Wierd fish

nnoossss

I just watched a special called River Monsters about that crocodile fish and people have been trying to kill them off for decades because they think they are so dangerous. Come to find out they are extremely calm in the waters and one guy even swam with a bunch of them without even the remotest sign of attack. I think they caught one that was 130ish pounds and about 6 1/2 feet long. If they can live to their actual 60 year lifespan they're supposed to get over like 20 feet or something.

I just watched a special called River Monsters about that crocodile fish and people have been trying to kill them off for decades because they think they are so dangerous. Come to find out they are extremely calm in the waters and one guy even swam with a bunch of them without even the remotest sign of attack. I think they caught one that was 130ish pounds and about 6 1/2 feet long. If they can live to their actual 60 year lifespan they're supposed to get over like 20 feet or something.

Was that the episode about the aligator gar?

damn thats a big ass fish

I have this fish and I can't get the head that big. If you don't have a fish tank fetish, you won't know about this fish. crap cost hundreds of dollars

This fish is illegal and many have tried to smuggle them into the states. I think ive seen these go for 3-10 thousand bucks for a BABY. Adults cost more.

gold.jpg

I have this fish and I can't get the head that big. If you don't have a fish tank fetish, you won't know about this fish. crap cost hundreds of dollars

This fish is illegal and many have tried to smuggle them into the states. I think ive seen these go for 3-10 thousand bucks for a BABY. Adults cost more.

gold.jpg

What is so special about that second fish? Doesn't look very spectacular in my opinion.

Its valuable mainly to Asians. b/c of this, they cost a lot of money. it all begins with superstitions and beliefs. They look like dragons due to their long body and long whiskers and that breed of fish is pretty rare. The gold colored are most valued b/c they're rare and the gold symbolizes prosperity. there are also red colored, green, silver/rainbow, etc. only silver is legal in the states and i think ones from Australia..? ANYHOW, bottomline is they resemble a dragon and golden dragon is seen as a powerful combo within the Asian belief.

Its valuable mainly to Asians. b/c of this, they cost a lot of money. it all begins with superstitions and beliefs. They look like dragons due to their long body and long whiskers and that breed of fish is pretty rare. The gold colored are most valued b/c they're rare and the gold symbolizes prosperity. there are also red colored, green, silver/rainbow, etc. only silver is legal in the states and i think ones from Australia..? ANYHOW, bottomline is they resemble a dragon and golden dragon is seen as a powerful combo within the Asian belief.

learn somethin new every day.

Archived