CAI questions...

Hey guys I just purchased a CAI from HPS a few days ago and was wondering about hydrolock. Now how big are my chances of getting that? I live in Minnesota so we get moderate rain. I've been reading up on it and saw the AEM bypass valve but do now know how effective it will be. Can someone help me out and let me know under what conditions would I get hydrolock. Thanks!

This is the CAI. The cool thing is that it is a 2-piece and can be converted to short ram.

87-410-CAI.jpg

My old integra ran a Cold Air Intake for 5-6 years and went through some ridiculous rain here in Missouri through the years. It never once Hydrolocked. I did come close once, but common sense kept it from happening. Last year there was some horrible flooding here and there was a spot on the highway where there was standing water. I hit it and made sure I wasn't on the throttle when I went through.....it still bogged the engine and almost died, but no hydrolock......and this was with an integra that was lowered a good 3.5 inches.

My old integra ran a Cold Air Intake for 5-6 years and went through some ridiculous rain here in Missouri through the years. It never once Hydrolocked. I did come close once, but common sense kept it from happening. Last year there was some horrible flooding here and there was a spot on the highway where there was standing water. I hit it and made sure I wasn't on the throttle when I went through.....it still bogged the engine and almost died, but no hydrolock......and this was with an integra that was lowered a good 3.5 inches.

holy fk batman, sounds like fun haha.

+1 on the rain, i get it bad in ohio

I hear everyone is saying that i should be fine but I was talking to a guy at school today who know a lot about cars and he said that I should just stick with the short ram because water, over time, will accumulate onto the filter from driving in the rain... So this is what I'm worried about. I'm not planning on driving through oceans anytime soon ;)

How hard is it to install a cold air onto a civic?

I hear everyone is saying that i should be fine but I was talking to a guy at school today who know a lot about cars and he said that I should just stick with the short ram because water, over time, will accumulate onto the filter from driving in the rain... So this is what I'm worried about. I'm not planning on driving through oceans anytime soon ;)

How hard is it to install a cold air onto a civic?

uh no it dries out. and you should also clean your filter ever now and then (depending on the kind). and even if some water does accumulate, it wont be enough to hydrolock the motor.

and its very easy to install onto your civic. when you know exactly what youre doing it takes about 20 minutes

uh no it dries out. and you should also clean your filter ever now and then (depending on the kind). and even if some water does accumulate, it wont be enough to hydrolock the motor.

and its very easy to install onto your civic. when you know exactly what youre doing it takes about 20 minutes

Would I need to get behind the fender in the wheel well? That's a bitch... I had to do that to just change a bulb.

Would I need to get behind the fender in the wheel well? That's a bitch... I had to do that to just change a bulb.

yeah you might need too. i'm not sure how the civic is set up but you might be able to remove the black plastic under the front of the car and get to the filter location that way.

yeah you might need too. i'm not sure how the civic is set up but you might be able to remove the black plastic under the front of the car and get to the filter location that way.

Alright, it said that it comes with instructions so I will check those out as soon as I get them. I'm so excited! It shipped today!

just unhook the fender liner, there are a couple of philips head screws holding it in place. then attach the filter to the lower part of the tube and just slide the pipe up in through the hole (what she said) next to the fender and attach it to the SRI portion.

just unhook the fender liner, there are a couple of philips head screws holding it in place. then attach the filter to the lower part of the tube and just slide the pipe up in through the hole (what she said) next to the fender and attach it to the SRI portion.

^^ LOL funny guy. but yeah its as easy as 124..well 123 hehe. but yeah it shouldnt be hard, i got mine installed in 15 min with all the right tools. but then found out it had a crack in the pipe :(

Archived