right up the pooper.

Clutch kit 80 (with bearings)

Tranny rebuild kit (120)

Flywheel (50)

12 pack of your favorite beer (15)

Grand total to do it yourself

$265

80 for a clutch? wow is all i can say.

tranny rebuild kit? what in the fuk would that be? ive rebuilt 100 trannys and never heard of one.

flywheel you already have as i stated twice already in this thread.

beer , i dont drink but i understand the need for those who do , haha.

ill tell you , as a mechanic and someone who knows , if you paid 1300 bucks out the door for someone to do it all for you my man , for the average guy to walk in somewhere reputable , and buy a new clutch , bearings for the tranny , and labor to take tranny out , take it apart , fix it , put it back together and in the car out the door , you made out pretty dam good buddy.

PS , for future reference , if someone tries to sell you a new 80 dollar clutch kit , kindly tell them no thanks and laugh later , not in thier face , lol.

got a daikin set for 85 about 2 months ago for my friends rebuild :p just gotta know where to look and not come off as a smug butthead all the time (just 1/2 the time like me ;) )

Just gotta know people cranny

And trans rebuild kit (basicly new bearings and seals) goto any parts store and tell them you need a rebuild kit and they will order the parts be it in a pre packaged set up, or individually.

(edited to not come across as a smug butthead)

daikin = original honda manufacturer them and LuK for clutches.

When you goto the stealership and ask for a clutch it is STAMPED DAIKIN! the only thing different is the fking box.

(edited to be less of a douche canoe)

im not arguing, im just trying to make him realize that its all the same part, just a different name. And that the honda/daikin/exedy clutches are all made in the same factory, on the same machines.

also yes daikin OWNS exedy, just like they own NIPPON, so are you saying that NIPPON ALTERNATORS are NOT OEM equipment? oh wait.... im pretty sure they are, along with starters, etc, etc etc.

also cranny, i do know parts that are more durable, fit the same (or better), and are of better quality than stock parts

eg

my 1pc headlights that put more light on the ground and less in the air than my stockers

my suspension that handles better, and fit perfectly, and will handle more abuse than my stock suspension

my tires that grip better than the ones that came on the car, and will last a little longer

my K&N drop in filter that i will NEVER have to replace, flows better, fits in the airbox just as good

the stereo i installed that out performs the stock setup will handle more power, fit right in the spots, and will last longer since it is polykevlar cones instead of paper

etc etc etc

Granted not all (or even 10%) of parts you can buy for a car are as good as OEM specs, but... there are parts that outperform, outlast, and look better than stock parts, otherwise us modders wouldnt have anything to do, because no one would produce parts that alow us to squeeze more power out of our econobox motors, pound louder tunes, and handle spirited driving better. So you cant make sweeping generalizations like that.

Granted there are a few "performance" clutches i would rather use for skeet shooting than put anywhere near my car, and there are "value" clutches i would just asume to do the same with, but dont get caught up in names, otherwise your going to look like a mugen or spoon fanboy who make the sweeping generalization that anypart not oem mugen spoon etc should ever be installed on a honda (which is frankly retarded)

no daikin clutch you buy will be the same as what you get at honda. daikin might make them for honda , if you say so i dont know , but they manu to a spec honda wants. like bearings well say , you want a bearing for the tranny , its gonna be an NTN bearing. lets see you go to NTN and get that bearing. you wont cause they only make it for honda , and you can only buy them from honda. im sure you understand. now , im done debating the bottom of the line fracking D series clutchs , lol. jesus.

im smart humphries , genius .....i dont know , lol. thats a big claim to stake man , einstein , davinci , the guy that invented personal lubricant , now those are genious's , haha. everyone makes mistakes , its called learning.

no daikin clutch you buy will be the same as what you get at honda. daikin might make them for honda , if you say so i dont know , but they manu to a spec honda wants. like bearings well say , you want a bearing for the tranny , its gonna be an NTN bearing. lets see you go to NTN and get that bearing. you wont cause they only make it for honda , and you can only buy them from honda. im sure you understand. now , im done debating the bottom of the line fracking D series clutchs , lol. jesus.

im smart humphries , genius .....i dont know , lol. thats a big claim to stake man , einstein , davinci , the guy that invented personal lubricant , now those are genious's , haha. everyone makes mistakes , its called learning.

if cranny was a genius we would have figured a way to get 500+hp from his boosted K without catching fire lol jk

Archived