New to the forum - Need some help!

Richie

Whats up all, my names Richie and I've been looking into getting a del sol, a lot of my friends think its a ricer car but I thought otherwise after taking a spin in one. I'm just intrested in knowing what kind of problems you've all ran into besides the problems that was stickied on top, I also came across this picture on facebook, I need a body kit ID on this del sol. I think the front looks real sick. :happy:

bodykitID.jpg

want my personal and professional opinion? Dont do a body kit. They are expensive, look gawdy, and break too damn easily. But to each his own. now as to sol issues.

pre 95 seals suck, plain and simple, they made a few changes to fix a leak problem the older seals were having. Water collects in the rear window tray, and leaks form in the sail panels. The trunks leak.... well sh!t come to think of it the whole car leaks. But if you take care of the seals you should be fine. Also the seat bolster on 95 and older seats wear out really quick, the 96+ ones have a different fabric that holds up alot better. i would say 99% of them have wrinkles on the drivers side arm rest (who uses it as an arm rest though, seriously?)

yet despite all of these little problems, i am the proud owner of my 2nd solvic, and am picking up a boosted si tommarow down in new mexico and driving it back to oregon. Ill ALWAYS own a sol, till the day I die.

actualyl come to think of it, thats not a body kit, but a front end conversion, to what im not quite sure, supra maybe?:unsure: w/e it is they did a sh!tastic job on it though :mad:

that front bumper is ugly and unless you live in Europe its very hard to get over here in the states.

I own a 95 and have the same leaks as the other sol owners have from 93-97 same spots where they leakd. hopefully fixing all that soon.,

But i personally wouldn't own a 93 94 cause i like my trunk latch and i wouldn't own a 96 97 cause of the front bumper changing look. i like the fogs and the pokemon look like i been told.

welcome to HF first i own a sol to and i have the problem with the seats but mine was like that when i got it. but as far as leak so far im good and the body on mine almost has 200,000 miles on it so yea. but i love mine. as far as a bodykiy i had a old delsol that i put a bodykit on and that was b4 i seen the light and now i hate bodykits. i think that the front of the delsol that you have a pic of is the front off a s2000

l_3b0c64e2f85693f1a2a6bca6a2b38b4d.jpg

that is my old delsol i mean i did like that but now i just like a lip and it droped to the ground but that is just me. and plus i really like going fast and i could care less about looks. but here is a pic of the s2000 which i really think that is the front in on that delsol

l_be1507095e8ba11f5a7e1f4b0ec3dddb.jpg

that front bumper is ugly and unless you live in Europe its very hard to get over here in the states.

I own a 95 and have the same leaks as the other sol owners have from 93-97 same spots where they leakd. hopefully fixing all that soon.,

But i personally wouldn't own a 93 94 cause i like my trunk latch and i wouldn't own a 96 97 cause of the front bumper changing look. i like the fogs and the pokemon look like i been told.

so why dont you like the dolphin front i think they look sick. and the 93-95 front looks like a catfish

Thanks for the welcome, I'd figure there would be some leaks since it has a targa top. The front end conversion on that does look pretty expensive, just wanted to know where it came from. I come from a Toyota family, I was hoping to end that by buying a EG or Del sol. I'm from NYC though so half the Honda's around here are beat on or have been horribly modified. I'm trying to find a car I can use for the summer and at the same time put some work into.

I like my cat fish front end thank you very much :)

alot of time and effort went into it.

As far as being expensive to do a front end conversion, it can or cant be, depending on the donor car.

for me to a a EG conversion (in order to get the car road worthy, still would have prefered a sol front end tho) cost me around 600 bucks, and all parts were BNIB. But then again, i did all of the fab work myself, so that saved me about 2K. Now all i need to do is get her in the paint booth :)

That bumper may be ugly, but it's one of about 3 that isn't completely hopeless in my book. If it actually met the hood properly it wouldn't be all bad. As for the trunk... based on the fact that the moronic PO of my car managed to add the remote trunk release to my Sol, it can't be that hard to do.

As for leaks... Oddly enough, the only leak in my car is from the bloody windshield, not the targa, go figure. But the upper weatherstripping around the windshield was missing when I bought the car, and even though I bought and installed it, it still leaks occasionally... I just need to get all the seals around the windshield replaced professionally.

The problem with the leaking seals isn't that it is hard to fix the leaks, but that the previous owners didn't fix them and it has been leaking for a long period of time. One of the reasons Del Sols have such problems with rear quarter panels rusting is that there was not enough venting in the trunk and allowed moisture build up inside the quarter panels. The leaking trunks help to accelerate the rusting problems by increasing the humidity inside.

Seat bolster wear is really a non-issue. Easy enough to install different seats or to take your old ones to an auto upholsterer.

Del Sols, like all 90's civics; they really don't have too many problems as long as the car has had the regular maintenance performed.

My brother owned an MR2. so I guess i can ask him to point me in the right direction if I purchase one and get this leak issue. That front is bothering me so much, I'm usually good at identifying body kits but this one is just leaving me confused.. I guess I can leave that for the future and work towards getting the car first. Anyone have any recommendations for tasteful modifications?

http://www.freefoto....a-S2000_web.jpg

they are the first gen s2k headlights.

Sorry, but noway are those S2000 headlights. Look at the corners. Those on the Sol conversion are very pointed, the S2000s are rounded. Beside that, the lighting elements aren't even close. It really does look like a Veilside S2000 front bumper though.

http://www.speedstash.com/kits/s2000/00S2VSFB.jpg

Archived