I like new toys

VF 39 turbo (sti) courtesy of a friend on lisc

SSPX0535.jpg

VF 39 with the tein s techs i still have yet to install

SSPX0534.jpg

now i need to get injectors and a fuel pump.

i guess i should look around for at least an sti top mount.

*update*

sti top mount intercooler. :thumbup:

IMG_1569.jpg

im also selling the s tech springs and getting a set of tanabe gf210s

are you going to be boosting as much as an sti? i've heard that the internals aren't as strong on the wrx?

Im already pushing 16.5 psi with my stock turbo. from the factory its at 13.5 psi

there isnt anything wrong with the internals on the wrx, they can handle a decent amount of power. i know a couple guys pushing 300+ whp on stock internals. the problem with the wrx is the tranny. it cant hold power worth crap.

performance wise, Im already at the stock sti level, give or take 10hp.

and I still need a tune for the intake i just put on, once i get that tuned next week, ill be easily quicker than a stock sti.

now once i install the bigger turbo, an sti top mount, injectors, fuel pump, and a tune, ill be around 260-280 to the wheels, with over 300wtq especially if i have turbomike tune it.

Im already pushing 16.5 psi with my stock turbo. from the factory its at 13.5 psi

there isnt anything wrong with the internals on the wrx, they can handle a decent amount of power. i know a couple guys pushing 300+ whp on stock internals. the problem with the wrx is the tranny. it cant hold power worth crap.

performance wise, Im already at the stock sti level, give or take 10hp.

and I still need a tune for the intake i just put on, once i get that tuned next week, ill be easily quicker than a stock sti.

now once i install the bigger turbo, an sti top mount, injectors, fuel pump, and a tune, ill be around 260-280 to the wheels, with over 300wtq especially if i have turbomike tune it.

oh i see. i was just wondering. i had asked a guy if it was worth it to just buy the wrx and use the money saved from not getting an sti and build it up yourself, but he said that after you buy the parts for the motor, suspension, and breaks it would be cheaper to just buy the sti, but he didn't own a subaru so i figured you would know more, and it seems like you do

you can buy a wrx for at least 5 grand less than an sti.

it takes about $1500 to make a wrx compete with an sti power wise.

but yeah, modding subarus can be a bit expensive.

But buy modding a wrx instead of an sti, you save alot on insurance payments.:thumbsup:

ive been getting lucky and finding cheap parts through some friends out here.

• 2 weeks later...

ive seen them go for 5-6k, but you will find them mostly around 7-9k

Who builds that turbo? I see IHI on the housing. ??? Heavy Industries

yessir

ive seen them go for 5-6k, but you will find them mostly around 7-9k

yessir

Guess my question was what does the 1st I stand for? MHI is Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, makers of the E316G.

Updated first post...

rob, i have no idea man. i just know that the vf39 will be good for around 320-330 whp. :smoking:

In that case, I'm going to assume they're made by Isuzu Heavy Industries.

Archived