Question about tires??

frostedflake

I am in the process of building an H22 EK coupe with GSR blades on it and I was looking at tires today but cant really decide what to get.

What would be some good tires for the street and occasional track use?

BFGoodrich G-force or Pirelli's. Pirelli's are my favorite by far but they also cost the most :)

yea they both are a little bit pricey for me, I'm looking for something around $100 to $120 max per tire.

I am a college student there for I'm on a strict budget.

Forenza's have good reviews and are decently priced. Look into a few models of those.

Cheap tires for daily and track use you can't beat falken's. Look at the ziex for a good performance street tire. Not the greatest for track but great for aggressive street. Azenis are even better but are more expensive.

Both of these tires are not track tires, but performance street tires that should fair well on raceday and are cheap enough you can afford to burn through them.

Azenis come in at least two different flavors as well. One is a high perf street application and another is a street slick type application specifically intended for street/track hybrid cars.

Falkens are out of the question! After me and my friend were in his H22 hatch doing 140 and both front tires shredded, I'm not down!

My mom just got some neogens for her integra and they are nice tires but I'm not sure how they will hold up on track because they don't have any middle high speed band on them.

I just looked around at some of those Azenis RT-615 and I think thats the way I'm gonna go, they are exactly what I'm lookin for plus I found them for $91 a tire!

I know I said no falkens, but its the ze-912's that i dont like.

ze-912 are sport highway tires. I think they are only speed rated to 105 or something. doing 140 in incorrectly spec rubber you are lucky you didn't both die

ze-912 are sport highway tires. I think they are only speed rated to 105 or something. doing 140 in incorrectly spec rubber you are lucky you didn't both die

Exactly. 140 rated tires would be Z rated I believe.

Correction, that would be V rated. 149 MPH.

these falkens are softer than 912.

good luck going 140 all over the place.

hope theres some potholes

First off stop being such a prick :nono: .

The ze-912's we had on there were z rated which are rated to 149mph+ according to the tire place where we bought them from.

Yes, we know we were lucky this time, and believe me that was a ride I never wanna go on again.

I am building my H22 coupe for track only purposes because I already have a daily driver.

The ze-912's we had on there were z rated which are rated to 149mph+ according to the tire place where we bought them from.

Yes, we know we were lucky this time, and believe me that was a ride I never wanna go on again.

I am building my H22 coupe for track only purposes because I already have a daily driver.

That's funny, since the ZE-912s don't come in a Z rated tire. Try again next time.

you have to have a car that can handle those speeds to go 140+mph.

a civic isnt meant to go that fast for very long.

He wasn't holding it at 140, we had just got an exhaust leak fixed on his header and he got a little bit too excited on a completely empty highway. anybody that knows the area knows that there is very few traffic on 840. he just gassed it and as soon as the car hit roughly 140 it started to shake like mad crazy and was pulling us towards the grass median, but we didn't have enough time to stop so we slid through the median and across the other side onto the shoulder on the other side of the highway, luckily we didn't get hurt. I know he will think twice about doing that again so I'm not mad at him. And also nobody in here has room to judge anybody else because we all know that we have gone way too fast, and as far as his tires goes he specifically told them to give him z rated tires so we wouldn't have this problem so if they gave him something else it is not our fault and we should sue them for false advertising and almost killing us.

He wasn't holding it at 140, we had just got an exhaust leak fixed on his header and he got a little bit too excited on a completely empty highway. anybody that knows the area knows that there is very few traffic on 840. he just gassed it and as soon as the car hit roughly 140 it started to shake like mad crazy and was pulling us towards the grass median, but we didn't have enough time to stop so we slid through the median and across the other side onto the shoulder on the other side of the highway, luckily we didn't get hurt. I know he will think twice about doing that again so I'm not mad at him. And also nobody in here has room to judge anybody else because we all know that we have gone way too fast, and as far as his tires goes he specifically told them to give him z rated tires so we wouldn't have this problem so if they gave him something else it is not our fault and we should sue them for false advertising and almost killing us.

Since it was pulling and shaking, his alignment was off causing excess friction and heat, thereby shredding the tires. You just answered the question as to why the tires failed. The tires were fine, the vehicle wasn't. Don't blame tires for a badly setup vehicle.

Archived