im likin these rims ^-^

nobody

lol yeah i dont want stock height, even though its lower than most cars evenmy friends lowered teg as high as mine. i just dont want that big of a gap above teh tires.

Stock height on Sol is indeed quite horrible looking, with a 2" dropp they look like they should of came that way from the factory. I figure another 1" and going to 15's will be perfect for me, although I will be a rubbing MF'er if I am not real careful. Alot of the entrances into stores and speed bumps are NOT lowered car friendly! >_<

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

exhaust is under your car. you don't see it, just hear it. and if you drive a slammed car, then you're already aware of the changes in driving habits.

If anything having a lower vehicle makes me a better driver, cuz i take my time more.

0619090001.jpg

looks GREAT! :thumbsup:

Sorry Brian, but thats got to be the stupidest logic I have ever seen! >_< I am not spending $500+ on a exhaust just to eff it up so people can see me with tucked tires. Also I think tucked looks like ASSS! I am most likely going to go 1" lower, than the current 2" drop I have now, and go to 15" rims and call it a day. You have any idea how many times I watched and laughed my asss off at all the little ricer punks on Egay sleeves and blown struts, that scaped the hell out of themselves at my work! Not to mention how many lips I had to pick up out of our parking lots! Hell I scraped a few times at y current height, if I didn't take it at a angle! I say keep them going lower, I can use the entertainment! :laugh:

my tires arent that tucked >_<

and thats the difference between me and the ricer kids.. they have egay coils and blown struts, i have a highend durable coilover/damper kit.. and if i see big speed bumps or potholes i avoid them best i can..

hell to me its a great accomplishment to get in and out of my driveway without scraping lol

l_620a52aedbf64d9b91890c7c47afb915.jpg

looks GREAT! :thumbsup:

my tires arent that tucked >_<

and thats the difference between me and the ricer kids.. they have egay coils and blown struts, i have a highend durable coilover/damper kit.. and if i see big speed bumps or potholes i avoid them best i can..

hell to me its a great accomplishment to get in and out of my driveway without scraping lol

l_620a52aedbf64d9b91890c7c47afb915.jpg

Was not calling your Sol tucked, I like the way yours sits, I was referring to the 2 posted priviously! :thumbsup:

and if i see big speed bumps or potholes i avoid them best i can..

people with STOCK height cars should avoid sink holes and pot holes

my douche bag ex bent 2 of his STOCK rims with STOCK tires in his mustang hitting a pothole

so me having bigger rims/smaller tires really isnt a big deal to me.. i still miss the same potholes

being lower just makes it better looking and feel better when driving it.. there is such a thing as TOO low though

so everyone who is all 'i dont wanna lower my car at all cause blahblahblah roads suck' is full of crap.. they CAN say i don't want to put thinner tires on my wheels/rims.. but going 2" lower isnt going to make you put a hole in your oil pan driving down a road (and if it does you shouldn't have a license cause your doing some crazy driving) or make stock rims/tire size rub (mike already said hes on stock size stuff and 2" lower with no problems).. and it also shouldn't limit the cars driving ability

if i'm not rubbing with 17's and my car lowered, stock wont rub... AND my tires are WIDER then normal and STILL dont rub or hit the fender.. and i rarely scrape because I know how to drive! (there are a few that i do that are so bad you could probably scrape a stock height car)

so go ahead and think of some more excuses......... (or just admit its because you don't LIKE lowered cars or don't have the money to do it or are just a pansy or just don't know how and are scared to learn how to drive a lowered car)

being lower just makes it better looking and feel better when driving it.. there is such a thing as TOO low though

so everyone who is all 'i dont wanna lower my car at all cause blahblahblah roads suck' is full of crap.. they CAN say i don't want to put thinner tires on my wheels/rims.. but going 2" lower isnt going to make you put a hole in your oil pan driving down a road (and if it does you shouldn't have a license cause your doing some crazy driving) or make stock rims/tire size rub (mike already said hes on stock size stuff and 2" lower with no problems).. and it also shouldn't limit the cars driving ability

there can never be too low!! lol actually there car... just like i say for boys with the truck that have bags.. BAGS ARE FOR FAGS!!!

AMEN to the second mini paragraph, i have 2 small dents in my oil pan and im DUMPED.. so yeah there should be no reason to complain about roads really... my sol has seen plenty of horrible roads and she is STILL kicking :happy:

people with STOCK height cars should avoid sink holes and pot holes

my douche bag ex bent 2 of his STOCK rims with STOCK tires in his mustang hitting a pothole

so me having bigger rims/smaller tires really isnt a big deal to me.. i still miss the same potholes

if i'm not rubbing with 17's and my car lowered, stock wont rub... AND my tires are WIDER then normal and STILL dont rub or hit the fender.. and i rarely scrape because I know how to drive! (there are a few that i do that are so bad you could probably scrape a stock height car)

so go ahead and think of some more excuses......... (or just admit its because you don't LIKE lowered cars or don't have the money to do it or are just a pansy or just don't know how and are scared to learn how to drive a lowered car)

harsh much? lol yeh im broke and i dont kno whts teh best way to lower it. one guy said he would heat ma springs but i was like ehhhh. wht is the best way ppl?

there can never be too low!! lol actually there car... just like i say for boys with the truck that have bags.. BAGS ARE FOR FAGS!!!

AMEN to the second mini paragraph, i have 2 small dents in my oil pan and im DUMPED.. so yeah there should be no reason to complain about roads really... my sol has seen plenty of horrible roads and she is STILL kicking :happy:

"no bags, no switches, no fatass bitches" oh yehh

i spent two hours the other night lookin for a quote on anoter forum. it was something to the effect of you bitch you have fed up roads but who dosent. you get a set of coilovers and you think your as low as you can go FUUCK that go lower. your not low until your scooping up road deflectors with your bumper.

harsh much? lol yeh im broke and i dont kno whts teh best way to lower it. one guy said he would heat ma springs but i was like ehhhh. wht is the best way ppl?

"no bags, no switches, no fatass bitches" oh yehh

If you have $170 you can safely lower your Sol 2" :thumbsup: Tein S.techs and stock struts, and shocks! :D

DO NOT I REPEAT DO NOT HEAT UP AND COMPRESS YOUR SPRINGS OR CUT THEM!!! you will regret it!!!

If you have $170 you can safely lower your Sol 2" :thumbsup: Tein S.techs and stock struts, and shocks! :D

or if you plan on tracking your car at any time you can save and get some tein flex for $1,500 and have EDFC for $200 extra :p lol

DO NOT I REPEAT DO NOT HEAT UP AND COMPRESS YOUR SPRINGS OR CUT THEM!!! you will regret it!!!

or if you plan on tracking your car at any time you can save and get some tein flex for $1,500 and have EDFC for $200 extra :p lol

$500 more and i could of bought my car again lol...

Simple coil springs will lower the car and stiffen the spring rate considerably while reducing the total travel of your suspension and decreasing its ability to soak up bumps, but the cost is cheap, about $200. Coilovers are a much better soultion allowing much more adjustability and maintaining the stock suspensions travel, and depending on the kit, keeping the spring rate the same as well. But they are expensive. My Skunk2s retail for about $1500, but if I were in the position of going cheap now or waiting till I could save for the good stuff, I'd definately wait.

Cutting and torching are not even options as far as I am concerned. That's just asking for lots of problems, terrible ride quality, no adjustability, broken bits form the extra jarring, poor handling due to no suspension travel, and the list goes on...

• 1 month later...

Archived