oil pans dumb right

mykep83

ok first post, i have a 93 del sol i belive that it is not the same motor that came with i have a b16y7. now i have been using shucks to order some pans for it. the pan has two different u shape bends in the pan. it seems that every new one i order is having a huge fitment issue i can get all of them in place but the bolt on the back right side(starring top down) it seems to be more than a quater inch off. any help would be awesome on this matter

um no such thing as a B16Y7, so im going to assume you mean D16Y7, which is a non-vtec SOHC, OBD2 motor that came native in Civic DX, LX, CX, and VX as well as the 1996+ del Sol S. So 1/2 of your problem is the fact that you are probably ordering a B series oil pan for a D series motor. Goto schucks, and tell them you want an oil pan for a 1998 Honda Civic DX, that will fit with no problems.

They are similar but not that same. Just do as cmgogo suggested and order engine parts for a 98 civic dx.

The engine your car would have come with stock is the d15b7. The majority of low end civics and del sols from 93-95 came with that engine. Lower model 96-00 civics and sols came with the d16y7. Someone would have swapped your motor previously.

A word of wisdom for you:

When ordering parts for your car (non motor or transmission related) order them for 1993 del Sol S 1.5 SOHC Non-Vtec.

When ordering parts for you engine order parts for a 1998 civic DX 1.6L SOHC Non-Vtec.

Archived