headlights

DelSolSweetie

the whole website they posted was photoshopped??

i think you are thinking of the wrong thing lol

they didnt have the headlights.. we were just saying something about them in a thread and they posted a link to a site that sold them

put the civic front support on it.. then take the back half of the sol fender and weld it to the front half of the civic fenders.. and bolt everything together

i didnt do it personally.. i bought it that way and then had to have it fixed.. then fixed again.. and now i want it fixed again cause the passenger fender looks a little weird by the light at just the right angle in just the right light...

when i get the new headlights we are going to readjust a couple things and clean up the front a bit more cause the hood is a little crooked from when we put it back on after the swap and i need to get my brother in law and bf in the same place at the same time to get them to fix it.. and fix my bumper sag.. and get the headlights fitted a little better

(i get compliments on it but i get pissed when i find the littlest thing wrong with it)

doesnt sound like it would be that hard to do, just lots of knowledge and time. i think it looks really good, it is definitely unique, as is that star on the side. but very nice sol even with the bumper quirks

thankyou.. i like it.. it was meant to stand out.. i actually had no idea HOW much it was going to stand out but i just went with it.. i get some crap from it from people but they are mainly people who don't know anything..

i was going to work tone time and some older guy in a NICE bmw was talking to me at the light and said it was really cute and sounded good.. then i get people in beat up ass pos's sayin crap.. i tend to ignore them.. and Ive gotten quite a few compliments from people at the track also.. so i kinda ignore the dumbasses who talk sh!t cause their opinion doesnt hold much weight when i have professional racers complimenting me and the car lol

funniest thing so far though: my brother in law and bf had my car for some reason and had to go somewhere.. some guy kept staring at them and then like yelled damn faries at them.. i thought my car was going to be the victim of a hate crime or something when they told me

thats not the site.. i wish i could remember which one it is

i kinda like the chrome ones better then the black ones.. cause the crystal corners look good on mine IMO i think the black would look weird

i dont think they have the chrome for the 2 door civic.. it only said 4 door.. gay

i think thats the site!!!

i THINK the chrome will look good but idk :help:

Chrome would probably look pretty good... Unfortunately the pictures of the headlights are all at odd angles, so they're a bit tough to photoshop... Maybe Seb can help you, but those are a bit beyond my skills with photo editing. And that site was posted by Mike actually. It's where he bought his and my headlights, for which I will be eternally in his debt :thumbsup:

i thought someone posted it recently also..

either way its all green del sols lol.. at least WAS in mikes case

Hmmm.. I dunno, I wasn't on HF all that much the past few months. Boredom has reached an all-time high in my life right now.

And you have a point... Shame on you Mike.

I have those (smoked ones, but same company made them). I wouldn't do it. The light they cast is horrendous. With the high beams on I can still barely see well enough at night to drive.

Wow, here is a way back pic when I first installed the lights, but before I installed the suspension.

x252.jpg

I plan on getting HIDS i just need a housing that isnt crap lol

I dont want smoked.. i think it would look weird on the car.. I wonder if the paint they used to smoke the headlights is just causing the light to be dim.. makes sense to me because black loves to soak up light

what you could do is get a pair of those, open them up, then paint the part of it white to match. kind of like the new vettes and honda fit. a lot of people with audis are doing that to black them out

On mine the front is not really smoked, it is more of a matte finish. Most of the dark color is from the back of the housing assembly. There is a giant label stuck to mine warning that installation of HIDS will cause damage to the units and they are not responsible for damage to the product or the car (the entire light housing and lens is plastic)

The actual light output on these is probably 25% of original intensity of the stock low beams. High beam output would be around the 75% range. I often wonder if my lights are even on when the low beams are enabled.

I would strongly avoid anything that requires only an h4 bulb (these use 4 of them)

Archived