good info.

• 2 weeks later...

After a lengthy discussion with the wife, this del sol should be on craig's list soon. She's trying for $9995, but will take a bit less. Thanks for all the help! If anyone is interested, please email me.

Archived