Random Dead battery

We have a 2007 Honda Accord. This AM the battery was dead and had to be jumped. This has happened 4 or 5 times now in the last maybe 6 months.

What's odd is a dome light was on a few of the time. Not every time and it was not left on the night before. This never happen to us in any other Honda we owned but this one 4 or 5 times?

This is the first time it was dead in the morning. Most of the times it was dead while my wife was at work, so it started fine in the AM, and from work she heads to go to lunch where she fines the car battery DEAD!

Another time she loaned the car to her sister and she stopped at three places, coming out of the last stop the car battery, DEAD!

Each time spans about a month to a month and a half. The car jumps fine and works great for a month or so and DEAD again.

Anyone have any idea what could be the problem? I could replace the battery but it seems to be random things tuning on or glitching the battery from turning over the engine not really a battery problem. I have had dead battery's before and they don't charge up and last or act like this.

I should add, a few of the times the GPS/radio needed the code to be entered since it was locked but today and a few other times it didn't need a code since the battery had a little juice but not enough to turn the engine over I guess..

• 1 month later...

We have a 2007 Honda Accord. This AM the battery was dead and had to be jumped. This has happened 4 or 5 times now in the last maybe 6 months.

What's odd is a dome light was on a few of the time. Not every time and it was not left on the night before. This never happen to us in any other Honda we owned but this one 4 or 5 times?

This is the first time it was dead in the morning. Most of the times it was dead while my wife was at work, so it started fine in the AM, and from work she heads to go to lunch where she fines the car battery DEAD!

Another time she loaned the car to her sister and she stopped at three places, coming out of the last stop the car battery, DEAD!

Each time spans about a month to a month and a half. The car jumps fine and works great for a month or so and DEAD again.

Anyone have any idea what could be the problem? I could replace the battery but it seems to be random things tuning on or glitching the battery from turning over the engine not really a battery problem. I have had dead battery's before and they don't charge up and last or act like this.

I should add, a few of the times the GPS/radio needed the code to be entered since it was locked but today and a few other times it didn't need a code since the battery had a little juice but not enough to turn the engine over I guess..

When dome light stays on does your door indicator light stay on in the dash? Even though doors are indeed closed? Wife's POS Ford Toreass will kill battery if we leave bulb in dome light because one of the door sensors is bad.:dry:

it MIGHT be the alternator but it would be hard to say that really

because after you just jump the battery it wouldnt last long.. if you FULLY charged it you'd be surprised how long you can drive on just battery depending on car and the cars energy usage

MIGHT be a bad cell in the battery.. or could be corrosion on terminals.. check all that first since its easy

but im with mike.. its probably some weird thing with the dome.. you'd be surprised how quick a little power drain can affect the car.. and depending on the battery type draining it that much isnt good

• 3 weeks later...

i had a similar problem, see if my problem could fix yours.

my car, wont start, die in 2rd 3rd gear or in traffic at random, or if its hot out.

if my car didn't start it means, my batt. checked, and replace. still have same issue.

if my car died still kept a 14v charge, means alternator is working fine and batt is holding charge.

if my car sometimes starts, the starter is okay, also checked it and its fine. so must be loose power connection cable or other.

loose cable is actually tight, from batt positive to starter, connected no corrosion or acid anywhere. so possible check to other.

other: ignition, coil, bad fuel/air ratio(could make car die at random), relay, change in octane, bad plugs, distributor.

for me it wouldn't start because all of my p/s, a/c, alt belts was too tight? strange but when i changed them, never had that problem again

also my dying problem was abnormally a bad steering column that would knock my key in the off position during braking. i would consider this rare so wasn't listed above.

hope this helps.

Archived