I new with Integra, lots ???

Guest elmonix79

Guest elmonix79

Sorry Probably this is the most common question.

I have a 1996 Integra Special Edition (LS, I guess?) I already have: Cold air intake, twin loop exaust, I'm looking to get more performance but I'm not so sure how much HP will I get with a header, and wich brand will give me th most with out spending tons of money.

what else can I do to get more HP with less money and things that I could do my self?

what do you think about megan header?

thanks.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

are you planning on boosting this car? if not then go with the tri y header its a lil pricey but its the best hands down and as far as other mods I would look into cams and things of that sort but dont do everything to the motor all at once you should really work on your suspension aswell

Guest elmonix79
are you planning on boosting this car? if not then go with the tri y header its a lil pricey but its the best hands down and as far as other mods I would look into cams and things of that sort but dont do everything to the motor all at once you should really work on your suspension aswell

well I'm planing to get a turbo in the future, but I new to imports (hondas, etc), I heard a lot about cams but I do not know how it works, also I did change the shock and springs to a H&R and KYB shocks

is it hard to change the cams? would it be a change on the smog inspection?

well one of the first few things i would is put a vtec head on your engine.. and also some suspension work. if you get coilovers theyll ride rougher than lowering springs but you will have adjustable ride height..

do you have a car that will be used while your teg is out for the build?

Guest elmonix79
well one of the first few things i would is put a vtec head on your engine.. and also some suspension work. if you get coilovers theyll ride rougher than lowering springs but you will have adjustable ride height..

do you have a car that will be used while your teg is out for the build?

I got R6 bike, how the v-tech head would increase the hp on my car? my motor only have 93,xxx miles on it, i like the drop from H&R, I had them on my E36 BMW(325 is), I still would like to get fullcoilovers but $800 is too much money to spend at once.

how much would the head cost?

Thanks

I got R6 bike, how the v-tech head would increase the hp on my car? my motor only have 93,xxx miles on it, i like the drop from H&R, I had them on my E36 BMW(325 is), I still would like to get fullcoilovers but $800 is too much money to spend at once.

how much would the head cost?

Thanks

a vtec head wont increase hp, it will help your car go through the powerband quicker though..

yeah i almost bought H&R's for my bimmer but i wasnt spending 1300 euro on them, wayy too much money.

what kind of coilovers are you looking at for $800? i paid $1400 for my tein type flex coilover damper kit.

check craigslist for a vtec head, price will be different on which head it is ie: ITR, GSR, Si

a vtec head wont increase hp, it will help your car go through the powerband quicker though..

>_< Geez come on. Adding a Vtec head (whether B16 or B18C1) will most definitely increase the power. Seriously, how can adding a better flowing head and variable valve timing (I assume you know how that works CT9A) not increase power. It should increase it throughout the entire power band.....especially in the higher rpms.

Well if your planning on boosting it I wouldn't worry about your intake and header because you want need them you should just start to build the motor such as pistons, rods and stuff of that sort but nothing should mess with the inspection but I live in va so I don't know but cams aren't hard to install at all but maybe you should ask around your area if anyone could do it for you, if not come back and tell me and I can give directions just keep posting on what exactly you want to do

Guest elmonix79
And just by doing a vtec conversion would definatly make a difference with a different head

would it be easier if I change the engine to H22 And Sell mine It only has 93.XXX miles on it

Guest elmonix79

Sorry about this questions!!! but I do not know much about hondas.

So if I put an H22 or I swap the Head to a V-tech it will be the same hp gain on my car?

also I have this question about chiping the ECU, Is it wort it?

Sorry about this questions!!! but I do not know much about hondas.

