Installing a momo wheel and hub

SpeedDemon

ok guys there are only 2 pages of info on wheel installation and none of them answered my question. i want to install a momo wheel and hub on my hatch but am running into issues. so far here is what ive got

disconnect battery for 30 to avoid airbad deploy

remove plastic wheel cover

remove both side plastic covers and remove screws for airbag removal

---(whilst hiding under the steering wheel on the floorboard lol)

disconnect all wires inside wheel

remove spindle nut

now attach the momo hub

but here is my problem. i want to retain both my horn and cruise control. i have only found one tutorial and its for an itr integra

so i know i have to ground the male end on the connector plate and that i will have to jump the from the first to third pin on the srs plug so the light stays out. but how do i go about retaining cruise control? i cant seem to find out anywhere?

o and pics help bunches lol

• 2 weeks later...

gah so i tried to install the hub and wheel a bit ago and it didnt work. got the wheel off and everything but the center ring that the cruise,airbag,and horn plug into is in the way. i cant seem to figure out how to get it off. any ideas?

you know what, just because im so pissed off at this steering wheel im gonna go triple post. but anyways here is where i am stuck at.

000_1188.jpg

000_1187.jpg

i cant get the yellow and black plate off at all. cant figure it out. haynes manual doesnt say how to either. and it has to come off in order for the momo hub to fit onto the spline.

anyone know how to get it off?!

:bash: :chair: :mad: :mad: :mad: :rant: :rant: :rant:

oh btw im making a step by step tutorial with pics, so whoever helps me with this step gets their name in the tutorial :D

yeah i tried but couldnt get the plastic shields apart. took all three screws out too. what worries me is that i cant mount the hub when the yellow/black plate is there because the hub wont even reach the spline with it in the way. confuses the hell outta me. im gonna try again tomorrow morning too

yeah i tried but couldnt get the plastic shields apart. took all three screws out too. what worries me is that i cant mount the hub when the yellow/black plate is there because the hub wont even reach the spline with it in the way. confuses the hell outta me. im gonna try again tomorrow morning too

those things are a bitch to get apart. along with the screws they also clip together.

those things are a bitch to get apart. along with the screws they also clip together.

yeah its the clips i cant get out. and i would hate to break them...ill try to get it off tomorrow morning

yeah its the clips i cant get out. and i would hate to break them...ill try to get it off tomorrow morning

and click your heals together 3 times and say there's no place like home.

i'm just playing around. but yeah you have to pinch one half of the trim piece, and sorta push it down and kinda work the little tabs around. it's hard to explain but once you get it you'll be able to do it over again. its basically the same as any other plastic tab/clip, but you can't see anything.

and click your heals together 3 times and say there's no place like home.

i'm just playing around. but yeah you have to pinch one half of the trim piece, and sorta push it down and kinda work the little tabs around. it's hard to explain but once you get it you'll be able to do it over again. its basically the same as any other plastic tab/clip, but you can't see anything.

kinda like those damn insert tabs on the little skinny cover on the side? fits in a slot but has a notch on the end?

you pretty much need those sleeve thingys off and youll be able to get to that piece.. i think it has screws or bolts holding it in.. i cant really remember :crazy:

get those plastic sleeves off and take some more pictures if you cant figure it out still..

well its fine getting down to the plastic covers. the screws come out easy but its a bitch getting it apart. probably gonna attempt it in a bit with dad here so idk....still a little hung over though....

nope, haynes manual only goes to the plate. but i took everything apart and i can not do the momo wheel. the cruise,horn, and airbag are hard wired into the plate and it has to stay on or i lose all that. airbag of course. horn is a must. and CC is w/e

so im just not going to do it. so the hub and wheel is up for sale

nope, haynes manual only goes to the plate. but i took everything apart and i can not do the momo wheel. the cruise,horn, and airbag are hard wired into the plate and it has to stay on or i lose all that. airbag of course. horn is a must. and CC is w/e

so im just not going to do it. so the hub and wheel is up for sale

wire the horn with a separate relay and button. really easy to do and you can run the wires however you like

wire the horn with a separate relay and button. really easy to do and you can run the wires however you like

hard part is that it is all in one wide band strip. and its just not worth the hassle for me. ill just sell the hub and wheel and use that money towards my clutch kit

its funny cause once the plate comes off the wideband strip goes up into the steering column. so i woul dhave to cut and splice the strip to even get it to work. so ill wait and get an ITR wheel down the road, because that is all plug and play lol...and it looks better

Archived