battery for system

kingcivic

do i need to upgrade my alternator for a system or do i need a better battery . i have a 03 civic . help plz im 17 new to the honda game

What kind of a system are we talking about?? I have no problems running a 10" sub and 4 amped 6 1\2" components in my Sol. On stock charging system :thumbsup:

i have 2 fosgate 10's and ima put a 1100 w mono amp n a 400w 4 channel u kno jus sumthing to bang and its my first system n this is my first car so im not gonna go all out .

Maybe a capacitor might be a good idea? Thinking you are pushing it a bit, but still might be ok on stock battery, and charging system

isnt cutting it for me, and dont get a cap, its just a band aid really. I had to order a HO alt for me, ended up getting a 125amp alt to replace my tiny 60amp stock alt since it was KILLING my battery. Mind you... this is on a single 755.6 amp, dual sets of 55w ballasts, a set of 35w ballasts, and a 110w inverter.

do i need to upgrade my alternator for a system or do i need a better battery . i have a 03 civic . help plz im 17 new to the honda game

An Optima Yellow Top with deep cycle is supposed to be good for high power systems. I've got one and my headlights don't dim or anything. Upgrading the dinky stock ground wires and adding a few more in the engine bay helps too.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived