guess what i just bought

hiemsnox

so i just picked up a brand new never used DC Sports muffler that retails at $160 for $20 LOL... and all i had to do was drive 80 miles to pick it up... so like 10 bucks in gas.... now i just need to find a way to use it...

you could probably put it on your car :)

ya thats what im doing now... trying to get qoutes from muffler shops to see how much it would cost to get pipe bent and welded with a second resonator installed like a glass pack... first shop i went to said 250.. hows that sound?

ya thats what im doing now... trying to get qoutes from muffler shops to see how much it would cost to get pipe bent and welded with a second resonator installed like a glass pack... first shop i went to said 250.. hows that sound?

Don't do a glasspack. Most glasspacks have big "dimple" things inside that hugely restrict flow. Get an actual resonator. Also make sure they are doing manderal bent piping and not crush bent. Probably about every quote you get will be for crush bent piping if you don't specify manderal bent pipe.

My local shop, it's a Magic Muffler shop (all purple and sh*t) installed my full exhaust and had to do some cutting and welding, only cost me 100 bucks

geez i need to find a place like the one that u guys went to... cause i feel WAY over charged if i have to pay 250....

know whats closest to the dayton/cincinnatti/columbus/lower left ohio area? lol

You don't have to tell me where beavercreek is. I thought we already covered the fact that I live in Ohio. Not to mention that google maps still works.

Muffler Brothers operates a chain of independent shops through this area. I have one that I go to regularly in Urbana. The guy there always gives me a quote to do it the 'right' way and then offers to do it any other way I specify as long as I pay in cash. As an example. I was quoted $350 to run a new full exhaust including muffler and catalytic converter on my 86 gmc 1500 using stock diameter piping. Or, if I paid $300 cash with no receipt I could get true duals running 2.5 piping with no cats and two flowmaster (or whatever equivalent) mufflers.

It would not be a stretch to see them charge only $100-$150 for hanging 2.5 pipe connected to your original cat with your provided muffler.

Archived