TIRED OF short cut builders

mykep83

First i get tired of dumb people i bought my sol for a killer deal..... well it was for the seller

-ENGINE; held to the body with zip ties apparently too cheap to buy bolts

-Headlights, wanted h.i.d. kit so the cut out the space of the old head light housings,

-Passanger Seat; metal tapping screws hey at least they put two in each hole right.

-cd player; they cut the factory harness out and hardwired their(WALMART BRAND) cd player,

-trunk; ha apparently they did not know they could take off the roof probably why they took off the mounts in the trunk and threw them in the trash

STUPID PEOPLE; STUPID BUYER

the deeper and deeper i go i have found that they took panels apart and put them back together with screws and bolts that do not match

I bought the car for it to become a track car, I am ordering a new motor for my 5th gen lude in feb and pulling the old 22 and rebuilding it to drop in the sol but i was anticipating driving the sol at least for a few months.......LOL

REMEMBER ZIP TIES HOLD THE WORLD TOGETHER

above is a list of parts i am looking for if anyone has a junked out sol that can hook it up please send me a message

its a 93 sol but it has a d16y7 motor,

- i need new light harnesses hopefully from the plug about 12"back

-roof mounts for the trunk

-passanger side seat bolts

-original cd player harness

I will post pictures tonight to show you the mayhem

At this point there are far more project Del Sols then there are complete working ones. So don't feel bad about the abused car.

Stereo harness, light harnesses and wires and seat bolts would all be the same as any model 92-95 civic. Without buying 'sol' specific parts you should be able to get these for a few bucks at your local salvage yard. Any yard with more then 20 cars should have at least a few civics sitting around.

i would not call that a "smokin" deal, id be more apt to say you got fked over bad. Didnt you LOOK at the car first? If i would have saw all of that I would have said 800 max.

If it's just going to be a Track Only car, then a lot of that stuff doesn't matter and you would have been ripping it out/replacing it anyway. So, $1200 may not have been the best deal, but if the chassis is solid and will make a good platform for your track car, then fix what must be fixed and move forward. Good luck on your track build.

If it's just going to be a Track Only car, then a lot of that stuff doesn't matter and you would have been ripping it out/replacing it anyway. So, $1200 may not have been the best deal, but if the chassis is solid and will make a good platform for your track car, then fix what must be fixed and move forward. Good luck on your track build.

my only concern would be safety.. yes a lot of it will be torn out but if the motor was ziptied in (wt!f btw?) then theres no telling if there is any frame damage or messed up supension etc

Archived