So if I put an H22 or I swap the Head to a vtec it will be the same hp gain on my car?

also I have this question about chiping the ECU, Is it wort it?

im not too sure about how much power you would run comparing the two.. the H22 will have more torque if im not mistaken.. but like i said swapping to a H22 is ALOT more work than just putting a Si head, GSR, or ITR head on what you have now.. and if youre planning on building it, i say that a LSvtec is alot better of a powerplant to build.. esp for boost :thumbsup:

oh and BTW its...... VTEC, vtech is a phone

Dont dare swap to ANY H series motors there horrible they break down more then a Ford lol, but getting your ECU is a most if you start doing serious mods to your car, even without really big mods its still good to have it chipped, look into getting Hondata its a program for your ECU. Also LS Vtec conversion is probably going to run you anywhere from $200 or up its not bad and its awhole lot better then doing a H22 swap. where do you by the way? Oh and by the way dont get a ITR head there bad if your wanting to boost your car

Dont dare swap to ANY H series motors there horrible they break down more then a Ford lol, but getting your ECU is a most if you start doing serious mods to your car, even without really big mods its still good to have it chipped, look into getting Hondata its a program for your ECU. Also LS Vtec conversion is probably going to run you anywhere from $200 or up its not bad and its awhole lot better then doing a H22 swap. where do you by the way? Oh and by the way dont get a ITR head there bad if your wanting to boost your car

lolwut?

What do you mean what? its true H motors are horrible

No....no there not. They aren't the best for boost for the mere fact that the block has to have a lot more work than a B series to handle higher boost levels, but H's are very dependable motors. We have quite a few members on here with H22's that are stock or just bolt-on's and none have had any problems with the motor. We also have 2 members on here that have built and boosted H22's. One is over 400whp and the other shooting for over 500whp I believe. Both of them haven't had any problems. Just like anything, if you don't do the work right, you'll have problems.

We also have a member that did an LS-VTEC on here and something wasn't done right (don't remember what exactly) and the motor didn't last very long.....that doesn't mean that LS-VTEC's in general are unreliable.

That said, I would not swap an H22. For that matter, I wouldn't even put a VTEC head on there. Do a boost setup. Boost the LS and you can easily get 250whp.....closer to 300whp if you have an excellent tuner that can tune it safe to 300whp. Then down the road you can build the motor with forged internals and a VTEC head and shoot for around 450-500whp.

And if your looking at Coilovers go to Kteller.com they have Full omni coilovers for $650 its a great deal and its what I did

you sig and avitar arent updated then right? it looks a little 4X4ish for coilovers...

No....no there not. They aren't the best for boost for the mere fact that the block has to have a lot more work than a B series to handle higher boost levels, but H's are very dependable motors. We have quite a few members on here with H22's that are stock or just bolt-on's and none have had any problems with the motor. We also have 2 members on here that have built and boosted H22's. One is over 400whp and the other shooting for over 500whp I believe. Both of them haven't had any problems. Just like anything, if you don't do the work right, you'll have problems.

We also have a member that did an LS-VTEC on here and something wasn't done right (don't remember what exactly) and the motor didn't last very long.....that doesn't mean that LS-VTEC's in general are unreliable.

That said, I would not swap an H22. For that matter, I wouldn't even put a VTEC head on there. Do a boost setup. Boost the LS and you can easily get 250whp.....closer to 300whp if you have an excellent tuner that can tune it safe to 300whp. Then down the road you can build the motor with forged internals and a VTEC head and shoot for around 450-500whp.

+1 listen to this guy, nate knows his sh!t :thumbsup:

Guest elmonix79

I kind of like the Idea to start with a boost, but I'm not sure what boost set up is?. the H22 I can get it on craiglist or there is a place here in Los Angeles that sell Japanese engines.

sorry about the spelling!!

Where can i get info about the Boost set up?, sould I get the ECU chiped?

theres a H series around here that is built n the dude only gets to drive maybe 2 or 3 times a month because he has to fix it so damn much its pushing 600 plus but he has to spend about $1000 everytime he drives it because of the tranny or something, also my friend has a prelude ( H22 ) and its been broke down for about 4 months now, another guy swaped a H22 in his accord built it right and everything pushing maybe 220 and it blew up in a couple of months, now my LS motor that I had went without oil for 4 days until it blew up lol that was a friends fault tho but H series just are to much of a hassel for me.

Archived