acceleration and reving problems

93delsols

I just recently got a 93' del sol s

the kid who had it before me had a 1.6L zc 5spd installed from some place who knows>?

my problem is when the car is in motion or at a stand still i cant go past 2000 rpm's

the cars acting as if my rev limiter is at 2000 instead of 7000 peak.

so what would cause my car to do this?

ECU??> the ecu thats in it is a p06 wich i am replacing for a p28 5spd in a couple days

iddle sensor?? thats connected on the other side of the throttle body

any info would help

Chances are that you hit the nail on the head with the ECU issue. Certain combination of events trigger the limp mode to protect the car from damaging itself. You should be able to disconnect the ECU for 5-10 minutes and when you rehook it up the car will rev over 2k for a few minutes and then go back to limp mode. It is in limp mode for a reason so if you do this do not beat on the poor motor.

ECU??> the ecu thats in it is a p06 wich i am replacing for a p28 5spd in a couple days

iddle sensor?? thats connected on the other side of the throttle body

any info would help

it'll be fixed in a couple days then

i would not mess with ANYTHING until you get the p28.. because if you change something now it may have not needed adjusting and then you'll have to re-fix it

if it still acts funny make sure your running the right map

if it STILL acts funny.. check wiring.. vtec would have had to be wired in because its only drop in and plug and play if it was an Si.. and bad wiring is probably the most common culprit in a swap not running right

(I have the ZC in my car)

edit: peak is more of 7200 not 7k.. vtec should be engaging a little after 5k

• 2 weeks later...

I just got my p28 ecu but i have to get it tuned.

do to the fact of to much gas

i got it from a junkyard but they never told me it was tuned for a turbo ahhhh!!

is there anyway to untune it to the stock settings? after being tuned for a turbo

my car is still peaking lower then 7200 its at 4100

should i get a new dizzy mine smells like a burnt crayon is that common or fried

and or a wiring harness.

thanks

• 2 weeks later...

i just got a dizzy and put it in my car with the newer ecu i got the p28 i knew i would still have a engine light do from the other sensors but was gonna check my flash codes and it wasnt flashing so i tried my old ecu in my car cus i flashed i flashed codes off of it before and started it up and just from couriousity i reved up the engine

was reving it slowly and bam i hit my gov. in it wich is about 7000 rpms

so i was happy about my car running better but i just bought a p28 ecu i didn't need for $200

or should i get the p28 tuned instead of running the p06 chipped for vtec?

Archived