Max Boost

Since I know relativly nothing about spec maps and stuff, what would be optimal, and max boost pressures for these specs on a stock internals on a '93 D16z6. (450cc injectors, tuned ECU for a slightly smaller turbo. But fuel press is 40psi to compensate. plugs show optimum burn.)

Compressor Specs :

dot.gif 3" Compressor Inlet

dot.gif 3.000" or 76.20mm Major

dot.gif 1.988" or 50.50mm Minor

dot.gif Compressor .50 A.R.

dot.gif Compressor 57 Trim

dot.gif M24 / T4 Compressor Housing

Turbine Specs :

dot.gif T3 Type Turbine

dot.gif 11 Blade Type

dot.gif 2.25" Exducer

dot.gif Turbine .64 A.R.

dot.gif Turbine 76 Trim

dot.gif 2.560 " or 65.04mm Major

dot.gif 2.204 " or 56.00mm Minor

dot.gif Exhaust Outlet Flange with 5 bolt design

External wastegate spring at 8psi. Its fun, and super fast at 8, but im wondering how much i could go before I need rods upgraded.

Ok....definatly dont have a dyno anywhere around here. Any idea on PSI numbers?... And def not 42...

And I have a A/F gauge...but I dont believe its wideband, just sensor wire connect.

A wideband is just a sensor wire as well, but the sensor itself measures from 0-5 volts, which gives it a better reading of your A/F. If you get it shop tuned, then you won't *need* a wideband, but it's still a good idea to have one. Be prepared...they're not cheap.

Yea, I have seen them around the $200 mark... sucks... Ill probably eventually get it tuned in St Louis or something, but I cant afford the drive down there, tune, and the drive back.

Just looking for the Pressure number though. Plugs dont lie, if its lean I can bump it up, if its rich I can knock it down.

I just dont want to overload a rod with too much boosted pressure.

Yea, I have seen them around the $200 mark... sucks... Ill probably eventually get it tuned in St Louis or something, but I cant afford the drive down there, tune, and the drive back.

Just looking for the Pressure number though. Plugs dont lie, if its lean I can bump it up, if its rich I can knock it down.

I just dont want to overload a rod with too much boosted pressure.

218 for the AEM UEGO. Safer to run rich. You really shouldn't be doing anything unless you can get it tuned right away. Save your money and wait if you have to.

How much would a tune normally cost?

Also would 10psi on any setup be too much?

THe ECU is tuned to a T25 or T28 im not sure. But its set for 10psi on one of those. 10psi is 10psi right? Just spool time is different? (Im just trying to understand turbo setups with all the numbers and specs)

10 psi on a t25 is gonna yield totally different cfm than a t3/t4 setup.

10 psi is not 10 psi when it comes to different turbos.

PSI really doesn't mean too much in general when different turbos are up for discussion.

you'll actualy want to get a wideband that shows from like 10-18afr's but, with only 0-3.5 volts since the ecu wont read/compute any higher voltage..Older uego's are 0-5v, but their new ones are restricted so solve this problem on hondas.

you'll actualy want to get a wideband that shows from like 10-18afr's but, with only 0-3.5 volts since the ecu wont read/compute any higher voltage..Older uego's are 0-5v, but their new ones are restricted so solve this problem on hondas.

Brand new AEM UEGO measures 0-5 volts. I checked before I made that post.

For tuning...I'd recommend going to Lowe Performance in St. Louis. They have a very good reputation in the area for tuning hondas and have recently become a Hondata dealer. Can tune everything from turbo edit and OBD-0 to probably AEM standalone.

http://www.loweperformance.net/

I'll be going to them for a tune when/if I ever get my car boosted. They are reasonably priced too. 125/hour on the dyno and they said the first time the car is on the dyno with them budget for at least a couple hours....so 250. If you can get dyno tuned for 250-375, I don't think that's a bad price.

Are you on www.stlhondas.com? Just wondering cause there's a bunch of cool Honda guys on there from the STL area if you are near there.

Archived