I new with Integra, lots ???

Guest elmonix79

you sig and avitar arent updated then right? it looks a little 4X4ish for coilovers...

+1 listen to this guy, nate knows his sh!t :thumbsup:

your right there not updated but im pretty sure i know more about an integra then yall do i mean neither 1 of you even drive 1?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
your right there not updated but im pretty sure i know more about an integra then yall do i mean neither 1 of you even drive 1?

lol nate prolly had the cleanest teg on here before he got his hatch. not the name cleanGSR

HungGSR.jpg

and i think the H swap would be impractical considering you could get more power for the money with the turbo kit, assuming its a daily driver.

Lol. I had a GSR for 2 1/2 years and only sold it about 6 months ago. I highly doubt that you know more about integras than me.

2008-03-01_19.jpg

IMG_1318.jpg

Integra60.jpg

But yeah....you're right....my true GSR teg (and knowledge of tegs) comes nowhere near you and your integra.. :rolleyes:

a vtec head wont increase hp, it will help your car go through the powerband quicker though..

yeah i almost bought H&R's for my bimmer but i wasnt spending 1300 euro on them, wayy too much money.

what kind of coilovers are you looking at for $800? i paid $1400 for my tein type flex coilover damper kit.

check craigslist for a vtec head, price will be different on which head it is ie: ITR, GSR, Si

i have omni power full coilovers on my gsr and theyre really nice (other than the fact that the ones i have were recalled due to them snapping) but theyve fixed the problem and the ride is fully adjustable and actually not too bad rough wise omni only makes theyre stuff for certain cars so its really individualized they know wat theyre doin.... but they run you about 800 brand new but if you want speed you deffinately need to work on some handling as well

SO A boost set up is (turbo) beacuse they are $$$$$

I found a B16 head

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/pts/1127163949.html

what do you guys think?

A boost setup is turbo yes (can be supercharger but that's usually referred to as "blown") Turbo is only expensive if you insist on buying a kit. You can be piece one together for probably about 1500.

Used but good condition T3/T04E will run probably $300

Used Log Main $150

Godspeed Intercooler/piping $200-300

Oil Lines $100 (probably less if you look around)

Wastegate $150

BOV $100

DSM 450cc's $100

Downpipe $150

Dyno Tuning on Crome (Crome is free) $250-350

Some of those things will be used but if you buy a used Tial Wastegate or Greddy BOV you'll be fine....same with a used downpipe as long as all the welds are good and no cracks....turbo as long as there is no shaft play and no bad seals...etc... you just have to know what to look for and shop around. That setup could easily hit the 250-300whp mark. A local tuner hit just over 300whp on his stock LS teg with pretty much that exact setup and ran it for a LONG time before he decided to build the LS and ended up at 403whp on the built LS (and it wasn't a major build...just forged rods/pistons.)

......but then again...I don't know as much as Dwizzy about integras..... :crazy:

Edit: And Dwizzy.....if you know so much more about integras than me then why was it that I had to tell you in another thread (that you made asking about it) that a GT35r was ridiculously overkill for a 350-400whp goal on a 1.8 liter car and that a GT28/GT30 would be much better and make much more power throughout the powerband. If you know so much more about integras, then wouldn't you have been giving me that advice instead of ME giving it to YOU??? Interesting.

theres a H series around here that is built n the dude only gets to drive maybe 2 or 3 times a month because he has to fix it so damn much its pushing 600 plus but he has to spend about $1000 everytime he drives it because of the tranny or something, also my friend has a prelude ( H22 ) and its been broke down for about 4 months now, another guy swaped a H22 in his accord built it right and everything pushing maybe 220 and it blew up in a couple of months, now my LS motor that I had went without oil for 4 days until it blew up lol that was a friends fault tho but H series just are to much of a hassel for me.

that wouldnt be unreliability of a H series engine, it would be too much dogging the car from the driver.. and the guy with the "600+hp" h22 probally doesnt have the right tranny setup for that much power if he is messing it up everytime he takes it out..

lol yeha nate had a badass teg and my first car was a 1989 integra LS with a B17A1 swap... :dry:

i asked about the turbo because i have just been told different things about it about getting a GT30 or GT35 and its pretty annoying when ppl say a true GSR it doesnt matter if its a true GSR because I know more about b18c1's then pretty much any1 who actually owns one, im not trying to argue im just stating a fact that H motors are a hell of alot harder to work on then a B series, and I also have owned an integra for 2 1/2 years so i mean i know wtf im talking about and considering the fact that I owned an LS aswell and knew exactly how to build it and boost it

your best just getting info from forums because a magazine is just going to make you spend more money on parts because your going to want to buy stuff that your really not going to need

Guest elmonix79
your best just getting info from forums because a magazine is just going to make you spend more money on parts because your going to want to buy stuff that your really not going to need

I have this question? There is alot of people that have told me to change the cams for a b16 or some thing like that.

is it worth it? how would they help?

