Del Sol not firing

bluebyu

Okay yesterday I was driving down the road and my sol died the gauges and everything dropped. Then tried to start it back and it's not firing at all. Replaced all the inards on the dizzy still not firing. My buddy and I are at a loss. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

well when it was my alternator that died it was running fine and then my gauges went crazy and stopped working then the car started missing and cut off

when is the last time you did changed plugs/wires/rotor button etc

The plugs and wires are fine. It's not even sending a spark through the wires. Changed the rotor today and rebuilt the dizzy still no spark.

well im not an expert on these things but i tried helpin lol

i would get a voltmeter thing and recheck everything

and i know fuel wouldnt mess with the gauges but it could be worth a check of the fuel system too

We got it to the house pulled the valve cover off and voila broke timing belt.

That'll do it... Since you aren't absolutely furious I'm guessing it didn't kill your engine? How old was the timing belt anyway?

I've only had the sol a year never replaced it. I'm sure it was the original one.

I haven't replaced it yet so lets hope that doesn't happen.

I've only had the sol a year never replaced it. I'm sure it was the original one.

I haven't replaced it yet so lets hope that doesn't happen.

... They're supposed to be replaced every 90,000 miles. They tend to just give out within a few hundred miles if you go over that. They usually look perfectly fine right up until they break.

• 4 weeks later...
You also need to pay attention to the time factor - I think it's 7 years (90K miles or 7 yrs).

I guess old belts are more fragile...

Exactly. Also depends on the vehicle. Accord 4 cylinders are 105k.

Exactly. Also depends on the vehicle. Accord 4 cylinders are 105k.

... since when? My Dad's got a 2000 Accord and it's the same 90k as... well, just about every car on the market I thought.

... since when? My Dad's got a 2000 Accord and it's the same 90k as... well, just about every car on the market I thought.

Not sure which generation, I want to say 6th generation. And not every car is 90k on the timing belt. Both of my Toyotas, and my Talon are 60k.

Archived