Hey everyone

JB4times4

Hey everybody I'm Justin from Utah. I'm here because I'm looking to get a honda and invest in it. For now I'm not investing much because my job isn't reliable until the end of may.

I'm not sure where to ask it, but I'd like to get everyone's opinion on what car to get.

Hey everybody I'm Justin from Utah. I'm here because I'm looking to get a honda and invest in it. For now I'm not investing much because my job isn't reliable until the end of may.

I'm not sure where to ask it, but I'd like to get everyone's opinion on what car to get.

welcome to the forums. how much money are you willing to invest? what are your goals for the car (performance, luxury, gas sipper?)

Well as I'm only 17 this is kinda what I'm looking for.

º Manual Transmission

º fast/quick

º good engine

º Price under:

ºº A.$8,000 (2005 or newer)

ºº B.$7,000 (2001 - 2005)

ºº B.$5,000 (2001 and older)

º economic (explained below)

I will have, starting the end of may, more money to put towards the car but for now thats the loan I can get...I need a car for my job anyways so please don't tell me not to get a loan.

also as I'm only 17 my grandpa has to get the loan so he said I need to get an economic car.

If you want potential to tinker with the car, want to have some money left over, want good gas mileage, and this is your first car, then I suggest you look for pretty much any 1990-2000 Honda/Acura. Those can run you $600 - $8000 depending on what you get, what year it is, what condition its in, and how many miles are on it. You'd probably enjoy a Prelude, Integra, Civic Si, Del Sol, or even a V6 Accord.

So out of these what I'm getting is that a prelude has one of the bigger engines out of the rest? It even has more HP then the V6 accord. Am I missing something, or is this the best engine out of all of these?

So out of these what I'm getting is that a prelude has one of the bigger engines out of the rest? It even has more HP then the V6 accord. Am I missing something, or is this the best engine out of all of these?

You want to look at engine codes such as D16, B18, F22, H22....

The numbers in these codes signify the engine's diplacement (size), such as 1.6L, 1.8L, 2.2L

Do some searching for hp numbers on these engines if that's what you're looking for. Engines can vary by year and trim as well. Plus, you could always put on a turbo setup and double your hp.

So after looking around a bit, It looks like a civic is the cheapest on insurance (4door) compared to pretty much all the others. I think I might go with that. If any car is going to be able to be modded then I'm ok with whatever. any suggestions?

I'm aware, but is there a car that is economic stock and then can be made fast all for the price budget?

Yes, but once it's made fast you throw economic out the window.

del sol.. not the super fastest but we are talking about hondas here

good thing about sols: 2 seater and targa top

bad thing about all other hondas: the top doesnt come off (okay so maybe a s2000 does but thats out of his budget)

turbo guys on d-series.org are reporting mpg in the low 30's

Not when they're getting on it. Like I said, going fast removes economic. The Talon will get high 20s if I stay out of the turbo.

Not when they're getting on it. Like I said, going fast removes economic. The Talon will get high 20s if I stay out of the turbo.

very true. mine would prolly be in the teens the first for the first couple of weeks if i had a major upgrade like that.

Archived