I do not want to do alot of stuff right now to my car at the moment, but I'm palning to do the turbo. or the ls/vtec.

Guest elmonix79

Also i'm looking for a way to protect my car (security sys) I heard of cluch lock, stering wheel change, I do not want the alarm because is really anoying and no one pays aattention to it?

Any sugestions?

Thanks.

i asked about the turbo because i have just been told different things about it about getting a GT30 or GT35 and its pretty annoying when ppl say a true GSR it doesnt matter if its a true GSR because I know more about b18c1's then pretty much any1 who actually owns one, im not trying to argue im just stating a fact that H motors are a hell of alot harder to work on then a B series, and I also have owned an integra for 2 1/2 years so i mean i know wtf im talking about and considering the fact that I owned an LS aswell and knew exactly how to build it and boost it

omg Yeah, your vast knowledge of B18C1's and boosted B18B's is shown by the fact that you wanted to put a GT35 onto a B18C1 for a 350whp goal :rolleyes: Good luck convincing anybody that you are the know all master of B18C1's when you couldn't even figures something as simple as that out on your own.

I'll leave elmonix's latest question for you to answer since you are the knowledge king on tegs.....wish we could all be a smart as you.

Guest elmonix79

sorry dudes! I like to know more about my integra and please answer my question.

I here to learn and I thing you guys too, I'm sorry to start this but My intesion where to find out more, and things that I didn't know

remember you'll never know everything, but every day is a new experience.

well what are you doing 1st boosting it or do you want to do the vtec conversion, if your not wanting to spend alot of money right then you should do the vtec conversion then save your money... dont worry about a header intake or anything of that sort because your not going to use it once you boost your car. Are you getting a b16 head? because you probably shouldnt you should just stay with the head that you have

Are you serious? you can do a vtec conversion on a ls head my friend also has the conversion kit if thats what you really want to do I can get it for a really low price just let me know

Are you serious? you can do a vtec conversion on a ls head my friend also has the conversion kit if thats what you really want to do I can get it for a really low price just let me know

:crazy: Please post a link to the conversion kit that will make an LS head have VTEC....I'd love to see where that kit is. Even if they do make a conversion kit (which I don't think they do), it would be dumb since the LS head flows like crap compared to a B16 or B18C1 head.

Please post the link to the conversion kit...seriously I'm anxious to see that since I haven't seen it before.

:crazy: Please post a link to the conversion kit that will make an LS head have VTEC....I'd love to see where that kit is. Even if they do make a conversion kit (which I don't think they do), it would be dumb since the LS head flows like crap compared to a B16 or B18C1 head.

Please post the link to the conversion kit...seriously I'm anxious to see that since I haven't seen it before.

^ +1, i never seen one either... and if they did make a kit why would you tell a guy thats new to honda/acuras to do this.. it would be ALOT easier if he got a b16,b18c1, or a b18c5 head instead of doing custom work with a head and messing something up

Bump..... post the link dude. If you fail to respond to this then you prove that you're on the fail train.....or are you gonna just ignore this since you can't find a link??

if you say so man...

the only reason i could really think of why a gsr would be faster than a LSvtec teg would be because of the long assed gearing of a LS tranny

if you say so man...

the only reason i could really think of why a gsr would be faster than a LSvtec teg would be because of the long assed gearing of a LS tranny

ya if u just get a gsr head or b16 head hell even a c5 head and just find a used tranny from gsr or better youll have a gsr then just build it.....and u can find a nice trans. all over craigslist or junk yards/salvage for near to nothing.... and thats deffinately not a true statement i have a gsr with intake header exhaust itr cams and i raced a 94 civic coupe with b18ls block and b16head and ctr cams and he had ls tranny and a few more upgrades nothing spectacular and he fuccin spanked me up and down the street so its all wat u buy and how u tune that matters

ya if u just get a gsr head or b16 head hell even a c5 head and just find a used tranny from gsr or better youll have a gsr then just build it.....and u can find a nice trans. all over craigslist or junk yards/salvage for near to nothing.... and thats deffinately not a true statement i have a gsr with intake header exhaust itr cams and i raced a 94 civic coupe with b18ls block and b16head and ctr cams and he had ls tranny and a few more upgrades nothing spectacular and he fuccin spanked me up and down the street so its all wat u buy and how u tune that matters

94 coupe weighs how much...

Archived